Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Opinion change about Land as it gets older ?

Canada

Any Opinion change about Land as it gets older ?

It going to be a year old pretty soon and just wondering if anyone had changed there opinon of the movie ? I agree it not the best in the series, but as time goes on it isnt the lemon as i first thought upon watching it in the theatre. there are some Valid points made in the movie about society and tyranny .

Super Moderator

UK
    Erm ... it's already over a year old...

As for me, I still love the movie.

United States
    Yea, I noticed that too... When I first saw it at my friends house I hated it... But since then I've grown to like it more and more.

George really did what he could given the studio limitations.

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Maitreya View Post
    Yea, I noticed that too... When I first saw it at my friends house I hated it... But since then I've grown to like it more and more.

George really did what he could given the studio limitations.

Still hate it, I haven't even tried watching it in a while. When i do O get bored of it after 20 minutes in because BIG DADDY is just so fecking annoying.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    yeah i HATED it in the theater. the directors cut is way better. i like it now but big daddy still irks me! but yeah it grows on you. like they say day did at first. i was only like 2 when day came out soo..

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Its alright, but it is pretty bad compared to the other 3. I dont understand why George is trying intentionally to be so political and to shove as much of it down our throats as he can. And turning the zombies into some kind of antihero was absurd. I think i GAR's old age he is letting all the BS about social satire get to him and he tried to build a movie around that which of course isnt what he used to do, even though people pretend he did.

In my opinion, the only saving grace was Asia Argentos clevage and Greg Nicateros incredible effects.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Still good. A few things that should have been changed. Eugene Clark for one.....Romero should've gotten someone that can actually act like a zombie.
    A few things here and there.....the studio influence....blah blah. Basically the same things that most others would change.

Still a damn good film, though.

United States
    I'm still quite fond of it.
    As with all movies I will eventually start picking apart a movie pointing out what I believe should have been different.
    Eugene Clark is my biggest complaint to date.
    The lack of a shot being fired by the security guard after Cholo kills the old man Zombie in the Fiddler's Green apartment; The son was bitten and would have turned....I wanted to hear a single shot as Cholo was entering Kaufman's lair. Would have made that scene a little more realistic and given closure to said added scene (this is a tiny complaint, but a complaint, nonetheless.)
    #9 should have been naked. jk
    The added gore scenes in the Directors Cut I was quite pleased with!!!
    oh, Asia should have been naked, too.

Bah, seriously, I just watched it again about a week ago and still enjoyed it!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome View Post
    I'm still quite fond of it.
    As with all movies I will eventually start picking apart a movie pointing out what I believe should have been different.
    Eugene Clark is my biggest complaint to date.
    The lack of a shot being fired by the security guard after Cholo kills the old man Zombie in the Fiddler's Green apartment; The son was bitten and would have turned....I wanted to hear a single shot as Cholo was entering Kaufman's lair. Would have made that scene a little more realistic and given closure to said added scene (this is a tiny complaint, but a complaint, nonetheless.)
    #9 should have been naked. jk
    The added gore scenes in the Directors Cut I was quite pleased with!!!
    oh, Asia should have been naked, too.

Bah, seriously, I just watched it again about a week ago and still enjoyed it!
    That's a good point about the gunshot. I never thought of that. Perhaps the sound of the shot is absent because that scene wasn't in the theatrical release? Therefore, they never added the sound to the scene in Kaufman's Apartment?

Nice observation, though.....

hrmmm....or maybe the security guard beat the son's head in with something like Cholo did?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post

hrmmm....or maybe the security guard beat the son's head in with something like Cholo did?
    That's what I keep telling myself...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Still hate it, I haven't even tried watching it in a while. When i do O get bored of it after 20 minutes in because BIG DADDY is just so fecking annoying.
    Hey man, he just wanted to pump some gas...

You be angry and scream all the time if you were dead and couldn't pump gas anymore and people got scared of you anytime they saw you too!

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    I LOVE THE MOVIE!! i watched it 12-13 times and i think its great.i donīīt like some daddy parts but i love certain daddy behaviours.my complaints:
    -the movie needs more time
    -**** cgi blood

United States
    I dunno, i've watched Land a few times since I saw it in the theatre, and in all honesty I still can't get into the movie. I think the zombies were kick ass (minus big daddy) and the effects were great, but other than that the film lacked everything a good Romero film needs, mainly character development. That is my biggest beef with the movie. I never "cared" about anyone in the flick.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Romero should Alan Smithee his name on LAND. I mean it really doesn't belong in his universe. I know he wrote and directed it, but that didn't feel like a Romero film.

Just call it LOTD directed by Alan Smithee.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    i watched it with a friend who never saw it before recently, and she said it looked like an HBO original movie. i thought that was harsh but understandable. what you guys think of that?