Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Discuss the Diary DVD (so who got their copy today?)

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

Discuss the Diary DVD (so who got their copy today?)

sound off if you did.

EDIT: as people get hold of their copies, feel free to post opinions, gripes, etc. about the disc and special features to this thread. now i realize i should've titled this thread something like "discuss the diary DVD."
    Last edited by Mike70; 20-May-2008 at 02:46 PM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I plan on picking mine up during lunch and checking it out after work. Still hoping the special features are worthy....

Banned User

Undisclosed
    I got my copy this morning.I just got done watching it,and I love it.The special features were very good.I hope they make diary 2.

ViP

United States
    I edited the title for you.

I went to Best Buy with the intention of getting Diary and the new Night disc until I noticed the steep price tag and promptly exited the store.

I refuse to pay $17.99 (or $15.99 in the case of Night) for a new DVD on release day. The only way I know how to battle rediculous prices is to refuse to pay them.

I will get this DVD(s) eventually, but not until the price becomes reasonable or someone offers them up for trade, which shouldn't be long in the case of Diary, since the opinions are so mixed on that one.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I got it, went to CC it was $14.99
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

United States
    Graaaaargh! Foiled in my on-the-way-home attempt to pick it up. Will try again tomorrow.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Got mine as soon as I got off work last night. Probably won't get a chance to watch it 'till this weekend, however.

Tibet
    Well...lets just say I'm not mad at the old lady for making me go to Walmart this afternoon!!!!!

I too will probably not get a chance to watch until this weekend.

ViP

United States
    I just found a two pack at K-Mart of Diary and Night for 24.99, by far the best price I've seen. It is a K-Mart exclusive so head on over there ASAP if you haven't got a copy yet.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed

re:

I very much want to run out and buy it today, but I know the Weinstein's will make the jump to Blu-Ray within the next six months, so I'm gonna wait (same reason I did't buy THE MIST). Same for the new NIGHT DVD -- the 1080p master doesn't mean anything in a standard def DVD transfer.

Just been bitten

United States

Unhappy

I ordered mine from Amazon thinking it might arrive sooner, but it's not due to arrive until Thursday. If it hadn't already been shipped I'd just cancel it and pop over to Borders.
    God is Santa Claus for adults

United States
    bought mine yesterday and already gave it a watch. I enjoyed it more this time around after giving it 3 months to digest from seeing it in the theater.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm glad it got a pretty decent treatment in the special features department. It's alot better than the Land dvd, anyway.

It's nice to have that full making of documentary...

Undisclosed
    Well you knew this was coming...

Spoiler alert!

I was a little disappointed with the film. The DVD itself looked great the extras...hmmmm. I just thought it could have been better, the story that is. I will re-watch to make sure but I thought some of the lines (dialog) were out of the ordinary for people under pressure or in extreme stress. The idea the one girl had not changed out of here costume until almost the end, had me baffled. A corset??? The peoples marksmanship was incredible...do you ever wonder why it takes cops 26 shots to hit a guy 3 times...stress. Although there were some great moments. I like the hospital...although I think it would have been better to actually explore the hospital more. I think I would have killed the kid with the camera right off the bat! The black panther group? was cool...except the part where the leader tells the girl, your a lot like me...blah!

I think it was better than Land but it was not as good as day or dawn...This is my opinion...I think it was a lot more mainstream than the other movies...except for Land. I think my wife could actually watch it where as with Dawn or Day she would not. With all the possibilities out there the direct it took seemed a bit limited...alot of time spent trying to develop characters but I felt that time was wasted since the characters changed throughout the movie. This changed or development was wonderful but a little less time could have been spent then on introducing them. Thats all I gotta say about than.

Lord Howe Island
    I picked mine up at Best Buy yesterday-- I got the $19.99 version that came with the book "The Zen of Zombie"-- Pretty cool..

Anyway, all in all I loved the movie-- a few wierd continuity errors-- (no one seemed dirty or greasy after 3 days of traveling and fighting zombies..), but I really liked it MORE than Land-- seemed better to take the full feature length to concentrate on one story and just a few people....

I hope we get a "Diary 2" or "Dusk of the Dead" or something else tight like this one was--

I give it a A or an A- ( I gave Land more of a B to B-)

Dawn--A+
    Day--A to A+
    Night--A

Just my humble opinions though..
    War to the knife...the knife to the hilt.
    The end is f*cking nigh!!!