Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TAURUS remaking Day... AGAIN...

Chasing Prey

Canada
    if its a REAL remake, same plot and characters but not shot for shot.........i'd go see it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post
    I didn't realize there was a thread in the other forum for this, delete this one when possible
    The search function is your friend. Threads merged and moved to appropriate forum.

The George A. Romero Fan Assembly @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geor...rofanassembly/

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    The genre is in danger of not being taken seriously.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    The genre is in danger of not being taken seriously.

Damn straight.

I mean wtf is this bullshit? These Taurus guys define the term "losers". Not content with making two shit festivals, they've gotta pinch off another deformed loaf of name-rape.

Tossers.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    if its a REAL remake, same plot and characters but not shot for shot.........i'd go see it.
    If somebody attempted to film the original Day of the Dead script, the one Romero intended to be the "Gone With the Wind of zombie films", I would be interested.

Because THAT would be Epic. Right guys?
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    EPIC!!! Word of the month here at HPotD.

I'm looking forward to this re-re-make of Day. Day08 is actually a very fun movie to watch with your buddies and a couple of beers. It's one of those films that is so shitty it's funny. Like Batman and Robin. I wouldn't pay for it, but I've got it on the DVR for just those kinds of occasions.

If this is another crapfest that's good for cheese fun with friends, i'll be happy. But I definitely don't expect it to be good...

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I was a bit disappointed with the short running time, tho. They could easily have slapped another half-an-hour or so on that masterpiece, and you'd have no complaints from me.
    I agree completely, as usual Ned. I personally felt that the best character in the movie was tat lone soldier at the radio station, however. That brave, beautiful man left the radio station just to attempt to protect the DJ. I seriously wept manly tears as he was killed, and I had to look away from the screen, and console myself in a vast vat of gravy and cheese curds.

Ving Rhames death was also heart wrenching. He had the battle plan, opened the door, and suddenly wham, zombies everywhere. I think that he deserves a best actor win at every award show for that. They way he flailed his chiseled arms into the jumping zombie was pretty much the manliest thing ever, and the wide range of emotion that his pudding like face emanated as he was killed will haunt my dreams forever.

England
    You people are fucking brutal!

This thread reminds me of the amazon reviews for "Vanilla Ice's" big screen debut (if you haven't read them, you should).
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    You people are fucking brutal!

This thread reminds me of the amazon reviews for "Vanilla Ice's" big screen debut (if you haven't read them, you should).
    "Drop the zero and get with tha hero!"

Another fun one to pick apart.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Damn straight.

I mean wtf is this bullshit? These Taurus guys define the term "losers". Not content with making two shit festivals, they've gotta pinch off another deformed loaf of name-rape.

Tossers.

I think that's why we are so disapointed with Ga'rs more recent offerings. Imo, they aren't much different than the straight to video/sy fy stuff you see on there every week.

If he can't do it, then who can? (Did that just sound like a cheer? )

But with crap like this and the Zomedies why should anyone look at what the genre has become and not take it seriously.

Who outside of these forums (and others) seriously thinks that a zombie film can also at the same time be a great film?

Imo, Dawnof the dead is that. It's not just in my top ten zombie films of all time but in my top 10 period.

Damn are my fingers ever crossed that world war Z is the goods because there aren't going to be too many more opportunities to get funding for a "serious" , epic zombie film such as that has the potential to be.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    I agree completely, as usual Ned. I personally felt that the best character in the movie was tat lone soldier at the radio station, however. That brave, beautiful man left the radio station just to attempt to protect the DJ. I seriously wept manly tears as he was killed, and I had to look away from the screen, and console myself in a vast vat of gravy and cheese curds.

Ving Rhames death was also heart wrenching. He had the battle plan, opened the door, and suddenly wham, zombies everywhere. I think that he deserves a best actor win at every award show for that. They way he flailed his chiseled arms into the jumping zombie was pretty much the manliest thing ever, and the wide range of emotion that his pudding like face emanated as he was killed will haunt my dreams forever.
    I remember being so haunted by that moment. I knew inside that some of the characters would bite the dust, but as I had really grown to symphatize with the soldiers (And Bud especially, for the record) and wanted them all to make it out alive. I was cursing at the zombies when I watched that movie. It was so horrible.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

NNNNNYYYYYYYAAAARRRGHHHHHHBGLHBLGLHLGBLGL!

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    I would love to see a quality remake of Day that takes Romero's original script into consideration, but instead we keep getting one garbage release after another.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post

NNNNNYYYYYYYAAAARRRGHHHHHHBGLHBLGLHLGBLGL!
    Hilarious!! This thread rules.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Let's not forget that Ving Rhames' wide, wide range of acting skills brings the whole project to another level.
    He is definately the Mr.T of this generation.