Thread: RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman - Suspected drugs overdose

Administrator

England

RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman - Suspected drugs overdose

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014...-dead-new-york

The Oscar-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead on Sunday morning in his New York apartment, after a suspected drug overdose. He was 46.

Not sure where this leave the third Hunger Games film? I know he was in the second, and that he was filming the third?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014...-dead-new-york

Not sure where this leave the third Hunger Games film? I know he was in the second, and that he was filming the third?
    A news source ( see if I can find it again, sometime. ) I caught yesterday, said that Hoffman had been just about done with his part on the last two movies when he passed. And the word is that the filmmakers will finish them. I'm wondering if this will be like when Oliver Reed died while doing Gladiator ( with some digital inserts here and there? )
    Regardless, I'm ouraged and sympathetic and confused when talent is thrown out the window like this. And already the dweeb movie fans who only know Philip from Hunger Games, wonder what's the the fuss?

Slight correction; Seymour had just recently completed work on the the third movie ( Mockingjay being split into two films ) so I don't know how this is going to work, since Plutarch Heavensbe is a major player.

This is an article pertaining to the hunger games and his work in it.
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/172...an-death.jhtml
    Last edited by wayzim; 03-Feb-2014 at 01:58 PM. Reason: B'cuz

Administrator

England
    I love his "bad guy" in mission impossible 3. But hell, I even remember him back in films like Twister!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    dude was an absolute scene-stealer everytime he was on the screen. i haven't seen all of his performances, but the ones i've seen (boogie nights, the big lebowski, the master, magnolia, owning mahoney, the 25th hour....), he stood out as a guy who was totally devoted to his craft. here is one of my favorite scenes of his that i cannot help but laugh every time i see it.

while i'm not big on celebrities and meeting famous people, he was one of the few that i actually would have enjoyed conversing with and letting him know how great he was as an actor.

Administrator

England
    There's rumours he was found with a needle still in his arm! FFS!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    There's rumours he was found with a needle still in his arm! FFS!
    That is correct.

Ireland
    I love his "bad guy" in mission impossible 3. But hell, I even remember him back in films like Twister!
    I absolutely hated him in that though.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I absolutely hated him in that though.
    MI3 or Twister?
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    'Twister'. Wasn't he the fat loudmouth annoying git?

Please bear in mind that I haven't seen it since I watched it in the cinema on its release.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    I dunno. He looked about a few cheeseburgers away from a massive heart attack anyway...

Administrator

England
    Four arrested - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-26044915

Four people have reportedly been arrested as part of an investigation into the suspected heroin overdose death of actor Philip Seymour Hoffman.
    -Carl Sagan