Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And for the love of God! Please don't...

United States

And for the love of God! Please don't...

bring Morgan back. I love the character and his story. But the way his last episode was handled with Rick was beautifully done. It was effective. In a sense of realism we would never see that character again. I want to always wonder about him the same way I wonder about Peter and Franny.

For some reason and I'm gonna hate if this happens, but I have a feeling they are gonna have Morgan ride in like the calvary to save the day while the war is on. They do that, I have to walk away. The writers in my opinion at least have done a pretty good job of not jumping the shark. Every time I feel its going to happen it doesn't, the story line is saved. I hope to god this doesn't happen.

Morgan lost his mind, that's what happens to people in an apocalyptic world. Rick tried and didn't happen, leave it at that.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    bring Morgan back. I love the character and his story. But the way his last episode was handled with Rick was beautifully done. It was effective. In a sense of realism we would never see that character again. I want to always wonder about him the same way I wonder about Peter and Franny.

For some reason and I'm gonna hate if this happens, but I have a feeling they are gonna have Morgan ride in like the calvary to save the day while the war is on. They do that, I have to walk away. The writers in my opinion at least have done a pretty good job of not jumping the shark. Every time I feel its going to happen it doesn't, the story line is saved. I hope to god this doesn't happen.

Morgan lost his mind, that's what happens to people in an apocalyptic world. Rick tried and didn't happen, leave it at that.
    Nice idea. I like it...I won'twalk away from TWD if they don't this however...gotta take the rough with the smooth, especially when it is the only zombie TV series around.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Morgan rocks both as a character and as an actor. I really liked his walker traps idea. Another would be to position yourself on the roof of a building and rig a cinderblock tied to a rope that's long enough to reach the ground.

Do whatever you can to draw walkers to the foot of the building (gunshots, airhorn, shouts, etc). When you have a decent size walker crowd below, you let your cinderblock and gravity do all the work. After the last walker is DEAD dead from the repeated drops, drag the bodies to the firepit. At least you wouldn't need to use all of those rodents as bait.
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 11-Apr-2013 at 05:37 PM. Reason: edit
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I agree that his last episode was beautiful, but I imagine they'll want to bring him back at some point. Especially now that Lennie James is headlining another AMC show. They've got him in their pocket for now.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I agree that his last episode was beautiful, but I imagine they'll want to bring him back at some point. Especially now that Lennie James is headlining another AMC show. They've got him in their pocket for now.
    I'd love for them to leave the character be, but as you say, I doubt that's in the cards, unless Lennie James ends up over-obligated.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Morgan joining the group would be a hoot simply because he would out crazy Rick lol. I'm still wondering how the group is going to escape the horde of geriatrics eating their survival Maypo at the prison. Maybe Morgan can show up and be left in charge of the ex-Woodburians while our heroes boogie the hell outta there.
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 12-Apr-2013 at 12:28 AM. Reason: edit

Ireland
    I dunno, I'd like to see Morgan become a full time member of team prison. But, I certain understand Harleydude's concerns.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I dunno, I'd like to see Morgan become a full time member of team prison.
    That's interesting, as had I been asked in advance, I would have bet you'd be all about just dropping the character along the lines of Harleydude's reasoning.

Mind if I ask, is it Lennie James' acting chops, just the idea of a new mentally-out-of-whack character in the mix or something else entirely that attracts you to the idea of him joining 'Team Prison'?

Again, I appreciate James' acting abilities (though he is getting a bit played out in comi-con style roles, I think), but I'm right on line with Harleydude's thinking on this one and I feel it's more apropos to let the character go.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    My reasoning for keeping Morgan vaguely around our heroes has more to do with his intense acting abilities moreso than anything with the plot itself. Lennie simply brings an emotional depth to the character of Morgan that's always interesting. The actor was in a tv mini series several years back (forgot the name and just how many years lol) about a post nuclear apocalypse in the USA, and Lennie was a CIA operative of some sort undercover. Again, an intense and compelling performance.

So to chuck him from the TWD storyline all together can be done now or at some future time, but I still enjoy what Lennie brings to the episodes that he's in.
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 13-Apr-2013 at 12:34 AM. Reason: edit

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    That's interesting, as had I been asked in advance, I would have bet you'd be all about just dropping the character along the lines of Harleydude's reasoning.

Mind if I ask, is it Lennie James' acting chops, just the idea of a new mentally-out-of-whack character in the mix or something else entirely that attracts you to the idea of him joining 'Team Prison'?

Again, I appreciate James' acting abilities (though he is getting a bit played out in comi-con style roles, I think), but I'm right on line with Harleydude's thinking on this one and I feel it's more apropos to let the character go.
    Probably cos James, in his short time on screen, as created an excellent rounded "everyman" character. Morgan's story in the TV series is wonderfully tragic and yet little of it appears on camera. His wife is brown bread, so is his kid and he's clearly in a very delicate mental state and James has done a great job at making the viewer understand his tragedy and even fill in the gaps. (I probably should have just said "Yeh, Lennie James' acting chops" ha ha)

I don't think Morgan's beyond saving though. I wonder if his current mental state is due to the loss of his boy. We don't know how long it's been since his death. It could have been a few days before Rick and Co. showed up and if introduced to a new environment, he could adjust back to some semblance of normality. Sure, everyone's been through the (mental) mill on the show.

I suppose I just like the story of Morgan and his boy and just want to see more of his character. Both of the times, when Morgan has been on the show have produced some of the best scenes of 'The Walking Dead'.

Although, as I said, i completely understand the POV that Harleydude (and yourself) have expressed.

Maybe I'm just hoping for better writing in the next series?
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I would like to see him join the group just so people can stop their iditotic racist rants about them allowing only one or two African Americans on the show at a single time.

Scotland
    IMO the primary cause behind Morgan's altered personality was the manner in which he lost Duane. He blames himself for not just simply failing to protect his son, but also for directly causing his death. He's tormented by the rationale that if he'd had the courage to shoot his wife when the perfect opportunity arose his son would still be alive.

I agree that Morgan can come back from "Clearville" if he has contact with people again and doesn't remain isolated, although I have mixed feelings about whether the character should return. If he doesn't his exit is very stylish. Aside from Lennie James' acting skills, maybe one of the reasons why Morgan played so well was because of the minimal exposure ?
    Last edited by Morto Vivente; 13-Apr-2013 at 06:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Super Moderator

United States
    I would like to see him join the group just so people can stop their iditotic racist rants about them allowing only one or two African Americans on the show at a single time.
    Man, that is a pretty thick-headed and repellant thing for people to complain about, if you ask me. Pretty racist, too.

There's quite a few black cast members, especially when looking at the percentages of the representative population, not to mention they are prominent cast members. Even TDawg who was pretty much token and the lesser of the long term black characters was on for a good length of time, even if criminally underdeveloped (largely due to a heavy commitment to multiple story lines for other characters).

Scotland
    Are there any protests concerning the fact that there's only one Asian character or are they only centered around African Americans ?
    Last edited by Morto Vivente; 14-Apr-2013 at 12:46 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Morto Vivente View Post
    Are there any protests concerning the fact that there's only one Asian character or are they only centered around African Americans ?
    I'm not really put off by the lack of Asians mate. The story takes place in the rural areas of Georgia afterall, although I didn't see many Asian walkers in Atlanta scenes. Honestly though, I think it's a bit odd how many viewers feel they need characters of the same race (gender, creed, sexual thing, etc) as themselves in order to identify with the characters instead of just enjoying what is offered. Too many people these days are "special snowflakes" I think.
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 18-Apr-2013 at 12:26 AM. Reason: edit