Thread: Irony...

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed

Irony...

We have a Rememberance Sunday for all those that perished in wars...and the resounding message seems to be "we must never forget that this happened"...

But each year, each month, and each day that isn't rememberance Sunday, we completely forget to stop waging wars with each other. We forget about the death, destruction, hate, ignorance, fear, and distrust that humanity felt in those dark years and continue to lose sons, fathers, daughters and mothers to exactly the same things which we profess to be "remembering".

If you ask me it's a bit of an insult to those that have died, that we still can't collectively get our acts together to bring peace and solidarity to the world.

Maybe I'm just way too idealogical...or maybe most of the world are hypocrites.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

England
    I dont think its an insult,the people who fought in those previous wars did their duty at the time & brought about the end of that particular conflict.There will always be wars in this world because someone,somewhere always has something to fight for.Unless everybody in the world is brainwashed into having identical beliefs,morals & loyalties then there will always be a place for conflict to start,thats just the way it is...

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I dont think its an insult,the people who fought in those previous wars did their duty at the time & brought about the end of that particular conflict.There will always be wars in this world because someone,somewhere always has something to fight for.Unless everybody in the world is brainwashed into having identical beliefs,morals & loyalties then there will always be a place for conflict to start,thats just the way it is...
    I agree - conflict doesn't have to resolve itself with war though. Every day there will be conflict...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Little of both, but you're probably right. Man, humans suck. We have wars all the time, but we never know exactly why.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    We have wars all the time, but we never know exactly why.
    Sure, we do: money, greed and power. Don't be brainwashed into believing it's about ideological or political conflict.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Oh yeah... I don't worry about those things personally, so I sometimes forget that others do... weaklings.