Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: XBox One vs PS4 (consoles)

Administrator

England
    Wow! So the PS4 is only 5cm thick, and has the PSU in there? God! I hope they've not caused a potential overheating issue!? Or it has loud fans!?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

Germany
    I am hoping for Peltier cooling.

Super Moderator

Germany
    The current gen of consoles were touted to be able to produce 1080P rendered games however few were ever produced. I think people buying next gen systems will feel cheated if game developers release games in 720P.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    The 1080p/60fps are happening on the last one you'd expect.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    The current gen of consoles were touted to be able to produce 1080P rendered games however few were ever produced. I think people buying next gen systems will feel cheated if game developers release games in 720P.
    Gamers in general are always cheated. They whine and complain, but they'll inevitably buy the damn system and the corporation will make billions. Same old story, over and over again. Rinse and repeat.

You'd think these whiners would eventually just stop buying the stuff, but they can't....

Super Moderator

Germany
    They say that The Last of Us is 720P and the visuals are astonishing on the PS3 so resolution may not be everything, but given the raw power of the PS4 as well as a chipset platform that is well known (x86) I think most gamers would expect that they could eek out 1080P60 with some bells and whistles.

Super Moderator

UK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbIAN-djdfc

Interesting ... PS4's lower price is down to removing the "Eye" from the console as standard ... while it may prove bad for the "Eye" tech itself, I don't think consumers will give a stuff. They don't want Kinect forced on them, and a cheaper price is very attractive.

Super Moderator

Germany
    Even if you buy the Eye separately you are still end up paying $40 less in the U.S.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Well EDGE seems to have their mind made up. Considering microsoft studios has a monetary stake in the magazine imagine theres some angry phonecalls being made about this one.

Administrator

England
    ^^ w o w !

But let's not forget...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Well EDGE seems to have their mind made up. Considering microsoft studios has a monetary stake in the magazine imagine theres some angry phonecalls being made about this one.
    Gutsy cover I guess. Though it makes me wonder perhaps it was conceived before the microsoft DRM backpaddle?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Gutsy cover I guess. Though it makes me wonder perhaps it was conceived before the microsoft DRM backpaddle?
    Well thats the thing isn't it? the term "console war" was thought up by these gaming magazines to start "us vs them" advertising, controversy and opinion can often garner a sale.

Administrator

England
    Developers suggest PS4 is 50% faster than XBox One - http://www.edge-online.com/news/powe...e-performance/

PlayStation 4 is currently around 50 per cent faster than its rival Xbox One. Multiple high-level game development sources have described the difference in performance between the consoles as “significant” and “obvious.”
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Bloody nora! That's a bit of a discrepancy between the two of them!

I've still not made my mind up, and won't for some time yet ... but if this really is true, then good lord, that's a decision-maker right there I'd say.

Super Moderator

United States
    This is why I'm glad I'm waiting. Not sure how much it would matter in the end, if all my friends opted for one console over the other.

Then again, I may leave consoles behind going forward, but that'd be hard for me.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany