Thread: BBC Radio 4 - Pandemic

England

BBC Radio 4 - Pandemic

BBC Radio 4 are repeating a 3 part play called "Pandemic" at 14:15 Wed, Thurs & Friday:-

Dr Jan Roldanus (Ben Daniels) a microbiologist and WHO advisor on infectious diseases, arrives in Bangkok to give a keynote lecture at a medical conference. Whilst there, he is invited to observe the local authority's handling of an outbreak of bird flu.

But when a new virulent strain, 'Red Eye', emerges - causing bleeding eyes followed by death - he finds himself trapped in Thailand, unable to fly home to his wife and son. As the virus spreads at a terrifying pace, his investigations lead him to one inescapable and terrible conclusion...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01dzj1b/episodes/guide

Might be worth a listen...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post
    BBC Radio 4 are repeating a 3 part play called "Pandemic" at 14:15 Wed, Thurs & Friday:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01dzj1b/episodes/guide
    Might be worth a listen...
    Man, I loved radio drama as a kid in the sixties and seventies, listening to Armed Forces Radio. There's something in the way that it unleashes your imagination which TV and Cinema can never touch. I'll look for this if some US station would play it or if I can get it on my computer. Been looking for a new thriller to listen to, especially since War of The Worlds has long become Old Hat.

Wayne Z
    "This ain't no midnight horror flick or creature double feature, babe. "
    Dead Fall: Foreshadow.

Administrator

England
    OK... Enjoyed the first episode... Just need the next two now!

- - - Updated - - -

Second episode up online...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan