Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: So, what happens to most of the members here?

Canada
    They've all run away from me.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Talk about quality people! They still stop in and post from time to time, Chic more than Liam. It'd be great to see more of them.
    Chic and Liam are among the few posters here that I think are extremely good folks!

You get to the point here where you get accustomed to seeing folks around on a frequent basis, so when they drop away for whatever reason you start to miss these folks even though you never met face to face.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Anyone know what Liam and ChicFreak have been up to?
    Talk about quality people! They still stop in and post from time to time, Chic more than Liam. It'd be great to see more of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Chic and Liam are among the few posters here that I think are extremely good folks!

You get to the point here where you get accustomed to seeing folks around on a frequent basis, so when they drop away for whatever reason you start to miss these folks even though you never met face to face.
    Naww!!

I didn't post for a while just through being ultra-busy and travelling a lot (I work most during the summer, sometimes for a couple of weeks at a time without a day off. I'll prbably be on here 24/7 in January ).

I think Liam has migrated forum-wise to his Doctor Who forum (it's called the Leisure Hive) but you can always keep in contact with him through his Facebook profile
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    What happened to the other 97% of people that are supposedly members here?
    They became alcoholics who decided it was better to drink themselves to death than bare another shitty Romero movie.

Sorry i couldn't resist putting this comment in... believe me I tried but the guy in the red suit with horns sitting on my shoulder said DO IT!
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    They became alcoholics who decided it was better to drink themselves to death than bare another shitty Romero movie.
    Two movies ago I would've argued this with you. But I think the most recent is the final nail in the coffin.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Two movies ago I would've argued this with you. But I think the most recent is the final nail in the coffin.
    Hey, i haven't gave up on the old man yet... he is 3-3 as far as I am concerned.

Some of even baseball's greatest don't have that kind of average, however in terms of movie making... that is piss poor.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Hey, i haven't gave up on the old man yet... he is 3-3 as far as I am concerned.

Some of even baseball's greatest don't have that kind of average, however in terms of movie making... that is piss poor.
    Average out his whole career & not just the zombie movies, & that average should go WAAYYY up IMO.

Martin?
    The Crazies?
    Knightriders?
    Knightriders?
    Knightriders? (yes that movie is so great I added it three times...)
    Creepshow?

Thing about directors is...I've started thinking it really is a young mans game. Any art in general even perhaps.

I've been racking my brain trying to think of ANY director who really sustained that fierce, burning hunger & passion that made them great in the beginning of their career, & I just can't do it.

All of the examples I could think of still managed to make good movies, maybe even the occassional great movie, but there's something raw & primitive about that young, lean hunger that seems harder for them to tap into.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Average out his whole career & not just the zombie movies, & that average should go WAAYYY up IMO.

Martin?
    The Crazies?
    Knightriders?
    Knightriders?
    Knightriders? (yes that movie is so great I added it three times...)
    Creepshow?

Thing about directors is...I've started thinking it really is a young mans game. Any art in general even perhaps.

I've been racking my brain trying to think of ANY director who really sustained that fierce, burning hunger & passion that made them great in the beginning of their career, & I just can't do it.

All of the examples I could think of still managed to make good movies, maybe even the occassional great movie, but there's something raw & primitive about that young, lean hunger that seems harder for them to tap into.
    I disagree... about it being a young mans game... Ridley Scott is in his 60's I believe, maybe even 70. Richard Donner... same deal, Spielberg, when doesn't have indy ducking in a lead line fridge, Hell even Tony Scott churns out some good films and he is up there too.

Quite a few old farts in the game still making A-list entertainment.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    I disagree... about it being a young mans game... Ridley Scott is in his 60's I believe, maybe even 70. Richard Donner... same deal, Spielberg, when doesn't have indy ducking in a lead line fridge, Hell even Tony Scott churns out some good films and he is up there too.

Quite a few old farts in the game still making A-list entertainment.
    Yeah but Ridley Scott, while still making decent movies can't quite get too the level of Blade Runner or Alien. Donner. . .meh. . . . .Speilburg I'll give you. . his films don't have the energy they used to have, but he has definitely grown up as a film maker. Maybe that's the problem. . these guys lose a lot of their young passion and energy and imagination. . and trade it in for wisdom and technical wherewithal and greater storytelling ability. I dunno.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Two words. Clint. Eastwood.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Here here! I second that motion!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    BINGO! Can't believe I didn't drop Clint's name

*bad DJ bad, swats self with rolled up newspaper on nose*
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

United States
    You really think so? I think he's someone who grew into his artistic side through close contact with the business and getting the leverage to exercise his talents and grow them over time and not a good example of someone who started out a great creative artist and sustained that fire of creativity over time.

Know what I mean?
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 08-Sep-2010 at 01:53 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You really think so? I think he's someone who grew into his artistic side through close contact with the business and getting the leverage to exercise his talents and grow them over time and not a good example of someone who started out a great creative artist and sustained that fire of creativity over time.

Know what I mean?
    I think his point was more in the area of directing not entirely being a young man's game these days.

Super Moderator

United States
    Okay, I was taking in the context of what Moon specifically said: "ANY director who really sustained that fierce, burning hunger & passion that made them great in the beginning of their career..."

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany