Thread: Dawn 156 Min. German Cut

Undisclosed

Dawn 156 Min. German Cut

I know that this exists. Does anyone on here have it? I'd be willing to pay for a dub on either VHS or DVD...

If no one has this, I've also heard rumors of a 148 min. edition...does this exist either?

It'd be cool if someone could upload scenes that are substantially different or new onto youtube or something...
    "I see you!...chocolate man!"

www.jamartell.blogspot.com

Administrator

England
    I Have the "krekel" cut of dawn, which is the rare 156min version your talking about, if you look around you can pick it up for about £30.. obviously not an original but if you just want to see it and say you own it.

Undisclosed
    I own three versions of this movie, with the extended version being the longest one at 139 mins, now the one you are talking about is a bit longer, does anybody know how many versions of this movie are out there I thought I had all of them, and is it worth it for me to track down this german version
    It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

Administrator

England
    Well i own the european cut, the american directors cut, the extended cut, the old english directors cut with 6 seconds cut, and the new english directors cut with the 6 seconds included, the german krekel 156 cut, a english 156min cut a very good friend of mine made, and that is all i will say about that so dont ask.

There's alot more though, there are hundreds of different cuts from all over the world.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by J_A_Martell View Post
    It'd be cool if someone could upload scenes that are substantially different or new onto youtube or something...
    Well the 156 minute version is nothing more than all three versions (theatrical, extended and european) spliced into one definitive version sewing up all the different scenes in each. If you have the Ultimate Edition box set of Dawn then you aren't really missing anything.
    Last edited by capncnut; 24-Nov-2008 at 11:30 PM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Well i own the european cut, the american directors cut, the extended cut, the old english directors cut with 6 seconds cut, and the new english directors cut with the 6 seconds included, the german krekel 156 cut, a english 156min cut a very good friend of mine made, and that is all i will say about that so dont ask.

There's alot more though, there are hundreds of different cuts from all over the world.
    YIKES !!!!, thats a lot of cuts
    It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

Canada
    That looks nice twistbud

Would be interesting to see the film all put together like that

Administrator

England
    Unfortunatly twistbud, Dawn is protected material and as the creator of that DVD does not have permission to redistribute it, it is classed as pirated.

Therefore we cannot allow it to be publically advertised or endorsed on HPotD, as pirated materials are strictly forbidden by our rules.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Unfortunatly twistbud, Dawn is protected material and as the creator of that DVD does not have permission to redistribute it, it is classed as pirated.

Therefore we cannot allow it to be publically advertised or endorsed on HpotD, as pirated materials are strictly forbidden by our rules.

Sorry..

United States
    What is the rarest hard to find cut?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    What is the rarest hard to find cut?
    The original 170+ minute cut that George initially put together. It's so rare that folks are certain it no longer exists.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    The original 170+ minute cut that George initially put together. It's so rare that folks are certain it no longer exists.
    Oh snap really? Didn't know there was still 14 mins of footage of the film left.

So Night has 6 mins cut, Dawn 14 mins cut, and Day about 24 mins if I'm right? So any hope that these cuts will ever surface.

Australia
    Maybe Gornick stole the 170 min cut of DAWN, too...

24 minutes cut from DAY? That's news to me. 'The Zombies That Ate Pittsburgh' book said it was closer to 10 minutes but even that may be incorrect. I asked Savini once if he could recall anything that was shot but didn't make it into the movie and he said that what you saw was pretty much what they shot. Certainly nothing substantial is missing.
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Oh snap really? Didn't know there was still 14 mins of footage of the film left.

So Night has 6 mins cut, Dawn 14 mins cut, and Day about 24 mins if I'm right? So any hope that these cuts will ever surface.
    Incidentally, there is also supposed to be three hour cut of Martin in (or no longer in) existence too.

Undisclosed
    I believe romero also said that there was an original B&W negative of Martin that got lost as well...
    "I see you!...chocolate man!"

www.jamartell.blogspot.com