Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: XBox One vs PS4 (consoles)

Administrator

England

XBox One vs PS4 (consoles)

Amazingly, it seems the XBox has overcome all the negative press and is selling better in pre-orders on Amazon - http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...s-8652627.html
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

Germany
    I am not surprised really. Anyone who had a great experience with the 360 and loves Kinect will likely stay the course. They may be betting on MS backing down on some of the restrictions which I realize is counterproductive. Not pre-ordering would pressure MS to change.

Administrator

England
    ^^ I agree Kaos! People talk big, "oh I'm not buying that," but when the time comes to choose they'll soon change their colours...

ps: Someone loves Kinect? Really?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Pretty happy with the wii u. Will buy a ps4 later. Will sit it out for a couple of months. Not touching the Xbox.

Super Moderator

UK
    Hasn't the Xbone been on pre-order for longer than the PS4?

Anyway - I'm not a day one adopter of console tech. There's usually bugs to work out, there isn't a vast game library to choose from (and therefore no cheap games to pick up when you first get yourself your shiney new console), and the price is always higher. So I'm not pre-ordering a damn thing - I've still got a bunch of 360 titles coming up, and ones to catch up on!

Super Moderator

Germany
    Here is a contradictory (and probably biased considering the source ) report: http://playstationgang.com/ps4-pre-o...n-top-20-list/

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Amazingly, it seems the XBox has overcome all the negative press and is selling better in pre-orders on Amazon - http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...s-8652627.html
    Here's what I'm wondering about this....

How many 360 owners bought into the pre-orders of the Xbone without having any knowledge (or at least, not much) about what's really going on with the new console?

My guess? At least half of them. A 'guess' at best, yes, but we here are the exception to the rule, reading up on everything presented about the Xbone prior to it's release. Many, if not most, people don't give a shit and just want the "latest and greatest" console without doing much research into it.

Also, I think the PS4 just went on pre-sale today didn't it? I just got an email from Best Buy saying "PRE-ORDER THE PS4 TODAY!" So even if what I said isn't true, it's kind of a biased way to look at things, no? I mean, the Xbone, as MZ has said, has been on pre-order longer...

Meh. Stupid consoles. Solution? Buy or build a gaming PC!
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 12-Jun-2013 at 06:53 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Not surprised, idiot dudebros will preorder for the brand recognition alone. And lets be honest wont give a fuck about their freedoms being taken away from their entertainment and putting a media center that you rent and never truly own in control of all your entertainment as long as they can bro it up in the latest codmodblopswaw finish the fight of modern war fighters: dudebro evolved.

personally im going ps4, because i like consoles having the same things they do now, not less. crazy idea i know but you vote with your wallet and anyone paying for an xbox one is paying to vote for less control and freedom over games AND the industry itself. Less new ideas, more rehashes and sequels because they are "safe day one sales" and the moment their local exchange goes down for 48 hours in a storm or something and they cant play gta? well id say the idiots only have themselves to blame because they payed to say thats okay and the way games should be now.
    Last edited by Danny; 12-Jun-2013 at 08:43 PM. Reason: adad

Undisclosed
    Woleheartedly agreed with everything Danny said.
    Though to be fair PS4 has its own fair share of games featuring armed, muscular men shouting at one another, blowing things up and such.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    PS4 for me think, i seem to dislike the xboxone a little bit more everytime i hear something new about it.

Administrator

England
    ^^ LOL! Have you heard now what M$ are doing with the Microsoft points? They're ditching them and converting them into conventional funds/currency... HOWEVER! If you don't spend it within a year.... Thank you very much, M$ will just pocket it!

And it's as cynical as it sounds, because if you add M$ points after the conversion (eg: by using a M$ point card from a shop) these will be converted to conventional currency/fund with NO time limit!

So why the special treatment for M$ points there before the swap over? Because M$ simply realise they can cash in all that money that people have lying around and not using (forgotten about).
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    PS4 for me think, i seem to dislike the xboxone a little bit more everytime i hear something new about it.
    Ain't that the truth!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Plus look at the size of the Kinect versus whatever Sony's got (the Move?) ... Sony's is far smaller, and therefore easier to place in the home. I don't know how on earth anyone's going to find an easy and workable place for that giant block of Kinect bullshit.

Administrator

England
    ^^ Yeh it's the PS4 Eye. I think it's an optional extra? Yet to see any real game/app make use of it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvpCdtjTrAo
    -Carl Sagan