Thread: Here we go! Cars hacked through wireless tire sensors!

United States

Here we go! Cars hacked through wireless tire sensors!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    And people still fail to realize the trade off all this technology is costing them.

Sure things are very convienient nowdays but we will pretty much never have privacy again.

Talk about a deal with the devil.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Another reason for me to hate those things....

The sensors on my wife's car go off with "Low Tire Pressure" just about once a week. So I roll out my compressor and gauge to give it a test/refill. Guess what? No air needed.

Sometimes technology is a pain in the ass. Too many sensors on cars these days. It's damn near impossible to work on them yourself.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    And people still fail to realize the trade off all this technology is costing them.

Sure things are very convienient nowdays but we will pretty much never have privacy again.

Talk about a deal with the devil.
    A deal with who? If someone made a deal with me I'm unaware and I'm not seeing the residuals, I'm gonna be pissed. This is unacceptable and needs further investigation.

Y'know darth, I've said many times to many people that technology does not grant more freedom - it's just a longer leash. Most people seem to glance right over that fact. Technology is great, but there's also a great risk for it to be messed with, too. Even something as simple and seemingly irrevelant like tire pressure sensors.

I swear, I so want to be able to pull up next to someone driving down the highway with these things, hack into into their car and flip on the windshield wipers and lower all the power windows!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    A deal with who? If someone made a deal with me I'm unaware and I'm not seeing the residuals, I'm gonna be pissed. This is unacceptable and needs further investigation.

Y'know darth, I've said many times to many people that technology does not grant more freedom - it's just a longer leash. Most people seem to glance right over that fact. Technology is great, but there's also a great risk for it to be messed with, too. Even something as simple and seemingly irrevelant like tire pressure sensors.

I swear, I so want to be able to pull up next to someone driving down the highway with these things, hack into into their car and flip on the windshield wipers and lower all the power windows!
    And don't think someone is not working on that right now.

Seriously whatever has circuits can be hacked into and abused. Yes even stuff at the pentagon. They say cyberspace is going to be the next theater in war. All you would have to do is release the right virus and you could cripple a country instantly.

Scary stuff indeed.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Seriously whatever has circuits can be hacked into and abused. Yes even stuff at the pentagon. They say cyberspace is going to be the next theater in war. All you would have to do is release the right virus and you could cripple a country instantly.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

Where's Kevin Smith when we need him?!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Great reference, Bassman. However, Lou, I'm not getting the Kevin Smith remark?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Great reference, Bassman. However, Lou, I'm not getting the Kevin Smith remark?
    Kevin Smith acted in the reference, Die Hard 4.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ah, there we go. I didn't (nor will I) see Die Hard 4. I was sitting here like "12 Monkeys, awesome! ... Kevin Smith?"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ah, there we go. I didn't (nor will I) see Die Hard 4. I was sitting here like "12 Monkeys, awesome! ... Kevin Smith?"
    As darth mentioned, Die Hard 4 is about virtual terrorism. If you enjoy the first Die Hard films, I suggest you give the unrated DH4 dvd a chance. It's not as bad as some people make it out to be...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As darth mentioned, Die Hard 4 is about virtual terrorism. If you enjoy the first Die Hard films, I suggest you give the unrated DH4 dvd a chance. It's not as bad as some people make it out to be...
    I'll see if one of my room mates has it, or if it's on Netflix instant.

Super Moderator

United States
    I really rather enjoyed it. Saw it in the theater on a date night, we both liked it. The casting was great and it has the unbelievably hot Maggie Q from Balls of Fury in it.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'll see if one of my room mates has it, or if it's on Netflix instant.
    I just checked and it's not on the instant q. It's available for rent though.