Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Ratings hit!

United States
    Ratings for 07-01 and 07-02 will tell us a lot regarding fallout.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Ratings for 07-01 and 07-02 will tell us a lot regarding fallout.
    Hmmm ... I think most/all people will be tuning in to see who snuffs it. Now, if the secret gets leaked then that'll have more of an impact on the "I need to know who died!" crowd (which is any self-respecting TWD fan).

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Hmmm ... I think most/all people will be tuning in to see who snuffs it. Now, if the secret gets leaked then that'll have more of an impact on the "I need to know who died!" crowd (which is any self-respecting TWD fan).
    It will be leaked before then. Now I have thought how the writers could deter spoiler. Lets say Abraham or Glenn is victim. The dead one obviously leaves set. The other gets written out of show for first 8 episodes as if they went on a run. Otherwise by 3rd week of filming, the deceased should be discovered. Or(thought just hit me) 07-2 and several more could be Morgan/Carol Kingdom stuff plus Negan episodes. At end of the day I still believe it will be spoiled

Super Moderator

UK
    http://movieweb.com/walking-dead-sea...-tv-show-2016/

18.4m for Live+3 ratings.

Seems there's been a little move for some viewers towards 'time shift' viewing of TWD.

England
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

England

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    I was thinking it'd be 5-point-something million. Premieres always get the big numbers while the following episodes buck around all over the place, but the second episode always sees a drop. It'll be interesting to see how the figures play out over the course of the season. Will it regain to 6-something, or drop further down into 4-something? Might season 3 necessitate a budget cut if the figures get too low over the course of the season? Are we going to see an inverse of what happened with TWD's figures (which just kept going up)? Too early to tell, of course ... we'll see, eh?
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 20-Apr-2016 at 09:48 AM.

England
    I was thinking it'd be 5-point-something million. Premieres always get the big numbers while the following episodes buck around all over the place, but the second episode aways sees a drop. It'll be interesting to see how the figures play out over the course of the season. Will it regain to 6-something, or drop further down into 4-something? Might season 3 necessitate a budget cut if the figures get too low over the course of the season? Are we going to see an inverse of what happened with TWD's figures (which just kept going up)? Too early to tell, of course ... we'll see, eh?
    I seem to remember that Breaking Bad and Mad Men were kept going at the early stages with figures of 1-2m so it would be interesting to know what AMC's cancellation threshold is. Obviously it depends on the cost to make but they do seem to back there shows

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    I seem to remember that Breaking Bad and Mad Men were kept going at the early stages with figures of 1-2m so it would be interesting to know what AMC's cancellation threshold is. Obviously it depends on the cost to make but they do seem to back there shows
    This is true, although I think Breaking Bad was on the edge at times. Critical love and Netflix really helped BB catch on. With Mad Men, well, at the time they had little in the way of content - and it was the show that changed what AMC was as a TV channel. Critical reception also goes a long way to help a quality drama on a channel such as AMC. Repeating the whole run is a good idea, too - even going into the final episodes of BB there were folks still catching up on the whole thing - and it really helped cement TWD as the crown jewel in AMC's lineup.

I think FTWD will be safe - but will it's budget remain uncut if the figures drop throughout the season? If so, how will that affect the episodes - especially with sixteen of them coming in season 3? Hmmm...

England

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Part of that could be down to Game of Thrones' return, but part of it could also very well be a slide in viewers generally. FTWD is still a long way away from cancellation ("Turn" is still on the air), but as I said in an earlier post, perhaps a budget cut might be more likely? Or an episode order cut? I'm not sure how the business side of that would shake out as more profitable ... it'll be fascinating to see what happens from here on.

United States
    Part of that could be down to Game of Thrones' return, but part of it could also very well be a slide in viewers generally. FTWD is still a long way away from cancellation ("Turn" is still on the air), but as I said in an earlier post, perhaps a budget cut might be more likely? Or an episode order cut? I'm not sure how the business side of that would shake out as more profitable ... it'll be fascinating to see what happens from here on.
    I told my friends as soon as the timing was announced, AMC was stupid for putting FTWD against the juggernaut GoT.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    I told my friends as soon as the timing was announced, AMC was stupid for putting FTWD against the juggernaut GoT.
    Yep. Going straight into Fear the week after THAT finale didn't really help either.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Yep. Going straight into Fear the week after THAT finale didn't really help either.
    Agreed 100%
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

United States
    Ugh that damn finale... what a mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Snack View Post
    Agreed 100%
    Yep, so do I.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."