Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead......the movie

United States

The Walking Dead......the movie

I do not have the link to the interview. But the actor that plays Tyrese agreed with the interviewer and believes it would be a great idea for a TWD movie. My initial thought was hell no. But maybe an alternate story with a completely different cast set in TWD universe might be ok. Thoughts please.

Dying

United States
    I'd go see Frank Darabonts "Black Hawk Down with zombies" in theaters a half dozen times.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post
    I'd go see Frank Darabonts "Black Hawk Down with zombies" in theaters a half dozen times.
    Yes, please.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Dang two replies. Haha. Well I never have much luck when I start threads. But boy would a movie with Frank at the helm get me excited. I'd settle for him to open season 4 with another 1.5 hour epic story.

Administrator

England
    Would be interesting seeing a nice 150 minute dedicated film!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'd see it of course, but I really have no interest in a movie. The whole idea of TWD was the never ending zombie film and that's why Kirkman agreed with Darabont to do a show. He'd turned down dozens of offers for movies in the years prior. TWD needs to stay as the constant story.

Ireland
    Yeh, What bassman said.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

United States
    I also agree with Bassman. Leave it as a long running, continuous, arduous story.

That said, if the lure of cash proves too strong, I'd hope they'd bring a good product, not using the existing cast or main characters. Hell, make a version based on the videogame, which in some cases had better writing than the TV show.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just judging from popularity with the fans, I'd wager they'll make a movie with Daryl Dixon. I like the character, but in a lot of ways it bothers me how he's seemed to outshine Rick and Carl in the eyes of most fans...

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Just judging from popularity with the fans, I'd wager they'll make a movie with Daryl Dixon. I like the character, but in a lot of ways it bothers me how he's seemed to outshine Rick and Carl in the eyes of most fans...
    It bothers me how action-movie unrealistic his exploits and affectations are

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    It bothers me how action-movie unrealistic his exploits and affectations are
    I actually think his character arc so far has been great. He's gone from the rude redneck in Season One, to the lovable and valuable member of the group in Season Three. I think he's a great character, actually. I'm just saying that he's so popular that if they make a movie, he'll be in it. I mean...they've already made a game and he's the focus....

United States
    I have really enjoyed Daryl Dixon character arc. No doubt his popularity has soared and I have no problem with that. He should be ahead of Carl but not Rick. As much as I want Daryl's story to continue Rick is the main drive that is TWD. A movie about Daryl would be a bad choice IMO. If it was a prequel we would get full on redneck Daryl and that isn't gonna work. I suppose if be rides off into the sunset from the TV version to allow a movie role....even that would be suspect. I just hope if it is done they pick up a different cast and story.

United States
    How about a movie of short stories, like Creepshow?
    A bit about Merle's path to Woodbury, maybe one on the demise of the Vatos, or what happened with the Mexican family that split early on. Different thangs...

Administrator

England
    ^ Hey that's not a bad idea! In effect like a group of the webisodes, maybe with a thread tying some of them togethor?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Scotland
    I'd love to see those loose ends tied up. "Was it Merle that took the truck out of Atlanta or someone we haven't seen yet" ?

Vatos Defense Programme.

Last edited by Morto Vivente; 17-May-2013 at 04:02 PM. Reason: spelling
    Come on Robin, to the Bat Cave! There's not a moment to lose!