Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849 LastLast

Thread: World War Z (film)

Undisclosed
    I thought the movie was nothing special. It was a shame because the book is one of the best things to happen to zombies in general since the Romero films. I enjoyed It that much, there have been other good movies but this one felt like it moved things along. The scale was just outstanding. The movie on the other hand. Just felt very bland and standard.

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    The movie started out nice, but the ending was too predictable or you can say boring.

United States
    A virus that "knows instantly" if you are terminally ill or not? Transforming from living to insane undead in 10 seconds? Brad Pitt in a zombie flick??? Ever seen a man eat his own head? Well... then you haven't seen it all now, have you!

Last edited by Ragnarr; 10-Dec-2013 at 12:04 AM. Reason: edit
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

Canada
    I just can't get over the fact that they turn so quickly and yet how did one of these infected get on a plane fron Isreal to The United Kingdom and doesn't get noticed in the plane's washroom until they are basically close to landing in Wales?

It's inaccuracies like that and a few others that were mentioned earlier in the thread that drive me nuts about movies.

Also count me as another one who hates the raptor noises, shitty contacts, and super human agility and strength they possess.

Having the zombies run was the least of this movies problems.

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    I think the rights to the book should be resold to someone who will make it either into a miniseries or take a TWD long haul series run at it.

Super Moderator

UK
    Fellow Brits - WWZ's coming to Sky Movies Premiere on March 21st (and Sky On Demand on the 14th March) ... so I'll get around to seeing it soon, I guess.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    No Minion, don't look! It will only bring you pain! -(quote from Golden Sun: The Lost Age, once Doom Dragon is defeated)

Ireland
    This is going to happen to you

Attachment 1307
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    hahaha!

Well, I've no doubt seen worse films many times before, so it'll take an awful lot to Lost Ark me, but I'm also not expecting much good here with WWZ...

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    hahaha!

Well, I've no doubt seen worse films many times before, so it'll take an awful lot to Lost Ark me, but I'm also not expecting much good here with WWZ...
    It's not that bad, it's certainly not the World War Z you read and loved though. If it was called "Attack of the speedy zombies who are quite fast and scary", it would be a good little film.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Canada
    I'm the sort of guy that can eat nothing but doritos, pepsi, and reese pieces all day and not feel sick, but I was left with a very ill feeling in my stomach after I saw World War Z. It just didn't sit right me.

England
    I didn't like the movie. I found it to be a tad pretentious. Catered for a younger audience. When will Hollywood realize that stupid moves like this will automatically alienate fans? But I suppose they don't really care once they have cashed in their cheques.

United States
    I just saw WWZ over the weekend and I liked it well enough. It was more entertaining than I expected. No, it wasn't WWZ the book, but then I'm not a huge huge fan of the book.

Liked:
    - The portrayal of the scale of the zombie outbreak. The overhead shots of cities teaming with zombies was fantastic. The news reports were well done.
    - The premise of Brad Pitt leaving safety to find the origin of the outbreak. That makes some scientific sense.
    - The premise and explanation behind Jerusalem not falling immediately.
    - The premise of the zombies not attacking anything not seen as a healthy host. I thought that was an interesting twist and they did a good job foreshadowing it.

Neutral:
    - Brad Pitt not finding anything tangible at the outbreak site.
    - Jerusalem's fall. It would've been cool for the city to stand. But I also can see the desire to portray no city as safe.
    - The idea that Brad Pitt's use of "something he found in a vial" provides immunity so quickly. It's not necessarily implausible since it is wrapped up in the suspension of disbelief around zombie existence in general. However, it is really stretching that suspension of disbelief.

Disliked:
    - The rationale for the trip to Jerusalem.
    - How they orchestrated Jerusalem's fall and filmed the column of zombies. With a few tweaks that could've worked.

Absolutely Hated:
    - The airplane crash scene. Unnecessary implausible nonsense that had no business being part of the story.
    Last edited by Trin; 31-Mar-2014 at 05:32 PM. Reason: +y
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Absolutely Hated:
    - The airplane crash scene. Unnecessary implausible nonsense that had no business being part of the story.
    Did you notice that the second they crashed in the UK that music took on a real 28 Days Later theme? I thought it was a neat little nod to 28DL.

Best line of the film for me...

(South Korean Military outpost...)

Brad: "How did you stop them?"

Army Guy: "Expenditure of ammunition"

(...Which is pretty much the only way to stop those WWZ/28DL/Dawn 04 type of fuckers IMO).
    Last edited by Legion2213; 31-Mar-2014 at 06:38 PM. Reason: .
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    I just saw WWZ over the weekend and I liked it well enough. It was more entertaining than I expected. No, it wasn't WWZ the book, but then I'm not a huge huge fan of the book.

Liked:
    - The portrayal of the scale of the zombie outbreak. The overhead shots of cities teaming with zombies was fantastic. The news reports were well done.
    - The premise of Brad Pitt leaving safety to find the origin of the outbreak. That makes some scientific sense.
    - The premise and explanation behind Jerusalem not falling immediately.
    - The premise of the zombies not attacking anything not seen as a healthy host. I thought that was an interesting twist and they did a good job foreshadowing it.
    I'm going to prescribe a marathon of the original GAR trilogy, The Dead, Night 90 and then a follow up inoculation of select episodes of TWD.

If you're still incoherent and babbling in 1 week we'll have to consider putting you out of your misery

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany