Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: XBox One vs PS4 (consoles)

United States
    I'm sticking with my PS3. It's got more games that I actually like to play than the ps4 or xboxes and they're not crazy expensive anymore.
    Just a zombie girl on a Saturday night. <3

England
    $499 (£450) for the Xbox One X (Scorpio)
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    I bought my brand new PS3 for just $200. I had an older one that I paid more for but it tore up on me and I didn't have a warranty. I'm going to take better care of my new system.
    Just a zombie girl on a Saturday night. <3

England
    Just dropped £400 on a Scorpio (X). Pick it up tomorrow. Woohoo

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Just dropped £400 on a Scorpio (X). Pick it up tomorrow. Woohoo
    Enjoy, good Sir.

I've had my Xbox One S for a year now and have thoroughly enjoyed it. It is true that MS have a problem with exclusives (unlike Sony, for example), but most of the games I play at cross-platform, so it doesn't bother me (but I did get to play Quantum Break, and as a huge fan of Remedy Games that made me a happy chappy ).

I hear the ultra HD graphics packages are quite hefty to download. I'd never be able to manage that out here in the sticks with our exceedingly slow speed (relatively speaking ... I still remember the days of Dial Up, so at least it's better than that! )

What games have you got for it? Right now I'm playing Fallout 4 (aye, a couple of years late to that one, hehe) and have been for a while now; it's definitely a time sink (I've crossed the 100 hour mark). There's various faults (samey missions of the 'go here & either kill everyone or get this item' variety, and certain 'keep the player busy' missions repeat in a really annoying way whereby I've been made to do the same friggin' clear up or whatever three or four ruddy times ... it's also bloody annoying when the 'mission giver' of potentially any given settlement ends up being the same person as you've made "provisioner" (so you can draw from pooled resources stored at Sanctuary Hills, your main base of operations) because you're then chasing them all over the bloody map to get a 'defend' quest and if you miss that you fail and have to repair stuff in a grumpy settlment ... since when did a "militia" consist of one person (the player)?!) ... but it's still a fully realised world with so much to explore (and shoot). The positives outweigh the irritations, although said irritations could have so easily been avoided.

Administrator

England
    Isn't the new XBox One X going to be getting VR?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    I'm still using 1080p technology (plasma and projector) with no intention to go ultra with hdr in the near future so I thought long and hard before buying a Scorpio. Problem is I work for John Lewis and the technology temptation is always there. I was starting to get annoyed with the slowdown in some of my games on the One so that finally pushed me over the edge.
    I'm playing Witcher 3 (nearing the end of my 2nd playthrough inc expansions) and Just Cause 3. The Division and Dying Light have just had free huge DLC released so I'm going to go back to those as well

MY HOME CINEMA