Thread: Worst movie EVER

United States

Worst movie EVER

Hostel II

What a horrible movie. I was the only one in the theater watching this sh it sandwich, and I now have a really foul taste in my mouth.

No real plot. No believeable characters. Poor script. Bor-ing.

Eli Roth should be forced to star in Hostel III... for REAL.

I want my $6 back!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    That's what I said when I watched Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwrtr View Post
    Hostel II

What a horrible movie. I was the only one in the theater watching this sh it sandwich, and I now have a really foul taste in my mouth.

No real plot. No believeable characters. Poor script. Bor-ing.

Eli Roth should be forced to star in Hostel III... for REAL.

I want my $6 back!

That's what i said when i watched land.

Anyway. I guess this confirms what we already suspected. If possible please give us some details without spoilers to ruin it for the people who still want to see it.

Super Moderator

Germany
    Thread moved.

United States

Details on the movie...

Okay, you asked for it.

The basic premise is the same as the first. 3 College girls on a trip decide to detour to lovely dark European town where they can relax and shake off the difficulties of being... well, women in college. They are encouraged by a mysterious woman who appears to have their best interests at heart. Once in the Hostel (same one as in the first) their passports are quickly scanned and entered into a bidding war to see who will get the opportunity to murder them first.

The movie takes a while to get rolling, and once it does, it still feels like it's missing something. Nothing really new here. Torture and bloodshed, maiming and killing. There's no reason for it, just ridiculous posturing for the camera, I'm sure.

I'm sure this movie is doing wonders for Slovakia, the fictional town where the Hostel is located. Likewise for the backwards yokels who seem to live unaware amidst such debauchery.

Shame on Eli Roth. Shaaame....

Best part of the movie? Had to be the castration scene. Could be because this has always been a sensitive issue for me. Hmmm... you may be wondering, "Castration? How's that possible when the lead token victims are female?" ... By the end, you'll be glad that the movie is almost over and looking for the exit to get your refund.

blech.

Canada
    got any links to uhh..pics..for...research purposes...yea....thats it...

Super Moderator

UK
    Here's my review in another thread:

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...0975#post90975

Spoilers are sectioned off.

Dying

walking down the ho chi minh trail,vietnam.
    Undisclosed
    i personally think the deer hunter was absolute kakka, i just could'nt make head no tail of it. and it was boring. some of you will prolly disagree with me.
    hold it flyboy! dont go into the stairway,dont open that door baby you'll lead them right up with you!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    i personally think the deer hunter was absolute kakka, i just could'nt make head no tail of it. and it was boring. some of you will prolly disagree with me.
    I definitely have to disagree with you there. "The Deer Hunter" is a top notch film, in my opinion.

But about Eli Roth/Hostel II......I've known this guy was a hack ever since he first surfaced. While everyone was drooling over the first "Hostel"(which was extremely boring to me) I knew all along that this guy had nothing up his sleeve in regards to filmmaking. My 3 year old nephew could make a better film.

The only slight bit of respect that I give to Roth is for his "Thanksgiving" trailer in "Grindhouse". Other than that.....he can keep sucking on Tarantino's tit and I'll probably never see anymore of his films.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I definitely have to disagree with you there. "The Deer Hunter" is a top notch film, in my opinion.

But about Eli Roth/Hostel II......I've known this guy was a hack ever since he first surfaced... My 3 year old nephew could make a better film.

The only slight bit of respect that I give to Roth is for his "Thanksgiving" trailer in "Grindhouse". Other than that.....he can keep sucking on Tarantino's tit and I'll probably never see anymore of his films.
    I couldn't agree more. Hostel was one of the worst films i have ever seen. Along with Return Of The Living Dead 2.
    And belive me i have seen a LOT of crappy films.

"Loo loo loo I got some apples, Loo loo loo you got some too"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwrtr View Post
    Okay, you asked for it.

The basic premise is the same as the first. 3 College girls on a trip decide to detour to lovely dark European town where they can relax and shake off the difficulties of being... well, women in college. They are encouraged by a mysterious woman who appears to have their best interests at heart. Once in the Hostel (same one as in the first) their passports are quickly scanned and entered into a bidding war to see who will get the opportunity to murder them first.

The movie takes a while to get rolling, and once it does, it still feels like it's missing something. Nothing really new here. Torture and bloodshed, maiming and killing. There's no reason for it, just ridiculous posturing for the camera, I'm sure.

I'm sure this movie is doing wonders for Slovakia, the fictional town where the Hostel is located. Likewise for the backwards yokels who seem to live unaware amidst such debauchery.

Shame on Eli Roth. Shaaame....

Best part of the movie? Had to be the castration scene. Could be because this has always been a sensitive issue for me. Hmmm... you may be wondering, "Castration? How's that possible when the lead token victims are female?" ... By the end, you'll be glad that the movie is almost over and looking for the exit to get your refund.

blech.
    It sounds alot like the texas chainsaw masacre: the beggining. It tried to do everything the first one did only failed miserably. Also nothing really new there either.

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    That's what I said when I watched Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back.
    Me too.

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MontagMOI View Post
    I couldn't agree more. Hostel was one of the worst films i have ever seen. Along with Return Of The Living Dead 2.
    And belive me i have seen a LOT of crappy films.

"Loo loo loo I got some apples, Loo loo loo you got some too"
    i agree hostel blows bag, besides the boobs it had nothing.
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

United States

Deer hunter poo poo...

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    Not understanding the characters , relating to their experiences even in a small way . That can make or disassemble a movie for the viewer.

I related to those characters when I was 14 ...then again, my dad wasnt the same after he came back the second time.
    "Goodbye , I am gone."