Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: holy crap this is THE worst acting i have ever seen.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

holy crap this is THE worst acting i have ever seen.

whilst the last two guys seem realistic, like the guys in blair witch the first guy really thinks he's a legend in his own mind, but this is hands down the worst acting in the world, he tries to be way to "real adn serious", but the others dont and come off as more realistic.
    i can safely say anyone whos posted a short film on here can act rings around that guy, i just had to post this thing.

capncnut
    The 2nd guy - that was Star Wars Kid wasn't it?

Canada
    your right the first guy was terrible and the star wars kid was no better
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

United States
    Now, now, boys--we can't all make The Necro Files our first time out the gate, or even our second. But the third time's the charm, at least for me!
    DEATHBREED: A Zombie Novel
    by Todd Tjersland, The Visionary Overlord of American Horror
    Creator of The Necro Files and Faces of Gore

Banned User

United States
    that was creepy.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Tjersland View Post
    Now, now, boys--we can't all make The Necro Files
    never heard of it.

capncnut
    Funny you should say that, neither have I.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    just googled it

"A cannibal rapist rises from the grave as a flesh-eating zombie sex maniac! Two Seattle cops, a satanic cult and a flying demon fetus try to stop the lust-crazed ghoul before he can kill again."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0203726/

what kind of person would pay to see that though is beyond me.

capncnut
    Sounds like one of them films you get on Eurotrash.

Super Moderator

UK
    I've seen worse ... much worse in fact.

Yeah the first guy is over-the-top, but it's hardly serious. My main grievances are "really, another blair witch thing?" as well as the friggin' over-exposure, I hate whited-out DV footage with a passion.

Speaking of acting in indie movies, I think a problem a lot of folk have is they're all-too-aware they're acting and they're in front of a camera, so they automatically get melodramatic, somehow thinking you have to amp up your performance because the camera can't pick up subtlety or something random like that.

Really, you just have to try and believe what you're saying, don't think of yourself as this character created by your friend who's written it, think of yourself as just that - yourself - so to you, it's you who is in the situation ... then you just have to try and act in a more relaxed manner.

Now it's easier said than done, because some people really can't act (but they think they can - another mistake, a lot of people think they can rock acting, but it's actually pretty damn hard). When I reading through my scripts as I'm writing them, I'm acting them out, and it sounds pretty decent there, on my own, with no camera, reading it from the page, in my head ... but in fact, it sucks - and I know I'm not cut out for acting, I don't wanna be an actor ... that's why if I ever have to put myself on screen, I just act as a non-speaking person pulling weird faces...like in IAZM2.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If you think that is bad acting you clearly haven't seen the $500,000 mega disaster Children of the Living Dead.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    I'd advise renting some Full Moon Productions or Troma movies if you REALLY want to see bad acting. These two asshats appear to be from the William Shatner school of bad acting. Over vocalization, empahsis on words, obviously reading from cue cards.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I've seen worse ... much worse in fact.

Yeah the first guy is over-the-top, but it's hardly serious. My main grievances are "really, another blair witch thing?" as well as the friggin' over-exposure, I hate whited-out DV footage with a passion.

Speaking of acting in indie movies, I think a problem a lot of folk have is they're all-too-aware they're acting and they're in front of a camera, so they automatically get melodramatic, somehow thinking you have to amp up your performance because the camera can't pick up subtlety or something random like that.

Really, you just have to try and believe what you're saying, don't think of yourself as this character created by your friend who's written it, think of yourself as just that - yourself - so to you, it's you who is in the situation ... then you just have to try and act in a more relaxed manner.

Now it's easier said than done, because some people really can't act (but they think they can - another mistake, a lot of people think they can rock acting, but it's actually pretty damn hard). When I reading through my scripts as I'm writing them, I'm acting them out, and it sounds pretty decent there, on my own, with no camera, reading it from the page, in my head ... but in fact, it sucks - and I know I'm not cut out for acting, I don't wanna be an actor ... that's why if I ever have to put myself on screen, I just act as a non-speaking person pulling weird faces...like in IAZM2.

what i do is set up the camera, get everyone in front of the camera, start filming and tell an obscene joke, get em laughing in front of the camera, then they talk for a minute, then i make em practice the scene without the camera, then when i set the camera up there ready to go.

United States
    The music was really loud and overbearing.
    That is a way worse disster than the bad acting.
    I made it through about 2 Minutes.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    it was the pirates of the caribbean theme wasnt it?