Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok-- if JC (James Cameron) found J.C....

Lord Howe Island

Ok-- if JC (James Cameron) found J.C....

How would that affect Christianity? I know no matter what, the majo Christian religions will say either it wasn't him, or it was his body, and his spirit rose--

Whatever the cause, all of this stuff sort of points towards the End of Days-- if you subscribe to that story.

Just so it is known, I do not consider myself a Christian, although I do try and live like one. I find the story of His birth, and then His death-- to be two of the most moving tales I have ever read. Real human drama--
    I once did an essay about three of my heros in English IV College prep--

I picked Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, and Judas Iscariot.

Abe-- he was prepared to destroy the nation to save it.
    Teddy-- a real larger than life hero-- a comic book brought to life.
    Judas-- I thought he betrayed Jesus not because he wanted to, but to "fulfill the prophecy"..He killed him inside to do it, and he committed suicide because of it. I went on to say that if suicide was ever forgivable, then it had o be for Judas.

Anyway, I have been thinking about this all week, and I am really curious to see the doc---

okely dokely-- just my little question on the matter..

War to the knife...the knife to the hilt.
    The end is f*cking nigh!!!

United States
    I believe I read that this was first uncovered on 1980. If it had any real weight I think it would have made some noise by now. Anti Christian Hollywood will most likley turn this into a Michael Moore flick.

Its called faith, thats all christians can go on.
    I know youd rather see me gone,Than to see me the way that I am. But I am in the life anyway.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by tju1973 View Post
    How would that affect Christianity? I know no matter what, the majo Christian religions will say either it wasn't him, or it was his body, and his spirit rose--

Whatever the cause, all of this stuff sort of points towards the End of Days-- if you subscribe to that story.

Just so it is known, I do not consider myself a Christian, although I do try and live like one. I find the story of His birth, and then His death-- to be two of the most moving tales I have ever read. Real human drama--
    I once did an essay about three of my heros in English IV College prep--

I picked Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, and Judas Iscariot.

Abe-- he was prepared to destroy the nation to save it.
    Teddy-- a real larger than life hero-- a comic book brought to life.
    Judas-- I thought he betrayed Jesus not because he wanted to, but to "fulfill the prophecy"..He killed him inside to do it, and he committed suicide because of it. I went on to say that if suicide was ever forgivable, then it had o be for Judas.

Anyway, I have been thinking about this all week, and I am really curious to see the doc---

okely dokely-- just my little question on the matter..

They wouldnt believe it becasue it would mean the main tetent, or what they believe that to be, is invalidated. Rather than be happy he existed and continue to follow (supposedly) his philosophy, they would probably just assassinate Cameron. When confronted with reality they do not often act rationally.

I thought your 3 heroes were intersting.
    Abe- stuck with no options as he saw it. He didnt want to US to descend into a Europe style anarchy of endlessly escalting wars. Sometimes I think that he shouldve let it go because there are major disagreements but in the end we are all Americans. We would probably still be a backwater too. Imagine a split USA with one side Axis and other side Allies in WWII. OMG.

Teddy Roosevelt did some really crappy stuff like to the Phillipines, but he created the National Park System. A really great idea. Another great Republican.

Judas. Suicide, being a mortal sin, would've sent him strait to hell. Eloquent take on it though.

Cameron found Jesus? I will believe it when I see it. Or maybe not. I am very dubious of how they could prove it. Maybe another Al Capones Vault
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Lord Howe Island

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    They wouldnt believe it becasue it would mean the main tetent, or what they believe that to be, is invalidated. Rather than be happy he existed and continue to follow (supposedly) his philosophy, they would probably just assassinate Cameron. When confronted with reality they do not often act rationally.

I thought your 3 heroes were intersting.
    Abe- stuck with no options as he saw it. He didnt want to US to descend into a Europe style anarchy of endlessly escalting wars. Sometimes I think that he shouldve let it go because there are major disagreements but in the end we are all Americans. We would probably still be a backwater too. Imagine a split USA with one side Axis and other side Allies in WWII. OMG.

Teddy Roosevelt did some really crappy stuff like to the Phillipines, but he created the National Park System. A really great idea. Another great Republican.

Judas. Suicide, being a mortal sin, would've sent him strait to hell. Eloquent take on it though.

Cameron found Jesus? I will believe it when I see it. Or maybe not. I am very dubious of how they could prove it. Maybe another Al Capones Vault
    cool beans..

Yeah w/o Abe, the US would be Fooked...

Teddy also loved killing big game animals, yt he was an ardent conservationist.

And Judas-- You said it. If there is a God, is he so unfeeling as to damn the very man who carries out His plan?

I hope not..

oh, BTW Geraldo is a hack...
    War to the knife...the knife to the hilt.
    The end is f*cking nigh!!!

United States

Shroud of Turin ...

