Thread: Escape Plan [film] - Arni and Sly

Administrator

England

Escape Plan [film] - Arni and Sly

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/53689

Mikael Hafstrom directs this prison-set thriller about the man who designs prisons to be escapeproof finding himself wrongly imprisoned in one of his toughest installations.

In the above interview, Canton says Arnold and Sly will have real screentime, with Arnie being much more than a cameo. In fact, he brings up HEAT, obviously drawing parallels between Arnold and Sly and Pacino and De Niro chewing the scenery together.

EDIT: "The Tomb" -> renamed to -> "Escape Plan"
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    I was hoping this was going to be a movie based on The Tomb by F. Paul Wilson.

Stallone and Schwarzenegger are both hypocrites in that they don't want private citizens to own firearms, yet they make movies glamorizing guns.

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Reasonable reviews - http://www.cinemablend.com/reviews/E...Plan-6616.html

Escape Plan whips up enough nostalgic fun from two hard-hitting action heroes who haven’t completely forgotten how to hammer an audience with gratuitous thrills, and I wish more throwbacks like this were part of Sly and Arnold’s collective plan.
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    well ill certainly be watching it, ive grew up watching both there movies and while there never going to win oscars they make fun movies
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

United States
    I saw it tonight, and I thought it was pretty damn good. It takes awhile before Arnie gets thrown into the mix, but they light up the screen when they are together.
    They should've done something when they were bigger because it would've made big dinero.
    Good stuff, and Vinnie Jones as a sadistic guard steals every scene he's in.
    Too bad it didn't kill at the box office. I'd like to see them team up again.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    I saw it tonight, and I thought it was pretty damn good. It takes awhile before Arnie gets thrown into the mix, but they light up the screen when they are together.
    They should've done something when they were bigger because it would've made big dinero.
    Good stuff, and Vinnie Jones as a sadistic guard steals every scene he's in.
    Too bad it didn't kill at the box office. I'd like to see them team up again.
    Cheers! I'll add it to the list...
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Good to hear that it's good, Ron.

I pretty much never go to the cinema anymore these days, so I usually catch up on DVD/BR or Sky Movies. I too will add it to the list.