Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GRAND THEFT AUTO IV trailer...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

GRAND THEFT AUTO IV trailer...

...coming 3/29/07.

I'm sure it's going to be a crappy teaser with like one shot of the main character. Rockstar loves to be sketchy about the content of their games until like a month before they come out.

Kazakhstan
    lol....
    you.
    son.
    of.
    A BITCH!!! i was really excited then...urm, i mean...*ahem*...would be interested to see...

still, can't wait!!! I WANT TO KILL EVER MORE REALISTIC PEOPLE
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    lol....
    you.
    son.
    of.
    A BITCH!!!

I was hoping to at least get one person and, ALAS, the very first person to view the thread was fooled!

The wait until October is going to be painfully long!!!

United States
    Hopefully they reveal at least what city/state/country it takes place in.

Undisclosed
    I can only imagine what a next gen GTA will be like. I have been playing GTA since PS1.

United States
    imagine the achievments for 360 mmmm

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    imagine the achievments for 360 mmmm
    No kidding. Just look at the improvements of GTA series on PS1 vs GTA PS2. Now picture GTA PS2 vs GTA PS3/360. As for achievments, points for drive-by, buying a penthouse, going on a rampage, carjacking every vehicle type, etc.
    Last edited by slickwilly13; 02-Mar-2007 at 04:18 AM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    As for achievments, points for drive-by, buying a penthouse, going on a rampage, carjacking every vehicle type, etc.
    Filing tax returns....brushing your teeth .....changing your socks 100,000 times!

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

capncnut
    Taking a s**t... pissing on your neighbours dog... watching American Gladiators on TV. A real game for once!

Super Moderator

UK
    Damn you Mike! You had me all hot and flustered for a minute there!

And damn straight, I hope it ain't some cop out cock tease, I hate that sh*t where it's 90 seconds long, but 70 of those are really long periods of text washing across the screen, I WANT FOOTAGE DAMN YOUZE!!!

October isn't even that far away, and yet nobody knows anything about the game, come on Rockstar, untie the purse strings for crying out loud!

England
    I hope they keep this one simple,cos it was a pain in the arse on san andreas when you had to keep going to the gym & eating etc,i loved GTA3 & vice city,but got bored halfway through san andreas and never got round to finishing it.GTA3 is still the best out of the bunch,graphics & plot wise,all it lacked for me was motorbikes & a bit more countryside!

capncnut
    Well it's being rebuilt from the ground up because they are using a whole new game engine so I would imagine Rockstar will keep this one as simple as possible.

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, while San Andreas was a great game, for me, it's always gonna be Vice City. It was just so fun, and you didn't have to bother about working out, buying food, trying to shack up with some lass ... dancing missions and *ARGH* all those f*cking LICENSES!!!

As if your protagonist would be that old and not know how to drive a freakin' car!

Take the story, style and fun of Vice City and slap it together with the scale of San Andreas, add a new freakin' engine (which has been sorely needed for a good long while now, they certainly drained the last one dry) and make it even more violent and sickeningly entertaining.

capncnut
    To be honest, I think San Andreas killed the lot of 'em. It was so in depth and the location setting was way better. The missions were more diverse and if I'm not mistaken, it was the longest of the series by far. You got to rate this game above the others for the appearance of Shaun Ryder and Danny Dyer alone.

"One minute I was wankin' over some fat bird's tits, the next minute I was out on me back!"

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, yeah San Andreas is a great game, but it's a bit too fiddly ... and the story is nowhere near as good as GTA 3 or Vice City (I've only played San Andreas through once, whereas Vice City I've played through multiple times).

Also, there's too many drab, boring and underpowered cars in San Andreas, whereas Vice City had some flair. I'd really like to see a GTA game set in the 70s, it'd be awesome.