How interesting , I look forward to seeing this . Mr Cameron will be hated by christians , but I dont think he will care .
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

Christmas Island
    Don't know how it would effect Christianity but this was the sort of muck Sun Classic Pictures used to release films of back in the 70s, Noah's Ark, Bermuda Triangle and such.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DVW5150 View Post
    How interesting , I look forward to seeing this . Mr Cameron will be hated by christians , but I dont think he will care .
    Cameron is riding the liberaism tide. I dare any White film maker to question the great relgion of peace "Islam"
    I know youd rather see me gone,Than to see me the way that I am. But I am in the life anyway.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tied2thetracks View Post
    Cameron is riding the liberaism tide. I dare any White film maker to question the great relgion of peace "Islam"
    That VanGogh fella did, and he's dead.

Teddy also loved killing big game animals, yt he was an ardent conservationist.
    ....and Ted Nugent! It's not exclusive. Alot of hunters love nature. Why else sit in a deer watch (or whatever its called) in a tree all day. His estate (Roosevelt's) on Long Island is pretty cool.

oh, BTW Geraldo is a hack...
    You aint kiddin'. When he got his nose busted by Skins. Man that was hilarious. or when Charlie Manson said "How 'bout I just jump up and beat the dog sh*t outta you". Geraldo looked like he was going to pee. Btw, my Pop said he banged his sister when he was a kid
    Last edited by coma; 01-Mar-2007 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post

....and Ted Nugent! It's not exclusive. Alot of hunters love nature. Why else sit in a deer watch (or whatever its called) in a tree all day. His estate (Roosevelt's) on Long Island is pretty cool.

wait...i think you've tripped over the real davinchi code, rosevelte loved hunting, so does ted nugent, ted nugent looks like jesus on crack, add in this cameron stuff and!...

still nothin' but im sure dan browns just spooged over that as the ide afor part 2

i myself would think christians would believe his spirit left, i mean its either that or he did a superman and took off *que superman movies theme*, me i dont beleive in any of it, so if it proved a guy called jesus existed it would prove that the bible isnt accurate, big deal i new that one allready

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I wouldn't say Abe was as much of a hero as a man of his times. Back then war was much more accepted than it is now. If France and Germany went to war NOW, everyone would be shocked. But if they had went to war 150 years ago, people would just have shrugged their shoulders and said "What else is new?"

A split of the USA (to some degree) is unavoidable, due to it's vastly conflicting ideas. I don't really think Abe was that much of a hero. Just a man of his times. "A few states defected, so I'm going after them!". The Confederates were also men of their times, which is why they had slavery.

Now with Afterthought, I think we can all say that we're thankful that Abe did what he did. Otherwise it would have taken longer to get equal rights for all races. But a split of the US will happen sooner or later anyway. Probably not in 10 or 20 years. But in 50? Who knows.

Christians, and other religious people, simply turn the other cheek whenever scientific fact is shown to them. You all know it to be true. I saw a program on Creationism vs. Evolution and it was just hilarious how dumb the christians were. No offense to anyone there, but their kind of arguments were just so ****ing stupid. They refused to even look at the facts.

United States

Cameron riding a liberal surfboard ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tied2thetracks View Post
    Peace is not about "daring" someone ... Judging others shines a light on yourself . I was raised to respect others beliefs and way of life . I dont hate anyone , I might dis-like them , but hate is too strong a word. If you believe in the peace of Islam , respond kindly , not with racial overtones . You have shown your true nature . Go with Allah ...
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    What Islam stands for and what Muslims do are two different things. Did you know that polygami is forbidden according to Islam? Yet many sultans practiced it.

Cameron is probably questioning christianity because that's the religion that has the biggest impact on his life. Both him and I probably feel a sense of satisfaction to put christians in their place.

If he'd been born in Egypt he would have gone after Islam instead.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Cameron is probably questioning christianity because that's the religion that has the biggest impact on his life. Both him and I probably feel a sense of satisfaction to put christians in their place.
    Christians will never be "put in their place", as you put it. That's why they call it faith. It doesn't matter what some moron is screaming at the tops of his lungs. Faith has always been there and it will never go away.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Christians will never be "put in their place", as you put it. That's why they call it faith. It doesn't matter what some moron is screaming at the tops of his lungs. Faith has always been there and it will never go away.
    Wrong, christians are "put in their place" all the time. Charles Darwin put christians in their place, for one.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Wrong, christians are "put in their place" all the time. Charles Darwin put christians in their place, for one.
    Dude, that didn't "put them in their place". I'm not even a strong christian.....I don't believe that "The Book" has everything correct. I willingly take into consideration that other forces may have been a part of our creation and all, but I still have faith that a higher power also had a hand in it.

That's my point, just because Darwin made his conclusions about humans evolving and all, does that mean that churches across the world have dropped their religions? No matter what some scientist(or in this case - James Cameron ) says is proven fact, people will always have their faith. It's something to rely on. Not necessarily something that can be proven. It's in the heart of everyone to look up and believe that this can't be as simple as it seems. It may be a divine being, or it may be evolution, or it could be something that no one has ever thought of.

Religion gives people hope. A way to look at the past and see their possible bright future. Evolution gives people a chance to look at the past, and see that they're going to either be put in the ground or be burned.

The point being....nothing has been "proven". It's all in one's beliefs and opinions.