Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modern Warfare 2 trailer

United States

Modern Warfare 2 trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/re...-warfare/49655

Looks intense! I can't believe all the detail they're able to inject while still maintaing 60 frames per second.

Edit: gametrailers has really shitty compression, here's a link to a way better quality 60fps version:

http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.c...Reveal.mp4.zip
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 25-May-2009 at 04:35 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, I was literally just about to come and post this.

A nice little surprise it was to see it up on Machinima's YouTube account this morning - and finally, and ACTUAL trailer.

The game looks friggin awesome - the airport stuff, the stuff in the streets with all those cars, and that bit where you get yanked up out of that deep hole that's exploding (in the castle) were all highlights for me.

I've got this on pre-order, and have had it as such for a weeks, and I can't wait to play it. When COD4 exploded onto the scene it was boner-time alright, COD:MW2 is gonna be boner-time plus the happy finish.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 25-May-2009 at 10:42 AM.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I really can't wait for this. I made a dumb move and sold CoD4 just before CoD:WAW came out. World At War was alright, but it just didn't hold my attention very well and the multiplayer was extremely frustrating. Can't wait to get my hands on this because I know Infinity Ward won't stray away from the great formula they had with CoD4.

Super Moderator

UK

That's what I think, basically.

I've been through COD:WAW three times now, and it's a solid game. Not up to Infinity Ward's standards (the X factor is a bit lacking), but way better that COD3 which was all over the place and technically inferior - rushed and ill-fitting to the franchise, so it was.

COD4's the daddy though, so I'm rather looking forward to MW2 - which is apparently LONGER than COD4 - WOOHOO!!!!!

My main complaint about COD4 is the length, it's too bloody short ... and it also feels a bit linear when you replay it a couple of times ... other than that, COD4 was super awesome - and MW2 is looking boner-juicingly great!

England
    In my opinion,the one thing the COD games need to do is move away from the corridor style gameplay,ive loved all the COD games ive played,they totally stole the crown from the medal of honor series!but once you've had one play through,you know where all the trigger points are that kick off certain set pieces & it just becomes a point & click shooting gallery that holds no suprises!

capncnut
    These games all look the bloody same.

<lobs grenade into thread>

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post

<lobs grenade into thread>
    *lobs grenade back to Capn with his Right Button*

(How nerdy was that come back? Awwww yeah).

Tricky - aye, like I was saying earlier, the problem with COD4 (aside from being too bloody short), was that after you'd done it once or twice, you knew the path and method like the back of your hand, and indeed you can rush through a level on a re-play really quickly.

I don't have a problem with scripted events, but they could do with combining those in a wider playing field that's not so path-like.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    *lobs grenade back to Capn with his Right Button*

(How nerdy was that come back? Awwww yeah).
    You want nerdy? Technically, RB stands for Right Bumper.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    ...says the dude who's mastered every tony hawk game ever made.

i wasn't really expecting much more than another cod4, but this trailer has peaked my interest. those rio levels look pretty sharp.

this is being released on the usmc's birthday. seems like they release another cod every year around veteran's day lately...way to honor the troops activision, by taking a bunch of money from them when they're all motardivated and gung-ho.

i'll probably end up getting this, but the call of duty franchise ( and yes, i know this isn't technically a cod game, but it's the same bitch with a different face, if you catch my drift) is starting to remind me of ea sports, the guitar queer-o fad, and a certain skateboarding franchise. yearly installments really suck all the life out of a good idea in a hurry.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    ...says the dude who's mastered every tony hawk game ever made.
    Fair play, I deserved that.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I still haven't played the original Modern Warfare. I guess I should look out for that after Ghostbusters is finished.

United States
    yes, you should probably do that. in fact, you should try to go ahead and complete it before ghostbusters comes out. it's definitely worth checking out....just look at how mz goes on and on about it...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    yes, you should probably do that. in fact, you should try to go ahead and complete it before ghostbusters comes out. it's definitely worth checking out....just look at how mz goes on and on about it...
    I'll definitely look for it, but Ghostbusters comes first, my friend.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I'll definitely look for it, but Ghostbusters comes first, my friend.
    But you can bash through COD4 in a weekend - I did anyway - on easy mode.

Regardless, COD4 rocks every single ball on the planet, human and animal.

So MW2 is going to be super-super-spoodge-worthy-awesome-great. You heard it here first, mark my words - there'll be jizz-plosions across the globe come November 10th.

Awwwwww yeah.

BioShock 2 will have to wait till Xmas methinks, so I can invest time in it more exclusively ... especially if the GTA IV "Episodes" disc comes out in the Autumn (which hopefully it will).

England
    I keep wanting to buy COD4 and play the whole thing through as ive only played the demo (which is great,but as i said before,suffers the COD thing of been pant wettingly awesome the first time round,then utterly linear on replay) the thing thats stopped me so far is that despite the game being around a year & a half old now,its STILL £30 in all games shops,despite the fact other awesome games released around the same time or even as recently as a few months ago can be picked up for a tenner in the local game shop on the bargain shelf,i dont really understand why