Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Superman Returns...4 stars

United States

Superman Returns...4 stars

Just got thru watching "Superman Returns" and it was awesome. There is a nod to "Batman" in the film and even..."Sleeping Beauty". I don't want to give away anything important before everyone else has a chance to watch it, so go see it!

United States
    Is this on par with Batman Begins, which I feel blew away all of the older movies, with the exception maybe of the first?
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

United States
    Can't wait to see this . I have my tickets for the 10:00pm showing tonight !!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I have read some reviews on the film and some message board comments on the "Tuh-Mater" and Imdb.Com.

Superman Returns will be a rental for me. I have no interest in seeing this film. I think this is one superhero that should have let rest in peace.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    I have read some reviews on the film and some message board comments on the "Tuh-Mater" and Imdb.Com.

Superman Returns will be a rental for me. I have no interest in seeing this film. I think this is one superhero that should have let rest in peace.
    Translation:
    "If it's somewhat popular....count me out"

I'll hopefully be seeing it this week. I just hope it follows more along the lines of Richard Donner's original and they don't make it too "new"

United States
    What do you mean, Dj? c'mon, it's on par with how hollywood thinks now.

"That film doesn't need to be remade, eh? Ok, listen.. we've greenlighted the remake.. get to work"

The Fog, DOTD, NOTL (in 3d HAH!), Superman, King Kong, The Longest Yard, Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, House of Wax.. the list of terrible remakes goes on and on and continues to this day, why should Superman be any different, I guess..

Same sh*t, only deeper man..

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    Translation:
    "If it's somewhat popular....count me out"

I'll hopefully be seeing it this week. I just hope it follows more along the lines of Richard Donner's original and they don't make it too "new"

That is the problem bassman, it is too new from what I understand and doesn't really follow the Donner formula, which shouldn't be an issue. Bryan Singer is a different director than Richard Donner. The previews don't really impress me, however, I have read the Spider-Man teaser appears before Superman.

I never really liked Superman anyway, I always felt Batman or Spider-Man were better superhero's because they are real people were as Superman is an Alien (Yes he is an Alien) and doesn't have or understand the human traits as well as Sipdey and Batman does.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    I never really liked Superman anyway, I always felt Batman or Spider-Man were better superhero's because they are real people were as Superman is an Alien (Yes he is an Alien) and doesn't have or understand the human traits as well as Sipdey and Batman does.
    See, that's why I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie. Superman was & still is my favorite superhero . It all comes down to preferences & it's cool that not everyone has the same preference. Then the world would be a VERY boring place .

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunker65
    See, that's why I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie. Superman was & still is my favorite superhero . It all comes down to preferences & it's cool that not everyone has the same preference. Then the world would be a VERY boring place .
    Very true. Good reply.

Now bring on the Batman Sequel!

Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr
    What do you mean, Dj? c'mon, it's on par with how hollywood thinks now.

"That film doesn't need to be remade, eh? Ok, listen.. we've greenlighted the remake.. get to work"

The Fog, DOTD, NOTL (in 3d HAH!), Superman, King Kong, The Longest Yard, Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, House of Wax.. the list of terrible remakes goes on and on and continues to this day, why should Superman be any different, I guess..

Same sh*t, only deeper man..

I thought you liked the DAWN remake? LOL

I agree with most movie watchers that Hollyweird has lost its originality. However, since they aren't throwing us indie people money to make movies we are stuck watching tons of sh*tty films and we have to sort through the muck to find something decent.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 27-Jun-2006 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, I agree DJ. Superman has never been a favorite superhero of mine, either. I just really dig Donner's original and the sequel. I'm thinking that Singer knows what he's doing because I also didn't like the Xmen franchise but the first two films were pretty damn cool.

I was actually totally ready to go with "Returns", but then I saw a tv spot the other night in which a bullet hits Supe's eye and bounces right off(CG BONER-FEST).....that made me alittle upset. I hope there's more to it than just "Look what I can do with a computer!".

I'm definitely with you on that one.....we need a sequel from Nolan.

United States
    [QUOTE=DjfunkmasterG]Now bring on the Batman Sequel! QUOTE]

I'll be in line for that as well .

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    There's no Superman remake going on as far as I'm concerned. Just a sequel, which I will be watching definetly.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So tell me Lou, how exactly does a film with "Returns" in the title seem like a remake to you?

It's not a remake.....they're just jumpstarting the franchise again. "Superman Returns" takes place after Donner's films. Funny how they left the third and fourth movies in the cold.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    So tell me Lou, how exactly does a film with "Returns" in the title seem like a remake to you?

It's not a remake.....they're just jumpstarting the franchise again. "Superman Returns" takes place after Donner's films. Funny how they left the third and fourth movies in the cold.

Technicality. It's still a movie/series that has no business being messed with, which is what I was trying to say in my previous message.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Superman 1 & 2 were enough... 3 & 4 killed the franchise.

Batman on the other hand wasn't quite dead, and just needed tweaking to repair it, and Nolan did just that!

Singer will not be able to fix this severely damaged Superman Franchise. By just ignoring 3 & 4. He should have re-started the franchise like Nolan did for Batman.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!