Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When a picture of you is taken by someone can you control where it ends up?

United States

When a picture of you is taken by someone can you control where it ends up?

With the growing number of tricks cell phones can do including take photos and tape a video its likely people are out there taking pictures and video of people who aren't them or their friends. With that in mind there's still girls who behave poorly, take off their clothes, simulate sex, behave like cavewomen (hehe) and of course anyone who enjoys the theater of the living is going to take a picture/video. Do those girls then get to say take me off that website? Erase those pictures?

Darth maybe you have some legal info on this?

Personally if I was on a jury I wouldn't award a persons bad behavior and hindsight with a settlement of any kind I wouldn't even have someone remove uncomely videos and pics from their website. I think if you do something people should be able to look at it and either look down on you or put you on a pedestal but you dont get the right to say oops wait I didn't mean to do that...

slightly related article http://news.aol.com/entertainment/mu...18142109990001
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Chasing Prey

Canada
    its public domain. u do somethin in public or pose for a picture on someone elses property (phone) thats it.

United States
    amen man...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    With the growing number of tricks cell phones can do including take photos and tape a video its likely people are out there taking pictures and video of people who aren't them or their friends. With that in mind there's still girls who behave poorly, take off their clothes, simulate sex, behave like cavewomen (hehe) and of course anyone who enjoys the theater of the living is going to take a picture/video. Do those girls then get to say take me off that website? Erase those pictures?

Darth maybe you have some legal info on this?

Personally if I was on a jury I wouldn't award a persons bad behavior and hindsight with a settlement of any kind I wouldn't even have someone remove uncomely videos and pics from their website. I think if you do something people should be able to look at it and either look down on you or put you on a pedestal but you dont get the right to say oops wait I didn't mean to do that...

slightly related article http://news.aol.com/entertainment/mu...18142109990001

While my area of expertise is in Constitutional law, I can however tell you what I do know. Ace is right i the fact that they are indeed your pics and that's only if they are not illegaly taken (of a woman in a bathroom stall for instance) or intended for public use. However, Any images taken, whether in public or private, whether the person who's image is being taken is fully aware of what's happening or not must have the consent of said person before being posted in a public media forum. I'll give you 2 examples:

1) You ever see those girls gone wild videos? ( i have, but i can assure you that it was purely academic in nature). Although these women are fully aware that they are being recorded they must first sign a release before the people who wish to do so can use them.

2) You ever see on the news those expose's on obesity in america? You ever notice how they have all this stock fotage of fat bodies but never show the fat people's heads and faces? Ever wonder why? Because they can be sued. More than likely these people didn't want to be recognized as the freakshows that they are and would never consent to such a thing.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    and thats why weve got release forms.

a couple printed up ones got me outta some trouble once just for filming on the path in front of some guys house as to characters walk past it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yep that's why we have them. Let me ask you. Have you ever filmed someone and wanted to use the footage in one of your projects but they were just totally not going to let you? i would think that most people would love to appear on film. I look at you tube and other sites and it seems as if the majority of people have no qualms about it.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    oh yes i was filming in town for one bit for a film i did way back proper 14 year old amatuer stuff, but it was fun and gave me a lot of experience and its a shot of me and a guy who i aint seen in about 4 years now walking down a road towards the camera (kinda like the shot in the first ep of spaced when tim and diasy are going to get some fake photos, yeah 14 year olds love plagarism ).

anyway were walkiong along and we pass one of those big groupings of about 2 dozen phone booths you get in city centers and in shot this guy is screaming obscenitys, needless to say you could easily discern he was being dumped down the phone and this was a friggin skin head bloke with an eagle tattooed over his skull.
    and hes going into a **** fit, banging the walls of the little booth roaring like a wild boar or somethign and slams the phone down ,comes out and walks ina really angry circle like cahsv do when there pissed (or tim roth in his first movie when he was a skin head) and then sees the camera makes a beeline for us and goes insane for abbout 15 minutes, we even rewound the film and filmined over it but that wasnt good enough he demanded " a few 'undrud quid" for his trouble till a cop came over and told him to get his drunken ass out of there.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    oh yes i was filming in town for one bit for a film i did way back proper 14 year old amatuer stuff, but it was fun and gave me a lot of experience and its a shot of me and a guy who i aint seen in about 4 years now walking down a road towards the camera (kinda like the shot in the first ep of spaced when tim and diasy are going to get some fake photos, yeah 14 year olds love plagarism ).

anyway were walkiong along and we pass one of those big groupings of about 2 dozen phone booths you get in city centers and in shot this guy is screaming obscenitys, needless to say you could easily discern he was being dumped down the phone and this was a friggin skin head bloke with an eagle tattooed over his skull.
    and hes going into a **** fit, banging the walls of the little booth roaring like a wild boar or somethign and slams the phone down ,comes out and walks ina really angry circle like cahsv do when there pissed (or tim roth in his first movie when he was a skin head) and then sees the camera makes a beeline for us and goes insane for abbout 15 minutes, we even rewound the film and filmined over it but that wasnt good enough he demanded " a few 'undrud quid" for his trouble till a cop came over and told him to get his drunken ass out of there.
    Damn, too bad you filmed over it, that sounds hillarious.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post

If they would have took their billy clubs to him and you got it on film, you'd be famous dude.

United States
    well now this is interesting...

http://hollabacknyc.blogspot.com/

wish we had that here!

my bad they do have one for chastown yay
    Last edited by MissJacksonCA; 28-Jun-2007 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    well now this is interesting...

http://hollabacknyc.blogspot.com/

wish we had that here!

my bad they do have one for chastown yay
    Wow, i feel so icky after reading some of those posts. I think i'll go take a shower.

United States
    I realy like the Penn State video discussing sexual harassment though to like actually see mens perspective and a womans perspective on it... though I feel compelled to think when a mans asked a question like that by a woman its like when he's being asked by a woman he wants to sleep with how many people have you had sex with... he may be lying... y'know?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I realy like the Penn State video discussing sexual harassment though to like actually see mens perspective and a womans perspective on it... though I feel compelled to think when a mans asked a question like that by a woman its like when he's being asked by a woman he wants to sleep with how many people have you had sex with... he may be lying... y'know?

Damn i just pretty much gave you a response to this question in another thread. lol Men are definitely less likely to admit to rape, sexual harrassment or anything of that nature because it's emasculating. it doesn't conform to society's idea of what a man should be.

United States
    I have been sexually harassed. I used to work with a girl who would constantly sit on my lap, come up behind me and start rubbing my neck, she grabbed my ass on many occasions, came up close to me and pressed against me saying "We could have sex standing up, your the perfect height" and so on. It never bothered me, sure it was inappropriate, but it never did bother me, maybe if I wasn't single at the time it would have.

As for that shout out page, I want to punch those guys, they make all of us guys look bad.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

United States
    I did work with a gay man who sexually harassed my friend Trey... he literally grabbed him by the johnson all the time thinking it was some kind of joke... and every time Trey responded the same way... get the **** offa me you (gay slur) ... when he complained to the managers they did nothing... fortunately the dude went psychotic and quit