Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well I got straight up screwed...!!

Undisclosed

Well I got straight up screwed...!!

All yesterday after noon I was checking the store that I was going to go to for the midnight release of the Wii to see if a line was forming....

So after several checks and the afternoon getting late I decided to head home and call the store for details about the midnight launch.....

I was told "THe MIdnight Launch is canceled store opens at 7am tomorrow goodbye".....

So I stopped worrying about it and waited till the next day....

But apparently people started forming a line at 10pm last night....and the store gave them all tickets reserving them a Wii so they would go away.....so when I showed up int he morning to the modest line I thought sweet Ill get my Wii....

But they were all sold out due to the tickets....

So I rushed to another store that had a later opening....an hour before the store opened there was like a 100 people in line....I was just straight up Fvucked!

WHO KNOWS WHEN Ill GET A Wii NOW....I cant take it.... For how long Ive been waiting to be screwed out of my Wii...graaahhh!!

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Super Moderator

UK
    *oof*

Well, just don't go freezing yourself in the freezer or outside in the snow...

I'm sure you'll get it soon, next shipment that comes in, get one reserved or get in a line or something. They'll no doubt have a buttload more in for Xmas, they'd be stupid not to.

United States
    Don't get fixated on the Wii. Wait a few months until the initial hardware bugs are worked out (there are always problems in the beginning), more games are available, and the price goes down.

As an alternative on ebay people are dumping used Gamecubes, PS2, or Xbox systems with 30+ games for the cost of a new one. For the same $300 you could get two consoles and tons of older games you likely haven't played yet...

Sure it's not the latest and greatest technology, but do you really need to buy into the feeding frenzy of the masses?

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Super Moderator

Germany
    The folks I know that wanted one pre-ordered it. It was a longshot to think that a new game system would be easy to obtain at launch. Like others said, you will probably be able to pick one up before xmas. The key word being probably.

The uncertainty in life is what makes it so exciting.

(Don't worry - just saw on the news that millions are on their way before xmas)

Undisclosed
    That reminds me. I need to pick mine up.

United States
    If you keep looking, you will more than likely get one this year. They aren't hard to manufacture and Nintendo is notorious for having great build quality for their consoles and handhelds, so worrying about bugs shouldn't be an issue.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    still 18 days for us....

but if i cant get one ill wait till its cheaper and with the games that are coming out in mid december like metroid and mario and stuff.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    still 18 days for us...
    Yup, I was kinda peeved about that too. My local Virgin Megastore promised me one for Monday (tomorrow) but I was told yesterday the dude at the counter was mis-informed and made a colossal boo-boo with the release date. BAH!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    still i cant complain to much, i got given a bank book that my gran set up the day i was born and the interest raised the total up to £300 and since i dont need a new car or film camera right now im sure you can guess what its going on

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    Don't get fixated on the Wii. Wait a few months until the initial hardware bugs are worked out (there are always problems in the beginning), more games are available, and the price goes down.
    Nintendo products never have bugs. The bugs are a Sony and Microsoft thing as they rush their products to the market instead of working all the bugs out first.

I feel your pain Terran, I almost didn't get mine, but luckily I had one of the Toys R US launch places near me and a friend willing to wait in line for me while I got stuck at work. I wish you the best of luck in getting one and when you do get it, make sure to buy an extra remote and nunchuck as Wii sports is extremely fun, but even more fun with a second person.
    Last edited by DeadJonas190; 19-Nov-2006 at 08:15 PM.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    and what, pray tell, is your wii fitness age?

Super Moderator

Germany
    If the numbers on Terran's sig are correct, the Wii will definitely outsell the PS3 3-4 times over.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah ,surprising ,though in a good way.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Dont worry youll be able to get one before Xmas.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    If the numbers on Terran's sig are correct, the Wii will definitely outsell the PS3 3-4 times over.
    Yeah almost definitely outsell Sony over the holiday season....but part of that has to do with availibilty of consoles.... I wonder if it will hold up while Sony slowly manufactures more units....

If anything though...if Nintendo sells the majority of their consoles over the holidays it will put them in a great position to dominate a portion of the market....As both the only next gen console in a household or a counter part to either PS3 or Xbox360....An increasing number of exclusive games is making the console all the more appealing....

*sigh*...now if only I had a Wii....maybe Ill be able to snag one on Black Friday....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!