Page 92 of 173 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2589

Thread: Rate the last movie you've seen

United States
    Knightriders (1981) 7/10
    Sort of George Romero's cross between King Arthur and Easy Rider. Strange and little hard to follow at times, and maybe a little longer than it needed to be, but decent. The motorcycle action was good. Neat to see all of the different actors from Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Martin etc in one movie. It even had a cameo of Stephen King and his wife. Worth mentioning, Patricia Tallman was HOT in this movie. I saw it on Youtube. I liked it enough I am probably going to pick up a copy.

There's Always Vanilla (1971) 5/10
    George Romero's second and almost unknown film, which was made right after NOTLD. His attempt at a romance movie. Only hardcore Romero fans should bother seeing it. Even he admitted in interviews that it was a mess and probably his worst movie. Although, I thought Season of the Witch was pretty horrible, maybe worse. The most enjoyable thing about it was picking out all the people involved in NOTLD and seeing some of the scenes of Pittsburgh. That and the main female character, Judith Ridley (Streiner) who also played Judy in NOTLD, was fairly easy on the eyes. Also currently on Youtube.
    Last edited by beat_truck; 07-Nov-2017 at 11:42 PM. Reason: forgot something

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by beat_truck View Post
    Knightriders (1981) 7/10
    Sort of George Romero's cross between King Arthur and Easy Rider. Strange and little hard to follow at times, and maybe a little longer than it needed to be, but decent. The motorcycle action was good. Neat to see all of the different actors from Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Martin etc in one movie. It even had a cameo of Stephen King and his wife.

Who was in Creepshow, and so was Ed Harris.

Super Moderator

UK
    Parkland - 8.5/10
    An ensemble cast details the events of 11/22/63 and the couple of days that followed. The opening act - detailing the assassination of JFK (which is handled quite subtly and focused on Zapruder) and the immediate aftermath trying to save JFK's life, the swearing-in of LBJ, and getting the coffin on board the plane - is utterly intense, and in some ways quite harrowing (Jacqueline Kennedy cupping skull fragments and brain matter, kissing goodbye to her just-deceased husband). The film is slickly put-together and moves with a swift pace as it examines the tearing open of a historic wound that has never quite healed in America's psyche.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 08-Nov-2017 at 10:13 AM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't think I've seen Knightriders.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I don't think I've seen Knightriders.
    *slap*

Sort it out, sharpish.

It is fair to say, as beat_truck did, that it's probably a bit overlong (something like two and a half hours IIRC), and it takes on a somewhat ethereal tone - but it's a must-see for Romero fans. Indeed, it's probably his most personal movie. It pretty much sums up his entire opinion of Hollywood vs Indie Film, features an entire roster of familiar names and faces from the Romero world from the Pittsburgh heyday both in front and behind the camera. I've only seen it once at this point, but I must watch it again. It's quite an interesting flick, a little gem that's lesser-known.

United States
    I don't know that I've seen Creepshow. I MAY have caught it on TV 15+ years ago, but I remember little, if anything about it. I'll have to change that.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I don't know that I've seen Creepshow. I MAY have caught it on TV 15+ years ago, but I remember little, if anything about it. I'll have to change that.
    It's a great film.

Rising

United States
    Should watch/re-watch it immediately. Great horror anthology film. Also, while you are at it, watch Creepshow 2. Not directed by Romero this time, but he wrote the script (based on Stephen King stories.) Another solid horror anthology.

United States
    The Crazies (2009 remake) 7/10
    Not bad overall. I expected a lot worse, being a remake. I still prefer the original, though.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    The Crazies (2009 remake) 7/10
    Not bad overall. I expected a lot worse, being a remake. I still prefer the original, though.
    I actually really like the original. But as I understand it, not many "non-Romero" fans do.

UK

2/10 , i usually enjoy bad films but this was too bad, little wooden puppets that look like indians killing people, terrible film

- - - Updated - - -

6/10
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

Super Moderator

UK
    The Trust
    A crime caper starring Nicolas Cage and Elijah Wood. A brisk and quirky tale of two police officers working in the evidence division, who hatch a plan to steal whatever is inside a secret vault that nobody knows about. Worth checking out.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Not a movie really, but Marvel/Netflix's The Punisher. He was introduced with pretty great results in the second season of Daredevil, but his solo series just goes above and beyond. Daredevil has by far been their best series thus far, but Punisher is now easily the reigning champ of their shows. A really well executed action/thriller/character driven series.

Truthfully, it's probably the best action "movie" in recent memory. Probably the best of any Marvel efforts, TV or film. I always knew they could do more in the gore department on Netflix, the character calls for it too, but they went all out. Severed heads, nasty head shots, bodies exploding into an eruption​ of flesh/blood, deep knife stabs/slashes, everything. You name it, they have it. Very surprising for Marvel's usual routine.

Bernthal is also a much better actor than when we first saw him in TWD. Of course he's been improving in many films since then, but it really hit me in this show he virtually caries alone just how far he's come from Shane. No more "go on", popping squats, and nervous head rubs, even!

Definitely recommend it.

Rising

United States
    The Autopsy of Jane Doe - 2016:

Pretty cool film, creepy & gory. Find out what happens when you try to perform an autopsy on...

a witch! One thing was not clear to me, though: why did she kill the cat? Witches are supposed to love cats.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 23-Nov-2017 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie9 View Post

2/10 , i usually enjoy bad films but this was too bad, little wooden puppets that look like indians killing people, terrible film

- - - Updated - - -

6/10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe3_qO2LyDo
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan