Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Looking for some general tattoo advice

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    Got this a few weeks ago. That was right when I got it
    Chai? This is Homepage of the Dead, buddy!
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

United States
    Yeah...

The Living dead
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Touché.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Super Moderator

UK
    *psst* I can see Exatreides nip *snickers*

I'm such a child...

Seriously though, what's that tattoo all about? I kinda recognise the symbol, but don't know anything about what it means.

Also hellsing - that's a pretty nifty idea there, the only downside being you'd only get to see it on occasion ... or if you duct-taped a UV light to your arm ... or became a CSI dude just so you could boast your ink about the place before making a smarmy pun ahead of the titles jump.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Seriously though, what's that tattoo all about? I kinda recognise the symbol, but don't know anything about what it means.
    It's a Star of David with the Hebrew word chai, meaning 'living.' Like in the traditional toast l'chaim! ('to life!') as heard in Fiddler on the Roof.

United States
    Before getting one find out how many thousands of dollars per inch laser tattoo removal costs in your area. Be advised most insurance policies won't cover the procedure.

Know people who got tattoos back in college. One gal had a rose about 2 inches wide and 6 inches long put on her calf.

Now it's 20 years later. Those same people are now older, married with children, working professional jobs. That 'cool' tattoo from 20 years ago is now a source of embarrassment. They either have to pay $ every few years to get the colors redone, or it looks like crap. Not to mention weight gain as you age - stretched out tattoos look really bad.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    Not to mention weight gain as you age - stretched out tattoos look really bad.
    All the more reason, if any was needed, to keep in shape as you get older I know what you mean though, Im 28 now & in pretty decent shape, but a lot of the lads I knew in my teens & early 20's are lugging around spare tyres now already after 10 years of kebabs, beer & McDonalds

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    Not to mention weight gain as you age - stretched out tattoos look really bad.
    Yeah. That "cool" star that girls get will later look like a christmas tree...

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Yeah. That "cool" star that girls get will later look like a christmas tree...
    Its worse when girls get a tattoo round their belly button or that area, then get pregnant & the whole tat gets stretched to hell, then looks like a decorated scrotum once the baby has been born & the tat is stuck in stretch marks!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    So im finishing university soon and im thinking of commemorating being the first person in the family to be a university graduate by getting my first tattoo. Ive thought about getting tattoo's since i was young, but never have because, well im a retard, but im not stupid. God knows that 16 year old at my old work regrets the skull with a topknot that everyone thinks looks like a snake with wil wheatons face fucking a coconut.....
    -Anyway, i figure im mature enough not to get some crap like that and ive had certain designs running through my head since i was 15 or 16 and think this is an event worthy of the excuse to get one. Im not talking anything big, something small on my lower leg or ankle, but i know very little about the actual process and was looking for some advice, god knows you got a good chance of asking a group of horror enthusiasts that some will be inked so anyone got any general information or sage advice i might not find when a-googlin'?
    Best advice you'll ever get: if they call the tattoo machine a gun, run out the door.

United States
    I'm looking to get a new tattoo here in the next couple weeks.

A latin phrase

"Aut inveniam viam aut faciam" Which means, if i can not find a way, I will make one.

Thinking about getting the first half of it on the back of my left arm, and the second half of it on my right arm. Don't know exactly what type of style the words to be in though, thats the roadblock i'm at right now. Any Idea's?
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    I'm looking to get a new tattoo here in the next couple weeks.

A latin phrase

"Aut inveniam viam aut faciam" Which means, if i can not find a way, I will make one.

Thinking about getting the first half of it on the back of my left arm, and the second half of it on my right arm. Don't know exactly what type of style the words to be in though, thats the roadblock i'm at right now. Any Idea's?
    i aint gonna lie, the paraphrase on two arms thing is kind of a meathead exclusive thing over here, but if your positively sure google some fonts up. theres websites like blambot that specialize in all manner of lettering fonts for comic books and it ranges form old west style script to norse runes.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I'm thinking of getting a tattoo of a pair of tits on my forehead, what do you guys think?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    I'm thinking of getting a tattoo of a pair of tits on my forehead, what do you guys think?
    this guy....

*puts on sunglasses*

....must have tits on his mind.

Click

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    this guy....

*puts on sunglasses*

....must have tits on his mind.

Click