Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dead Rising Wii Edition

Twitching

Undisclosed

Dead Rising Wii Edition

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/890/890700p1.html

The in game shots have obviously been scaled back to work on the Wii console, for instance, the most obvious sacrifice is the shadows and no doubt high levels of detail and lighting, but god damn imagine playing this game with motion controls!
    I love the 360 version but find the controls a bit fiddly for instance when I go to slam a zombies head in the ground, I end up pushing it across a room or lifting it up, stuff like that may be easier to pull off with simple gestures on the remote.

United States
    Just give me Dead Rising 2, Capcom. Pleeease??

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Just give me Dead Rising 2, Capcom. Pleeease??
    Agree'd. I don't see how a Wii version of DR will be nearly as good.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Agree'd. I don't see how a Wii version of DR will be nearly as good.
    Again Mr Pizz it's the 'fun' aspect. The thought of playing DR on a Wiimote makes me juice up, as it happens. Look at what it did for Resident Evil 4's gameplay.

United States
    we should start a petition for a new capcom game... it must have the resident evil (original) mood and suspense, sheer number of zombies (and all the ways to dispose of them) from dead rising, the open-world gameplay of grand theft auto, and the addiction-power of herion.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Twitching

Undisclosed
    According to other news on this, the scans say it will be played over the shoulder RE4 style (Capcom did say it would be a new take) all thanks to both previous Wii Resident Evil games exceeding sales expectations.
    Capcom are working hard on making it as visually close to the 360 version as possible though the shots thus far show the textures have been cut down and the shadows reduced to make the high numbers of zombies possible, also the colombian coffee house seems to have lost it's windows.

The new content is going to be new guns and a new psychopath.

I reckon this is intended to be a companion game to the 360 Dead Rising.

Super Moderator

UK
    I bet a bunch of stupid soccer moms and media watch ninnies get all pissed off about it, cos the Wii isn't allowed to be adult at any times at all, so they'll probably think back to how Manhunt 2 never happened on the Wii and then just bring out the same banners and placards and replace the name.

I too, want a Dead Rising 2 on Xbox, with improved controls, and more freedom to explore ... and the ability to clear parts out completely and block and barricade areas off, and so on ... and set it in a whole town ... yeah.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Stupid Gamespot put up a news piece on Dead Rising Wii Edition being in Japan only - on the basis that they translated "NA/EU release TO BE DETERMINED' now they have everyone blabbing on it's not coming out here. That sites really gone down the crapper.

ViP

United States
    I will most likely get this for the Wii, but I was honestly bored with it when I borrowed my brother's xbox a few months back. I bet the Wii controls help out the fun factor a bit.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    I will most likely get this for the Wii, but I was honestly bored with it when I borrowed my brother's xbox a few months back. I bet the Wii controls help out the fun factor a bit.
    The 360 controls were a tad fiddly and on first play the game is a bit overwhelming, but there's some further news from 1up, both old and new gamers should get something out of this game.
    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168849

Administrator

England
    Just from what ive been reading on other forums, nothing official like, but the wii is really going to struggle with large numbers of zombies on screen at once apparently.

I Wonder how their going to get around that, becuase it would just plain suck if they reduced the number of Z's

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Just from what ive been reading on other forums, nothing official like, but the wii is really going to struggle with large numbers of zombies on screen at once apparently.

I Wonder how their going to get around that, becuase it would just plain suck if they reduced the number of Z's
    Looking at the Famitsu shots they seem to have cut out the shadows and the lighting effects, I reckon they should have just cut down the detail on the zombies a bit instead since they are practically gun fodder and there's no photography anymore.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    n shadows, lower textures res., no breakable windows ect. ect.

Administrator

England
    not to piss on anyone's fire here, but this wii version sounds ****