Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you ?

United States

Would you ?

I got a qustion for you guys..If there was a zombie outbreak would you go to the mall ? Wouldnt the mall have alot of zombies ?

United States
    I wouldn't go to my local mall, that's for sure. It's nothing but clothing and jewelry stores; they don't sell so much as a wiffleball bat. I'd be stuck fighting hordes of zombies with my bare hands.

United States
    I know would not go to the mall...Knowing my luck there would be a **** load of zombies there..I would just go to a gun store ...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    I wouldn't go to my local mall, that's for sure. It's nothing but clothing and jewelry stores; they don't sell so much as a wiffleball bat. I'd be stuck fighting hordes of zombies with my bare hands.
    Sma as you. The only thing I can think of that qualifes as a weapon at my mall is....a saw.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Well, there's a shopping "district" not too far away from me, with two malls, an IKEA (surprise!) and a... Wal-Mart of sorts. Would I go there? Maybe. It's not to far away from me, I can make it by bike within 10 minutes. I might check it out. Around here, we're not too densely populated so even if a quarter of the population got zombified they'd be spread out across a pretty wide area.

But truth be told, if I had said bike, and I had that time, I might as well just bike down to the beach. Would take around 40 minutes, maybe. And from there, a small island, maybe. Or bike down to a friend of mine, who lives further down the coast. Very, very few houses, and one hell of a cool beach. And there's this island in the middle of nowhere, which you can wade too. That'd be a pretty safe spot to sit at, because if any zombies (of which there would be veeeery few) would try to take you on, they'd have to wade through several hundred yards of water, and even before that, they'd be visible for maybe half-a-kilometer.

So... erh... No. No mall. Sorry, got carried away.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by NEMESIS23 View Post
    I know would not go to the mall...Knowing my luck there would be a **** load of zombies there..I would just go to a gun store ...

I wouldn't go to my local mall, that is for sure. And as for a gun store, likely everyone would be looting that at the first sign of a breakdown of society, so I'm not certain that would be where I would head either.

Think in a zombie apocalypse you might be at a greater risk from other survivors than the zombies, so I think I would be headed away from where people are, out to the wilderness, and set up camp somewhere far, far away from cities and towns.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'd go to my local Home Depot, which is in a MASSIVE center of consumerism, including a gigantic supermarket that'd be able to feed me and others for a very long time.

It's right up the street from the mall, so I'd probably check the mall for other survivors at some point.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I wouldn't go to my local mall, that is for sure. And as for a gun store, likely everyone would be looting that at the first sign of a breakdown of society, so I'm not certain that would be where I would head either.

Think in a zombie apocalypse you might be at a greater risk from other survivors than the zombies, so I think I would be headed away from where people are, out to the wilderness, and set up camp somewhere far, far away from cities and towns.
    You got it. Any place you can think of that you want to hole up/loot there's gonna be plenty of other people who think of the same thing. Best to head for the hills, away from people.

United States
    My mall is nothing but clothing stores, jewelry stores, cell phone kiosks and coffee shops. I can't think of one useful thing there.

Super Moderator

United States
    I would not go to...

The local mall
    The local Walmart
    The local Home Depot
    The closest Military Base
    Local Police Departments
    Local hospitals

All bad ideas. Places to get shot, bitten, swarmed or pillaged during an outbreak. And half of them are hard to fortify or get 'exclusive' dominion over during an outbreak, in most cases. Now, after an outbreak and a large die off, some of those places might be an option to loot and/or possibly fortify, or you might not be shot outright at an extant military base (maybe...).

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    I'd stock up on arms, raid a grocery store, and then go with the flow, I wouldn't lock myself anywhere, that seems a scenerio that always fails, in the movies anyway.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by NEMESIS23 View Post
    I got a qustion for you guys..If there was a zombie outbreak would you go to the mall ? Wouldnt the mall have alot of zombies ?
    I was going to make mention of the word "qustion", but you had a fit in another post over this...

Hehehe

I would raid the store (gun and Food) then head home and secure the perimeter.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I would not go to...

The local mall
    The local Walmart
    The local Home Depot
    The closest Military Base
    Local Police Departments
    Local hospitals

All bad ideas. Places to get shot, bitten, swarmed or pillaged during an outbreak. And half of them are hard to fortify or get 'exclusive' dominion over during an outbreak, in most cases. Now, after an outbreak and a large die off, some of those places might be an option to loot and/or possibly fortify, or you might not be shot outright at an extant military base (maybe...).
    Home Depot is a great idea! Every time I'm there, I scope out how easy it would be to fortify. First of all, it was ONE main entrance, which has a giant metal shield that can be pulled down and locked. Then there is plenty of metal/wood/etc inside to really reinforce that entrance.

The back loading docks' doors are made of metal, plus they're like 5-6 feet off the outside ground (zombies can't climb).

Then there's probably one or two small doors for maintenance entrances, but they can easily be bricked over/reinforced from the inside.

After that, you could use all of the left-over wood/metal/whatnot and build a safe living quarters ON TOP of all of the shelves, which would put you about 15 feet in the air, if the zombies ever WERE to somehow get in. From there, you're not far from the ceiling and there are hatches that lead to the roof, so you could use them as your entrance/exit.

It could easily be a palace, in my opinion.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Home Depot is a great idea!
    Well, unless you run into some very fortuitous circumstances then you will have a great time with all your new friends (the other people looting the location). Good luck getting them to cooperate with you. Not saying that it couldn't happen, but...I doubt it would work out very prettily.

After an outbreak runs the larger portion of its course and the population drops dramatically or is sealed up in their barricaded homes, I can agree that a location like some Home Depots might be recoverable and good to work with, but I think it would be a death trap to head to the local one near the beginning of an outbreak, barring unusual circumstances such as a highly geographically isolated location...though most big-box retailers aren't that isolated. Perhaps if you or someone you know works there and get in during off-hours at the beginning of an outbreak, but then you'd be 'looting' and be considered an illegal occupant by whatever civil or municipal authorities might still be active.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Okay okay, you're right. I guess I'd wait it out at the Lowe's Home Improvement until everyone left the Home Depot.