Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackberry or I-Phone

Undisclosed

Blackberry or I-Phone

finally in a position to get a good phone and wondered wat your thoughts are on which to choose, its gonna be either an i-phone or a blackberry, both have plus points and i really cant decide, im not really into playing music or videos, normally its just for calls, texts and the occasional e-mail, any thoughts would be appreciated and if you have either phone some ideas on wat its like to use day to day would be good...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Have you ever owned an i pod? I must say i used to just dismiss them as another mp3 player but once you own one you will never go back. I also happen to love blackberry's as well.

However, if i had the choice I'd go with the i phone all day. Only thing is thaT they do not provide insurance for i phoneS so if it gets lost, broken or stolEn then you're just shit out of luck dude.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Out of the two i would say iphone, ive been using one for a year and i use it every few minutes. Theres the usual smart phone stuff, emails, web browsing, calling and texts but the app store is what makes it. it makes the device far more customizable. a friend and i got them the same day and aside from the core built in things they are very different devices. his is mostly videogames, which are surprisingly good, mine is more stuff like twitter, four square various free texting apps, skype for free calls, even crap like facebook which im not a fan of.
    Basically its a smart phone that is what you make of it. its incredibly versitaile and replaced my mp3 player as well so i dont have multiple devices to charge and carry in my pocket all day. if it had a decent word processing program it would probably replace my macbook altogether.

-That said the windows phone 7 is coming out in the nearish future and from what i hear it blows blackberrys and andriods out the water and gives the iphone an equal run for its money but is very different in how it serves the owner and works as a basic media connective device.

So right now id say totally iphone, but you never know, the windows one might be right up your alley so id look into that too.
    Last edited by Danny; 12-Mar-2010 at 04:44 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I had a blackberry for about 2 weeks. It would break every few minutes, so I took it back. Just regular-ass cell phones, for me

Undisclosed
    i was leaing toward the i-phone but it looks a bit fragile to me, that big glass screen looks way too delicate for everyday use...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by fartpants View Post
    i was leaing toward the i-phone but it looks a bit fragile to me, that big glass screen looks way too delicate for everyday use...

Nothing with a big pretty screen is. (think psp) But that's what they make screen protectors and cases for.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by fartpants View Post
    oh no sir, it aint fragile. ive dropped mine down sets of concrete stairs, other people have thrown theres out moving cars by accident and other shit like that. the over screen cover is nigh indestructible, the back portion which on mine is like white hard plastic is tougher than you find on handheld games devices. and ive beaten the shit out fo my iphone, been out filming and dropped it down a small ravine for example and sure its beaten, chipped and scratched but thats a year of hardy use. ive had other phones break the moment you drop them the first time by accident.

You wouldnt think it but there pretty hardy, apple by and large makes stuff that can take a beating.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Blackberry, unless you wanna watch videos surf the net and do all the same stuff you do on your desktop or laptop.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

England
    The iphone is good, but dont bother if you want a phone that can take good photos (I like a good camera on a phone because I always have it on me & dont want the extra bulk of a seperate camera)
    Theres some really fun & useful apps on the iphone, but all my mates that have them are ridiculously smug & geeky about having one! A friend of mine & my girlfriends is a prime example of this, and she always says to him "there isnt an app to get yourself a girlfriend though is there you sad bastard"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Have you ever owned an i pod? I must say i used to just dismiss them as another mp3 player but once you own one you will never go back. I also happen to love blackberry's as well.

However, if i had the choice I'd go with the i phone all day.
    This.

My mother in law bought me the 2G iPod Nano years ago, and up to that point I HATED the idea of getting an ipod, so I threw it in my desk drawer for 3 weeks. Then, I finally pulled it out and realized, "wow, this is a nice, slick piece of machinery" - although I loathe iTunes with a passion (big, bloated piece of shit), however, that didn't stop me from buying three 3G iPod nanos (one for wife, one for kid and one for me) then this past year, we all ended up with iPod Touch's, which are REALLY nice.

The only problem I have with the iPhone? It's on AT&T. The one and ONLY reason that I will not own one. When it hits Verizon, I'll be waiting in line.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 12-Mar-2010 at 05:15 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    This.

My mother in law bought me the 2G iPod Nano years ago, and up to that point I HATED the idea of getting an ipod, so I threw it in my desk drawer for 3 weeks. Then, I finally pulled it out and realized, "wow, this is a nice, slick piece of machinery" - although I loathe iTunes with a passion (big, bloated piece of shit), however, that didn't stop me from buying three 3G iPod nanos (one for wife, one for kid and one for me) then this past year, we all ended up with iPod Touch's, which are REALLY nice.

The only problem I have with the iPhone? It's on AT&T. The one and ONLY reason that I will not own one. When it hits Verizon, I'll be waiting in line.

1: ditto, for some reason i hated ipods before i got one, maybe the smug adverts or something, then i got a free ipod nano and whent all "join usssss" 'invasion of' style

2: good point, in the uk you can pretty much get the iphone on owt nowadays, i got a 3g one on o2, so you pay 10 a year for a new sim card and have free internet anywhere, in the states it might be very different.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    ...then i got a free ipod nano and whent all "join usssss" 'invasion of' style
    Ain't that the truth! Same happened to me - once I had one, all I wanted was more of them.

I swear, sometimes I think iPods are just used for mind control.... *puts on tinfoil hat*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Ain't that the truth! Same happened to me - once I had one, all I wanted was more of them.

I swear, sometimes I think iPods are just used for mind control.... *puts on tinfoil hat*
    i think its more likely that rebellious misanthropic voice in all of us saw a popular item and was all "look at those sheep, im fukkin taking a stand against the man!" internally. then you get one and go "oh , its just popular because its good"

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm a Sansa MP3 player freak. I have 4. I will not buy an Ipod, but I did win one at the company xmas party last year. Guess where it is?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    can never understand why people own mre than one mp3 player at a time. a guy i know has 3 zunes, three! and each with a different genre of music. my iphone has 16 gigs of whatever im into at the time, and thats always changing. i have one, i charge one, i carry one with hours of what i like on it, why have more than that?