Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: silent hill 5 gameplay footage

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

silent hill 5 gameplay footage

Well its more than i was expecting, my thoughts?

1:its a nice suprise theyve taken the one thing i liked from that god aweful movie, the transition to the dark world via the walls crumbling into nothing adn revleaing all wire and mesh grating and the like behind it, jsut under the surface, and using the ingame engine as well, noooiyce!.
    2:...another hospital?, and they all a have a different layout, bad conitnuity vibe right there, least silent hill 12 and 4 were just set in old and new silent hill respectivley.
    3:it kinda of looks a little unorigional, another creepy little girl, more smashing nurses, whos costumes appear to be shrinking ,gross, with lead pipes and gorey darkness, it can only go so long.
    4: and given that the fogs not too deep for my liking, especially considering the stephen king novel the mist inspired silent hills creation whilst ill get it and it will no doubt rock a bakers dozen of cocks i really think its gonna be blown away by alan wake.

United States
    Graphics look awesome I must say. Its the same old stuff thats in every other twisted metal though. Its like if they kept all the other Resident Evils after 3 and kept them in Racoon City....same old stuff..

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    thats true but rmemeber 4 was actual set in the nieghbouring town of ashfeild so this is a return to the town.

United States
    wtf why did I saw twisted metal???

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    its a nice suprise theyve taken the one thing i liked from that god aweful movie, the transition to the dark world via the walls crumbling into nothing adn revleaing all wire and mesh grating and the like behind it, jsut under the surface, and using the ingame engine as well, noooiyce!.
    Yeah, I noticed that. Seems to work very well in-game too.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    beats just fading to black at a dodgy camera angle then switchin' if you have even a little know how about how games are contsurcted thats just straight up cheap.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Looks great. I can't wait to play this and get scared the way I did when I first played through Silent Hill 2. I've had Silent Hill 4 for years but can't get any further than like a half hour into the game-play because it's just boring and the damn ghosts are annoying.

Undisclosed
    Those are all interesting comments. Obviously I can't say too much, but as a fan of the game for ten years and now being on the other side, I can say based on what I've seen, it's going to go some very wild places.

pJ
    "See you in L.A., Marvin." - Jack Walsh

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i hope it has more in toluca lake and the woods and stuff, plus if it is set in the 70's itd be cool to see a young walter sullivan or something, i mean theyve allready got the cahracter model form 4.
    plus id like to see a reason why laura was in silent hill 2, other than her being another aspect of mary like maria there shouldnt have beena reason why she was in silent hill since it "only draws those with darkness in there hearts", so why was a little kid drawn there?, its been buggin' me.

capncnut
    And I would like to see more primitive weapons, stuff like machine guns have no place in Silent Hill. It's the investigative element of the game that I love the most.

id like to see a reason why laura was in silent hill 2, other than her being another aspect of mary like maria there shouldnt have beena reason why she was in silent hill since it "only draws those with darkness in there hearts", so why was a little kid drawn there?, its been buggin' me.
    Well, the fact that Laura was semi-adopted by Mary, only to have her die as well would be more than enough to fill up a child's heart with darkness. Besides, Laura wasn't innocent by any means, especially when she tried to trap james in the hospital.

James: "Hey, lemme out you little brat!"
    Laura: "Shut up, fart-face!"
    Last edited by capncnut; 14-Sep-2007 at 10:17 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah but compared to the others who were murderers, or in eddies case just mentally unstable being a brat's not exactly "a heart od darkness" is it?

i mean you had:

James sunderland: Couldnt cope with creing for his terminally ill wife and her degenerative disease so he soffocated her witha pillow and (i think) put her body in the boot adn drove off to there "specail place" and thats when it gets wierd.

Angela: (i think taht was her name, its been a while) was pysichally abused by her father when she was younger and then snapped and killed him.

Eddie: constantly the butt of jokes he snapped and shot a dog , though i think he may have killed someone as well, he certainly goes nuts by the end.

Maria: created by james' subconious to represent a part of mary he didnt see at teh end, outgoing ,confident ect.

and to balance that he created pyramid head to repeatedly kill her till it hammered home the message that he blacked out killing mary and then when he has no need for maria or pyramid head anymroe confronts his inner fears.

So then theres laura, whos cahracter model even has a head shaped a lot like mary and marias character models, had a connection to mary but knew here supposedly after she had died. and got through the town without noticing any monsters, cus as shown by vincent in silent hill 3 ,not everyone sees silent hill as a town full of monsters, so what exatcly was laura?

capncnut
    So then theres laura, whos cahracter model even has a head shaped a lot like mary and marias character models, had a connection to mary but knew here supposedly after she had died. and got through the town without noticing any monsters, cus as shown by vincent in silent hill 3 ,not everyone sees silent hill as a town full of monsters, so what exatcly was laura?
    Maybe James got Mary up the duff, and Laura is his subconcious' way of telling him that he may have killed his own kid. I know it's not said in the game but hey, it's a theory.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    heh, thats perfectly sane compared to some of the theorys you hear on the silent hill forum lemme tell ya'.

Undisclosed
    "stuff like machine guns have no place in Silent Hill. "

What about the Uzi they put in SH3?

pJ
    "See you in L.A., Marvin." - Jack Walsh

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    i must admit, although I'm not a big fan of silent hill, that footage looked pretty nice