Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Were you dissapointed in RE the movie?

United States

Question Were you dissapointed in RE the movie?

Its on sci fi right now and I was just thinking how it has NOTHING to do with RE 1-3 games. the zombies are the only link to it being called resident evil. holly wood trash it be.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    the first one was trash, the final bad guy was a freakin' licker, nuff said, the second one ive grown to really enjoy, from a b movie stand point, i mean the films basically one long zombie/ mutant hunting scene, no romance or trashy crap just nonesop action, adn thats what resident evils all about, a great rainy day film , at least.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I was totally disapointed with both. I was at least able to shut my brain down and watch the first one, but he second was absolute crap. Horrible excuse for a film.

It can all be summed up by one name: Pauk W.S. Anderson.

capncnut
    Resident Evil - 1 out of 10 (gets a 1 for the laser trap sequence)
    Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse - 2 out of 10 (gets a 2 for the effort of keeping it in the videogame)

In other words, both films stink!
    Last edited by capncnut; 02-May-2007 at 05:15 PM.

ViP

United States
    I like the first. I look at it as a side-story prequel to the games universe. The second film tried to incorporate the game storyline, and it did so cheezily. I still had fun with it though.

Part 1 - 7 out of 10
    Part 2 - 6.5 out of 10

Undisclosed
    2 was better than 1 because of one thing JILL VALENTINE ( mini skirt, boots and guns , what a combination..)

United States

i was just watching this last night...

yeah, i saw the first one in the theaters, and was pretty pissed. they could've done a much better job of keeping it at least somewhat like the game...which is still the best survival horror game of all time.

the second one was a little better, but that's not saying much. it came off as way too campy and predictable. no real surprises throughout the entire film.

both were a let-down, and i'll probably end up seeing part 3 once it hits dvd, but it'll probably be a waste of time...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't like either. I think they both suck, should do a better job at involving the games, and are geared toward the MTV-generation teeny boppers.

Undisclosed
    The movies sucked big old donkey balls, Im a big fan of the games and it was through the RE games that I found romero. I was desperate to see the first movie and was there on the first night it was shown in my local town, I pre booked and everything.

The film was appaling and yep the laser scene does get a nod but there are so many ways they could have gone and done it so better if only following a basic plot from one of the games. My heart gave a flicker when she ripped open one of her draws to find it lined with machineguns in a case but did she try and use them? Nah..

The zombies werent scary or threatening in anyway. They were playing to the stupid blood covered zombie, the movies raped the zombie like america raped the ring.

Ive seen the second film a couple of times just because it was on and I thought Id give it a shot. Nemesis fighting alice? What ze hell? If anyone has played the nemesis game you will know he is a scary hentai making foo`. In that movie I was surprised the black guy didnt try and pimp slap the crazy biotch.

Re1-1.4/10
    Re2-0.8/ 10
    Why arent you laughing?

Undisclosed

Cool ?

I think this was one of those films to where the sequel was better than the original!

The 3rd one looks a little promising but not by much!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    The Resident Evil films suuuuucked big time. The zombies? They were pale, hissing and drooling. How is that scary? Never ever did you see any of them sink their teeth into anyone, they would just drag them into a large crowd and they would disappear.

Why are we supposed to fear these hissing goths again?

Super Moderator

United States
    I thought the first one was great, but I had it written off to begin with and had the pleasant afterglow of being nicely surprised when I left the theatre. There was some cheap, quick-cut editing action that will make you jump and I didn't mind that. I thought the zombies were fine and I liked the action and overall feel, considering it was a movie based on a video game. I thought it was good, light zombie fun and better than most B zombie movies I have seen.

As far as the 1st movie not following RE cannon...well, I could care less. I had it written off because it was an RE movie to begin with. As far as the sequel is concerned, it wasn't even worth my time to finish the movie. I literally could not sit through it.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    did anyone else get really farking tired of michelle rodriguez's character?

after like four lines of dialogue, i was hoping she'd get her throat ripped out and we'd get to watch her suffer an agonizing slow death....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I cheered when they killed off her character in Lost.

United States
    so we argee to put it on the shame list of zombie films