Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what sports do you play?

Canada

what sports do you play?

i was wondering how many of you play sports and what you play.
    myself i play hockey (goalie), baseball (pitch and backcatch) golf, some basketball, a little football, and just about anything eles peaple want to play. out of all those sports i only play two of them competivly.
    when i was younger i was never really into sports it wasnt untill my late teens and earley 20's that i picked them up and i'm lucky i caught on quick so i could compeat, makes me wish i did play when i was young ,might have been able to get payed for it.
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog View Post
    i was wondering how many of you play sports and what you play.
    myself i play hockey (goalie), baseball (pitch and backcatch) golf, some basketball, a little football, and just about anything eles peaple want to play. out of all those sports i only play two of them competivly.
    when i was younger i was never really into sports it wasnt untill my late teens and earley 20's that i picked them up and i'm lucky i caught on quick so i could compeat, makes me wish i did play when i was young ,might have been able to get payed for it.

When i was younger i did everything living in the inner city allowed me to do. I played handball, football, baseball and basketball. For the last 10 years i've been a big tennis nut and get out to play about 3 times a week, weather permitting.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    always wanted to try tennis just never really had the chance.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog View Post
    always wanted to try tennis just never really had the chance.
    It takes alot of time and practice. I actually taught myself and i'm not half bad. Can't serve worth a damn though. As long as you have solid groundstrokes you should be fine though. Consistent strokes are they key.(get your mind out the gutter) lol
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    It takes alot of time and practice. I actually taught myself and i'm not half bad. Can't serve worth a damn though. As long as you have solid groundstrokes you should be fine though. Consistent strokes are they key.(get your mind out the gutter) lol
    thats the thing i'm busey with so many other things it would be hard to commit to tennis in order to get descent or at least not embarass myself.

Canada
    i used to lift weights...i considered that a sport..

until i dislocated my shoulder twice in the span of 3 or 4 months...

United States
    Used to do martial arts pretty heavily and ran for years until I blew a foot tendon out.

Now I rock climb and work on blowing my elbows out.
    A penny for the old guy.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Alot of baseball when I was younger. Not so much now.

In my teenage years I did alot of skateboarding until I had to have three operations on my elbow. Now the only physical thing I do is occasionally play basketball in the driveway with some buddies.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i may not be good at either of them but ****ing love to play basket ball or baseball.

not bas-kketball however.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    i used to lift weights...i considered that a sport..

until i dislocated my shoulder twice in the span of 3 or 4 months...
    I would definitely consider wieghtlifting a sport. I used to do it 5 times a week so i know how demanding it is. I'd have to agree with the people that posted that as you get older you get hurt and therefore can do less sporting activity. I hurt my knee a couple of years back and thing have never been the same. It's always a concern.

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I would definitely consider wieghtlifting a sport. I used to do it 5 times a week so i know how demanding it is. I'd have to agree with the people that posted that as you get older you get hurt and therefore can do less sporting activity. I hurt my knee a couple of years back and thing have never been the same. It's always a concern.
    i to hurt my knee a feww years ago when i poped my kneecap off, it still bothers me but i try to be just as active as before it happened and play through the pain.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i understand that to a degree, a while back whilst filming i fell and the middle of my lower leg smacked down on an iron bar and then i fell the extra 3 feet to the ground (it was an old quarry) never got it checke dout but limped for weeks and it still hurts when its cold or raining so a freind of mine whos training to be a doctor said it could have been a hairline fracture, it just sucks how one bad footing can cause something that whilst not debliitating will be there to annoy you whenever it rais for the rest of your days.

United States
    Madden 07

Undisclosed
    Inline Hockey

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i understand that to a degree, a while back whilst filming i fell and the middle of my lower leg smacked down on an iron bar and then i fell the extra 3 feet to the ground (it was an old quarry) never got it checke dout but limped for weeks and it still hurts when its cold or raining so a freind of mine whos training to be a doctor said it could have been a hairline fracture, it just sucks how one bad footing can cause something that whilst not debliitating will be there to annoy you whenever it rais for the rest of your days.
    Yeah, that's probably the result of a fracture or something that didn't heal properly. Always get stuff like that checked out.