Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Walker <-- terrible actor

United States

Paul Walker <-- terrible actor

I caught Fast & Furious on TV the other night ago, and realized that Paul Walker has got to be one of the worst working actors in Hollywood. I had seen this dude in several other movies before, and he is consistently bad, yet he keeps on getting these high profile gigs. What the hell?

I should say that I do not know this guy personally, so my dislike is not in any way a personal issue, just a matter of really not grooving with his acting and total surprise that with all of the fine actors out there that this guy keeps on getting gigs.

Am I alone in my disdain, or do any of you feel the same way?
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I haven't seen much of his work, but I thought he was good in Running Scared. Pretty cool flick, if you haven't seen it...check it out.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I haven't seen much of his work, but I thought he was good in Running Scared. Pretty cool flick, if you haven't seen it...check it out.
    I will do that. Perhaps he is a great actor, just directed badly in the films I have seen. I will give Running Scared a shot.
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    He's one of those assholish men's-man action movie "actors" - like Jason Statham - that clearly think actual acting (i.e. portraying emotions) is for queers and instead just walk around with a blank stoic look on their faces all the time.

Undisclosed
    Running Scared is a great flick.

pJ
    "See you in L.A., Marvin." - Jack Walsh

Super Moderator

United States
    I agree some of his early acting comes off a little flat, but I'll keep an open mind. I'll give this Running Scared movie a look when I get the chance. Thanks for the heads up on that, Bassman.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    yeah, running scared is pretty good, but the end is confusing as fuck. 8 below was decent, and he had a minor role in flags of our fathers, but other than that, i've not seen him in too many movies where he came off as likeable....but maybe it's just the characters he plays, who knows.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I agree some of his early acting comes off a little flat, but I'll keep an open mind. I'll give this Running Scared movie a look when I get the chance. Thanks for the heads up on that, Bassman.

Yeah, I too will try to be fair and keep an open mind, and reserve my judgement until after I see Running Scared.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    He's one of those assholish men's-man action movie "actors" - like Jason Statham - that clearly think actual acting (i.e. portraying emotions) is for queers and instead just walk around with a blank stoic look on their faces all the time.
    How dare you come in here advocating that poncy pretend acting mumbo jumbo. Steven Segal would not be amused...

Canada
    You watched Fast and the furious?

Why?

Sweden
    Most teenage girls probably find him good looking... So, hot guys that look cool so any person no matter what gender they are like them + hot and fast cars and lots of explosions... What more do you need to make a movie look good? Ugh.

United States
    Fast and Furious made an estimated 72 million this weekend:

http://boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

United States
    so i'm sure we'll be treated to yet another fast/furious movie since this one did so well....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post

Wont be the first time Hollywood created a cash machine by catering to the lowest common denominator. A movie with slick cars, high speed chases, big explosions, male actors that appeal to little tween girls, and just enough of a hint of sex to make it interesting to the male tweens without losing a PG-13 rating.

Quote Originally Posted by gallowisgod View Post
    Most teenage girls probably find him good looking... So, hot guys that look cool so any person no matter what gender they are like them + hot and fast cars and lots of explosions... What more do you need to make a movie look good? Ugh.
    And a budget that rivals the gross national product of many third world nations. "Ugh" indeed.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 05-Apr-2009 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post

... D8 ...

I'll try to ignore it and be happy over the fact that Coraline is bringing in some money atleast. (stopmotion productions in large scales = awesome!)