Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deadlands 3 and 20th Century Fox - Please read

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Deadlands 3 and 20th Century Fox - Please read

Hey Guys,

as you know from my updates 20th Century Fox is considering joining in on making Deadlands 3, but they are also considering a reboot which would take the characters from the third story and start it all over beginning with a remake of Deadlands: The Rising. Which works for me either way. I have a humble request.

If you support my films, and you want to see a big budget version of the film done would you please email 20th Century Fox and show your support.

Please use either email address: foxcinema@fox.com; foxmovies@fox.com;

In the subject line put:

ATTN: David Bixler - Deadlands III: The New World or Deadlands Zombie Franchise

And sincerely send a quick note in support of the project.

Now if you do not support me or the project you don't have to do anything or if you wanna see if I fuck it up support me an email then then you can have your told you so moment.

However, I do ask if you truly support the flicks, the project and me, please send the email and hopefully we can get things moving.

Thanks and you know I always appreciate your help and feedback.

Gary
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Email has been sent.

I asked for the remake of the original with a decent budget. I really really would like to see what that movie could be with a decent budget and people who can act. I'd take either option, really, but that's what I'd really like to see. I know there was a lot of ideas that couldn't be done because of budget, acting and location restrictions, and man would I like to see some of those ideas come to life.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Email has been sent.

I asked for the remake of the original with a decent budget. I really really would like to see what that movie could be with a decent budget and people who can act. I'd take either option, really, but that's what I'd really like to see. I know there was a lot of ideas that couldn't be done because of budget, acting and location restrictions, and man would I like to see some of those ideas come to life.
    Like the real highway traffic jam with the exploding out of control gasoline Semi Rig rolling over and zombies swarming the entire highway?

Yeah i wanna see that too.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    So, if they do a reboot of the original, would you have to write a whole new script or would you just use the DL3 script?

Edit: Nvm. I read the post on the Facebook group.
    Last edited by fulci fan; 11-Jun-2010 at 02:07 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The Deadlands 3 script was already converted to a remake of Deadlands 1 that starts everything from the beginning and takes us 10 months into the apocalypse.

If you read Draft 4 of the screenplays posted on www.wetnwildradio.com you can see what I was up to with it.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    The Deadlands 3 script was already converted to a remake of Deadlands 1 that starts everything from the beginning and takes us 10 months into the apocalypse.

If you read Draft 4 of the screenplays posted on www.wetnwildradio.com you can see what I was up to with it.
    Are they most interested in draft 4?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by fulci fan View Post
    Are they most interested in draft 4?
    Pretty much. They seem to be quite attracted to that version, but with the changed ending from Draft 6.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just bumping this to keep it active to help drum up more emails, but to update everyone Fox Received over 2500 emails since we started this campaign.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Finally got word from 20th Century Fox -

The folks at 20CF finally got back to us. They love the project, but... don't want to put the money up to make it, however, asked for exclusive first look rights when it is completed... because of this I have said no first look. If you love a project so much like you claim I don't think $1,000,000 will hurt your wallet, your 20CF. Anyway, after a month of waiting and another of the same old story... I decided we are going to raise the money on our own through Kickstarter.com

Click the link to learn more

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-the-new-world
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    I'm glad you basically told them to take a hike, Dj. This whole "we won't give you any money - but, we want first viewing rights!" is a bunch of pure Grade-A bullshit. After hearing that, I'd make sure they were the LAST to see it, if they even saw it at all.

This is the kick in the ass hollywood needs by indie filmmakers. They need to stand up to the big bully and say "y'know what? screw you!" even if it means having to self-finance the project.

Roll on the Kickstarter project!

*looks around the room* I've already made my pledge, HAVE YOU?!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Soooo.....you want the money up front. They say no, so you'll have to find it elsewhere. You do find it elsewhere and complete the film. Fox takes a look at it and offers you X-amount of money which would pay back your debts and most likely give you a profit. How is that a problem? Most indy films are picked up and put out to a wider audience this way, aren't they?

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember them saying this is how 28 Days Later was put out by fox searchlight...
    Last edited by bassman; 29-Jul-2010 at 05:56 PM.

Super Moderator

United States
    Done. Good luck, that's a lot of scratch to have people volunteer in such a short amount of time.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Soooo.....you want the money up front. They say no, so you'll have to find it elsewhere. You do find it elsewhere and complete the film. Fox takes a look at it and offers you X-amount of money which would pay back your debts and most likely give you a profit. How is that a problem? Most indy films are picked up and put out to a wider audience this way, aren't they?

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember them saying this is how 28 Days Later was put out by fox searchlight...
    No Guarantee, nor were they willing to sign a contract or put up a retainer fee, which is the norm for this type of stuff.

Sorry... I will just move on without them and if I get it done and take it to Cannes... They can bid like everyone else.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Done. Good luck, that's a lot of scratch to have people volunteer in such a short amount of time.
    It is Aces... it is, but if we pull it off... It will be awesome, if we don't... we keep trying until we do.

Deadlands 3 will get made and will start shooting Spring 2011. MARK MY WORDS

Studio or not, this flick will get made, will get submitted to Cannes, and then whatever happens happens.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    It's principle.

If they don't believe in the project now, why give them the profits from it later? I personally think that while at first, it seems like Dj is cutting off his nose to spite his face, however, after sitting back and really thinking about it I realize it's the right thing to do and something all these indie filmmakers should do to these bozos in Hollywood. Don't let the playground bully take advantage of you. Stand up to him, and later he will respect you and possibly - probably - protect you.

Just like in the music business, when a band signs their first major label contract - they're not reading the fine print stating how they're getting FUCKED three ways to sunday and that they'll be in debt for the rest of their lives for hundres of thousands (if not millions) of dollars while only getting paid a measely $15,000 per year - they just have it in their mind "I'm getting signed to a major label!" These bands should be standing up to these idiots and saying "I am going to get the $ I'm due for being the creative force behind this art or I'll do it myself and you can take a hike!" In this day and age, as Dj has shown himself, it can get done.

I had a nice long conversation with Dj yesterday about his talk with 20CF. I would love to sit here and explain it so he doesn't have to (I'm sure he's got other fish to fry then explaining what would probably be a pretty lengthy post) but I'm not sure how much of this I can talk about and how much can be said.

I do know we're going to do a podcast very soon and dedicate it to this subject as well as the Kickstarter program. We hope to get it out there asap. Typing all that is going on would be like re-typing the bible.

***edit to add - dammit Dj, you beat me to the posting.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 29-Jul-2010 at 07:26 PM.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post

I do know we're going to do a podcast very soon and dedicate it to this subject as well as the Kickstarter program. We hope to get it out there asap. Typing all that is going on would be like re-typing the bible.
    Well, I was only able to bid so much, as I have no clue what October will bring...however, if there is anything else I can do in the meantime, lemme know.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany