Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Listen to the news gorillaz album 'plastic beach' a week early for free, legally

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Listen to the news gorillaz album 'plastic beach' a week early for free, legally

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=124114812

have a ganders, opens with snoop dogg, pretty interesting so far.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Somewhere Blind is creaming his little boy panties. I might give it a listen as it's free, but never been a big fan of this stuff...

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Somewhere Blind is creaming his little boy panties.
    I am now disturbed.

Someone pass me a hookah, ASAP.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Somewhere Blind is creaming his little boy panties. I might give it a listen as it's free, but never been a big fan of this stuff...
    its pretty dern different than there usual stuff. its less pop and hip hop and more... something, im 3 songs in, not sure what it is yet, but ill let you know when i can name it.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I am now disturbed.

Someone pass me a hookah, ASAP.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I kinda skipped around it a bit. Not my thing, really. Some of the music was okay, but it's immediately ruined when they open their mouths for the vocals.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    its roughly an hour long album, and at the 30 minute mark it really gets better. very rough opening i think.

but thats why itunes has shuffle.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

after giving the whole album a listen its left me a little cold to it. its not bad, its just so different to demon days and gorillaz, which are two of my favourite albums of the last decade.
    i dont know, it might grow on me, but id saylike 60-70% of the songs were just kind of bland noise used for background music in shows on t4, but then theres some of the more eclectic stuff that is really good.

I'll still buy it, but from a first listen im really indifferent to it. which is a shame since i still listen to demon days every other day whilst im at my desk.

Canada
    I'm with Bassman on this. Never been a big Gorillaz fan...that is a bit of an over statement actually.

Administrator

England
    I believe there's still a link from their website to HPotD
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Sorry to disappoint, but their site is completely different now... for the better, but more... isolated into itself.
    As for the album... I'll listen to it when I buy it. It's like... knowing exactly what's in your Christmas presents, innit? Not much fun...
    Link for the Stylo music video featuring Bruce Willis:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9vAOzYz-Qs
    Yep, well... my pants are... dry.... but bouncing and hyperventilating.
    I'll be sure to give you guys a full, detailed review when I listen to it twelve consecutive times on March 9th. I know you don't care, but... it's important to me, so bear with, okay?
    Cyborg Noodle... 3D... possible indirect homage to Destroying America... BW... Death Proof style.... hints at next singles... 2D's mask... the list is endless...

United States
    Snoop Dog?
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Sorry to disappoint, but their site is completely different now... for the better, but more... isolated into itself.
    As for the album... I'll listen to it when I buy it. It's like... knowing exactly what's in your Christmas presents, innit? Not much fun...
    Link for the Stylo music video featuring Bruce Willis:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9vAOzYz-Qs
    Yep, well... my pants are... dry.... but bouncing and hyperventilating.
    I'll be sure to give you guys a full, detailed review when I listen to it twelve consecutive times on March 9th. I know you don't care, but... it's important to me, so bear with, okay?
    Cyborg Noodle... 3D... possible indirect homage to Destroying America... BW... Death Proof style.... hints at next singles... 2D's mask... the list is endless...
    Arggh! They'ev got a new house! Maybe there's still the computer in there, with the same links
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    It's "Snoop Dogg", clang. Let's not get carried away...
    Also a possible reference to Destroying America, if you remember Tony Hawk's pizza delivery song...
    Anyhow, this looks to be their best album yet, and damned if I won't think so despite however it turns out to be when I actually listen to it in full! Besides, Gorillaz are only 40% about the music, anyway. What I'm really looking forward to is more art by Jamie and more videos. If Stylo is any indication... they're gonna kick the living ass out of everything!
    Aaaaannd, I'm gonna say it again. Cybot... Noodle.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Hey... hey guys... hey you guys... watch the video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9vAOzYz-Qs

United Kingdom
    Awesome video. Shame about the song.
    Kill 'em All

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    It's "Snoop Dogg", clang.
    Actually, it is Snoop Dawgy dizzle my frizzle nizzle.

The song isn't exactly my forte though..
    Last edited by mista_mo; 02-Mar-2010 at 06:07 PM.