Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV series) excitement

Administrator

England
    Another pretty good episode.

Stannis & Melisandre burning Shireen was insanely well done! Very very horrible, and all without seeing a thing really! And we're yet to find out what this sacrifice will achieve?

What will Davos Seaworth do/say when he returns!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Another pretty good episode.

Stannis & Melisandre burning Shireen was insanely well done! Very very horrible, and all without seeing a thing really! And we're yet to find out what this sacrifice will achieve?

What will Davos Seaworth do/say when he returns!
    I think Davos kind of knew what was coming - he could sense it in the air - he even pleaded to take the kid (and Stannis' wife) with him to get them away from the battlefield. The stag carving was a parting gift, a last little bit of something nice before the inevitable sadly happened. Davos has stood by for a long time and accepted awful things (including losing his own fingers on one hand) - but I think the sacrificing of the girl will be the final straw for Davos and his allegience will break.

Agreed, they covered the thing well. It was more important to show the effect the act had on the faces of those watching, than to actually see it ... the sounds of screaming were far more effective.

I think next week we'll see a massive ruck at Winterfell, and I hope that the Boltons get slaughtered ... I'd like to see Sansa installed as the "Wardeness of the North" with Brianne as her second-in-command, with Sansa exacting brutal vengeance upon Ramsey (that little bastard), perhaps with Theon/Reek joining in for good measure. I can wait another day for Stannis to get what he deserves, but if he got his due too in the finale I wouldn't be unhappy.

Yep, another awesome episode - that battle with the Faceless Men in the arena was pretty tense and pretty darn awesome too - DROGON!!! \m/

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    the sounds of screaming were far more effective.
    Indeed... I wonder how long, and how many attempts those scream took to "get right".

I think next week we'll see a massive ruck at Winterfell, and I hope that the Boltons get slaughtered ... I'd like to see Sansa installed as the "Wardeness of the North" with Brianne as her second-in-command, with Sansa exacting brutal vengeance upon Ramsey (that little bastard), perhaps with Theon/Reek joining in for good measure.
    Can't see that happening in the one episode left... Too much too cover! Too many loose ends to move on..

...for Stannis to get what he deserves
    ...interesting... You think he's due some payback of some sort? Clearly killing his daughter was not particularly nice, but it's clear he's doing it all for a "greater good"?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Is it really for the greater good in Stannis' case? The man's hellbent on power at any cost - first his brother, now his daughter - the man's lost the plot. A man like that doesn't deserve power, he deserves death.

Melisandre seemed to suggest, as she was getting her norks out again, that there's something more to Jon Snow - that there's something more to his parentage - so I'm wondering if JS actually has, somehow, a better claim than Stannis. Melisandre is all about backing the horse with the greatest chance and she was sizing up Jon Snow as an alternative. Clearly this time she's been able to convince Stannis to take this horrible action - as a result of Ramsey's midnight insurgence (once again that rotten little shit's actions cause untold harm) - but I do wonder if she's now hedging her bets ... trying to get her hooks into Jon Snow, or find an alternative for the throne.

Administrator

England
    Is it really for the greater good in Stannis' case? The man's hellbent on power at any cost - first his brother, now his daughter - the man's lost the plot. A man like that doesn't deserve power, he deserves death.
    Maybe so, but he understands unless they unite, they all die - Threat from the north!

He's seemingly the only one with his eye on big picture...

Anyway, one episode left so I want to see Cersei get her revenge!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Anyway, one episode left so I want to see Cersei get her revenge!
    I do, but at the same time, I don't - because the daft bugger brought it on herself. She's vicious and scheming, but she doesn't think too many steps ahead - and this time her lack of far-planning has scuppered her royally. Really interesting to see her so downgraded after having strutted around so high and mighty for so long, doing such awful, scheming things (including her own brother!!! )

Cersei's definitely more entertaining to watch than these zealots running around King's Landing, though ... so, ultimately, I do want Cersei to win that battle. However, she also deserves to be decidedly humbled by the entire experience. Sooner or later she's going to get everything bad that's coming her way.

United States

Yep, another awesome episode - that battle with the Faceless Men in the arena was pretty tense and pretty darn awesome too - DROGON!!! \m/
    Ahem. (Pushes his nerd glasses up on his nose). I belive you mean Sons of the Harpy. The faceless men are the league of assassins that Arya is currently training with. . . .
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Ahem. (Pushes his nerd glasses up on his nose). I belive you mean Sons of the Harpy. The faceless men are the league of assassins that Arya is currently training with. . . .
    Quite right! I meant Sons of the Harpy!

Too many names and titles. I can't remember them all.

Administrator

England
    Well, a great Seaon, although I felt the final episode felt a tad weaker and rushed.

It was also annoying they seemed to leave all the "deaths" to the final episode, kind of where you were expecting them. They'd have been far more effective (unexpected) spread out a bit TBH, as occured in earlier seasons.
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Well, a great Seaon, although I felt the final episode felt a tad weaker and rushed.

It was also annoying they seemed to leave all the "deaths" to the final episode, kind of where you were expecting them. They'd have been far more effective (unexpected) spread out a bit TBH, as occured in earlier seasons.
    Thought it was a crackin' episode - and quite brutal (No!!! Jon Snow!!! Sad times!!!).

I think that GoT seaon finales are really more set-ups for the following season. They're less about wrapping things up, than giving us new possibilities for the next season.

There's been talk that Jon Snow is properly dead and not coming back, in the wake of a lot of people going on about Melisandre being there (and capable of resurrecting the dead) ... and I've been thinking the same thing ... but I'm wondering if they're doing a sort of double bluff, to try and make people believe Jon Snow's really gone, and then switcheroo it and give us a surprise. Kit Harington doesn't seem to have a bunch of stuff lined up/announced on IMDb (although, perhaps it's part of the entire ruse?) ... ach! You just don't know what to think or who to believe. We'll just have to sodding wait then!

Cersei's walk of shame was pretty brutal - I can imagine brutal vengeance soon after, though ... they've let her back into her castle and that's a mistake on the part of the religious gang, she's got her team around her again, her army, she can now wield furious anger once again after Tommin just sat on his arse and did sod all about his mum or his wife! What a lazy shite!

Administrator

England
    There's been talk that Jon Snow is properly dead and not coming back, in the wake of a lot of people going on about Melisandre being there (and capable of resurrecting the dead) ... and I've been thinking the same thing ... but I'm wondering if they're doing a sort of double bluff, to try and make people believe Jon Snow's really gone, and then switcheroo it and give us a surprise. Kit Harington doesn't seem to have a bunch of stuff lined up/announced on IMDb (although, perhaps it's part of the entire ruse?) ... ach! You just don't know what to think or who to believe. We'll just have to sodding wait then!
    I'm not going to look at IMDB and the like just because of this. I don't want to know if he's coming back or not.

Cersei's walk of shame was pretty brutal
    Saw a post of some people complaining how bad the CGI was of her head being put on her body doubles torsoe. Clearly it fooled me as I thought it was her the whole time!

Can't wait to see her get revenge next series... Should be brutal (Especially once she's also heard the good news about her daughter.)

That said, of all the people who "died" in this episode, how many do we actually know are dead? GoT has the annoying habit of being vague about deaths. Is the Hound even dead for example?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Saw a post of some people complaining how bad the CGI was of her head being put on her body doubles torsoe. Clearly it fooled me as I thought it was her the whole time!

Can't wait to see her get revenge next series... Should be brutal (Especially once she's also heard the good news about her daughter.)

That said, of all the people who "died" in this episode, how many do we actually know are dead? GoT has the annoying habit of being vague about deaths. Is the Hound even dead for example?
    Initially it did seem like Lena Headey did it, but then it was a couple of wide shots where I noticed the CGI blend was iffy - the colours/contrast seemed mismatched to me - and then it was obvious from then on ... so kudos to whoever the lady was who actually performed the body double task in this episode! Getting pelted and shouted at by all those people - crikey! N.B. This isn't meant as a putdown to Lena Headey, just FYI.

As for deaths - yeah, Cersei & Jamie's daughter (the name escapes me right now), we don't know for sure. There is a cure - but how fast does the poison work? They haven't left the port yet, so they could easily turn back and f**k shit up back in Dorne.

Then there's Theon and Sansa - some people have said they jumped to their deaths, but bollocks to that, there's no way that's how they'd go out. They'll jump into a big pile of fresh snow and run off into the woods.

Stannis - we didn't see the strike of Brianne's sword hit Stannis, so he could still be alive.

The Hound - referring back to season 4, but yes, I do have this hope that The Hound will suddenly appear at some point still alive ... what a great character he was.

Ireland
    Well f*ck that anyway...

At the rate were going

there'll be nobody left that I like in the show.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Well f*ck that anyway...

At the rate were going

there'll be nobody left that I like in the show.
    Well:-
    1) Is it just by chance Melisandra arrive where she did? Remember these people can raise the dead!
    2) Are you not the slightest bit intrigued to see what revenge Cersei brings down on he tormentor?

- - - Updated - - -

Initially it did seem like Lena Headey did it, but then it was a couple of wide shots where I noticed the CGI blend was iffy - the colours/contrast seemed mismatched to me - and then it was obvious from then on ...
    I actually undeleted the episode to watch this scene again. I'm still fairly impressed by it. As you say, in one or two scenes it looks like they struggled, but generally it looked pretty impressive to me...
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    1) Not too sure I like the idea of that.

2) I hate Cersei.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....