Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Incredible Hulk... Looks poor...

Administrator

England

The Incredible Hulk... Looks poor...

...sorry but every trailer I've seen for this film just makes it look bad...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    same here, though when i say so people throw a **** fit going "but *whatshisname* was in fight club!?!"

the first trailer gave away the entire movie, and what i saw was a 3rd rate movie compared to iron man or batman begins.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It doesn't look like anything incredible(pun intended), but I think it will at the very least be an entertaining one-time popcorn flick like Iron Man. No way do I expect it to be as good as Batman Begins or Superman.

Canada
    edward norten. I dislike him alot, apparently, he was throwing his weight around to make sure it was the film *he* envisioned.

so be happy if this is true, and the movie flops; he will be labled a twerp.
    Last edited by mista_mo; 15-May-2008 at 02:27 PM.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    edward norten. I dislike him alot, apparently, he was throwing his weight around to make sure it was the film *he* envisioned.

so be happy if this is true, and the movie flops; he will be labled a twerp.
    From what I've read he had to fight with the producers because they kept messing with the script and it looks like he probably didn't push them hard enough.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've heard Norton can be a bit of an ass to work with, but I think he's a great actor. He finished American History X himself, so that definitely gives him filmmaking points in my book. I also thought Keeping the Faith was pretty good for what it is.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I also thought Keeping the Faith was pretty good for what it is.
    I'm not even aware of this film. Something new to look into. I've genuinely enjoyed and appreciated his performances in everything I've seen him (that comes to mind). With that said, I could believe that he might be tough to work with, as you mentioned, Bassman.

This Hulk movie however, has bomb written all over it

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    First of all, It's gotta be better that Ang Lee's piece of crap. Second of all, Ed Norton and Tim Roth (two of my favorite actors)in the same movie is awesome!!

I do have to say however that I am unimpressed with the Hulk's boyish looks. His face is all sensitive and human. Not nearly menacing enough
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    just watched a preview for this and even though like clangee, i am a fan of both norton and roth, i really have lost any inclination to see this.

another 20 foot tall CGI character with a ridiculous and almost comical looking physique and the face of a toddler? think i'll pass. bring back another lou ferigno-sized dude jumping through cheap sets and screaming his head off and i'd probably watch it. this really doesn't seem like that much of a departure from the last craptacular hulk film....so no thanks.

officially off my radar.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 04-Jun-2008 at 06:25 AM.

Undisclosed
    I hate CGI ...made filmmakers so ****ing lazy

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post

so you'd rather someone develop a case of sudden gigantism and be painted green raither than use CGI?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    I don't hate CGI, I just hate it when it's used poorly...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post

officially off my radar.
    Yeah, that just about sums it up for me.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i thought the first movie was utter crap, so i see no real reason why this one will be any better. i agree with neil, everything i've seen about this movie looks poorly done.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    actually i like dthe origional, though yeah this one looks like balls.