Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your ONE favorite game of all time?

United States

Your ONE favorite game of all time?

In this thread, we discuss your favorite game of all time. Thats right, no lists of your top 5, etc. You have to narrow it down, and tell us why its your favorite.

Mine is Chrono Cross for Playstation. No other game has come close in story, atmosphere or music (best soundtrack ever, in my opinion). Everything about the game flows so well. Surprisingly, the graphics still hold up today. The hand-drawn backgrounds are great. From an idealistic paradise town, to a futuristic, yet dead city, all of the environments are a joy to play through. If I had one complaint though, its that the story gets a bit confusing and convoluted near the end. A small chink in the otherwise pristine armor, though. SquareEnix has yet to come close with a game of this caliber, though I hear Final Fantasy XII is pretty good.

Easily my favorite of all time.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i honestly cannot pick one, theres so many games with so many epic moments, i honestly cannot pick one, thats like picking one favourite movie you mind just cant pick one cus theres so many to pick from.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i honestly cannot pick one, theres so many games with so many epic moments, i honestly cannot pick one, thats like picking one favourite movie you mind just cant pick one cus theres so many to pick from.
    I agree with hellsing. But if you put a gun to my head and i absolutely had to answer i'd have to say resident evil 2.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    If someone tells me how to embed videos, I'll tell you.

United States
    X-COM: UFO Defense One of the few DOS games I've played repeatedly over the years. The objective is to shoot down or capture enemy UFO's and bring items back to base. Scientists research alien technology, engineers produce new weapons and craft to defend earth against enemy attacks. Great game.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    X-COM: UFO Defense One of the few DOS games I've played repeatedly over the years. The objective is to shoot down or capture enemy UFO's and bring items back to base. Scientists research alien technology, engineers produce new weapons and craft to defend earth against enemy attacks. Great game.

It sucks that all these cool ass games are only for the p.c. Does that game still hold up well today?
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Yeah even though the graphics are outdated the gameplay is still good. There was a version for the original Sony Playstation. People used to mention it was slow to save or load games. Not sure perhaps the old Xcom PS disk would work on a PS2 or PS3.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    Yeah even though the graphics are outdated the gameplay is still good. There was a version for the original Sony Playstation. People used to mention it was slow to save or load games. Not sure perhaps the old Xcom PS disk would work on a PS2 or PS3.
    If it's available for the original ps. I may have to check it out one day, it's probably dirt chaep by now. Even if that's the case ebay screws you with those damn shipping costs.

Canada
    warhammer 40,000 Dawn of war: dark crusade.

It is the best strategy game I have played, and i am a huge warhammer fan. put 2 and 2 togetehr and you get 4 as they say.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    warhammer 40,000 Dawn of war: dark crusade.

It is the best strategy game I have played, and i am a huge warhammer fan. put 2 and 2 togetehr and you get 4 as they say.
    Well, literally you would get 22 if you "put"them together. Now if you "add" them it would be 4. Hey, i'm just saying.

Canada

if you put 4 and 4 together you get 44, now divide that by 2 so that's 22, then add 7 to get 29, and we all know what 29 means...

it's the number of times i'm going to punch you in the face.

United States
    Chrono Trigger is my favorite game of all time. I have played through it many times and I absolutly love the game. The story, the game play, even the graphics were fantastic at the time. Even though the graphics are dated now, I still love it because graphics do not make the game, game play does and Chrono Trigger is phenomenal.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Canada
    blades of steel
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog View Post
    blades of steel

I used to love that game!! I always chose 3 fat skaters and 2 skinny ones. How did you do it?

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I used to love that game!! I always chose 3 fat skaters and 2 skinny ones. How did you do it?
    your thinking of another game called ice hocky for nintendo. but i used to play that one all the time to and ya the fat guys had the hard shots so i would go with ussually 3 of them to. i loved the fights to. that game is classic one of my old school favs.
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh