Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To me, 360, wii and ps3 fanboys are all the same

Canada

To me, 360, wii and ps3 fanboys are all the same

Honestly, if you look at the **** each side is spewing you can come to the conclusion that most are full of bias ****. Yes, we know 360 boys, the ps3 sucks, even tho it is a more powerful machine. Yes ps3 boys, we know that you think the 360 is a ass backwords **** machine. Yes Wii fan boys, we realize that an innovative remote automatically means that the consule will be the best thing ever made.

Sorry, but i'm sick and tired of how people from each side who don't claim to have any bias whatsoever come out and proclaim their consule as the best, and all others are junk. Sorry guys but I haven't seen anything immpressive enough on any of the machines to warrant me going out and spending my cash on any of them just yet.

Honestly, all the press I seem to find is just endless bashing of one system by a fan of the other in an attempt to make people buy their machine. I mean with arguements like:

"But it's got GoW one ti adn halo 3 will cmoe out soon"
    or
    "theres blue-ray ddvs one ti, ti blowes the **** out off the otehr consulz"

"Teh remote is so kick azz"

wow, stunning arguements from each camp, really.

I'm not saying any of this applies to members on this board (or maybe it will I haven't paid enough attention to it anymore) but jesus **** faced christ.

(and the spelling errors in the quotes are on purpose, all of the articles i've read have spelling worse then mine is.)

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I see what you're saying....it does seem to get that way on the net. I'm not much of a gamer, really. I don't know why, but I bought a 360 one night and it's a good system, I suppose. Is it better than the rest? I dunno......but I bought it and I like it.

Administrator

England
    i have to admit alot of fanboyism does annoy me, i notice it here, especially against the PS3.

Canada
    Yea, I just read thru a bunch of old articles on this forum and I realized taht alot of what i am talking about in my post is prevalent here (minus the spelling) and it's all towards the 360 or the wii, and the one person who had something good to say about the ps3 gets more or less shot down...

Undisclosed
    I can see what youre talking about and Im not sure on the debate even though I have the 360..ps3 appeals.

I think a good debate is fun and fair enough but when it goes into frantic fanboyism then everyone needs to a step back and a slice of romero to pacify.
    Why arent you laughing?

United States
    None of the systems "suck", I just prefer one over the other. Not to mention the 360 and Wii are the big sellers at this point, and more people have them than PS3. Of course there is going to be more discussion about the console that more people have.

Canada
    Thats not the point i'm making here. Fanboys- nintendo, sony or microsoft automatically disregard the other counsuls as inferior to the one they prefer. And the PS3 is like 600 bucks comapred to the 300 and some for wii? it doesn't mean it's a better system, it means it's not cost effective to buy a consul for 600 dollers when u can get one for half that or even less. Besides, the 360 has been out for how long now? It's like the PS2 and x-box debate. The x-box will never out sell the ps2, but that hardly means that the ps2 is a better system.

Canada
    I like nintendo myself , but it about the games. Nintendo does make the most a+ games out there. I got tired after the ps1 and n64 age of fighting over which system is better. one will always hav a advantage over the other. But the bottom line is the games... Some thing all systems have. Each system will have that killer APP and or new franchise, and must have game.

Now quit being selfish and buy all 3 o them :P

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    its the games not the capabilities of the console that maeks it, my 360's been dusty since like january, but my newly aquired ps2 has been getting about 4 hours play a day at least.

guitar hero byatch!

United States
    You picking up Guitar Hero 360 Hellsing? I think it comes out on the 3rd or 4th.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    damn.****ing.straight i am.

United States
    Good choice man. 10 new songs plus more downloadable ones on the way. Not to mention online leaderboards.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ive got scores on hard all in the 150,000 range so id like to see how i measure up to the best players.

capncnut
    Yeah, after seeing the tracklisting I'm putting this one top of the list mate.

United States
    I could be considered a Nintendo Fanboy, but then again, I like Nintendo because their games are fun and thats what matters to me when it comes to gaming.

As for the PS3 vs. 360, I am biased against Sony because of how I was treated after having multiple PS2 problems. They treated me like I was trying to rip them off when I called to have my system repaired for the second time with the "Disk Read Error" since they didn't fix it properly the first time. The customer service rep was rude, accused me of dropping the system, accused me of having dirty games (my games are kept clean and in great shape) and the killer thing was that the game I put in when the system didn't work was a brand new game. They also told me it would cost $50 to get it fixed if I paid by credit card over the phone or $75 if I sent in payment with the system and also said that there was no guarantee that they would fix my system and that they do not give refunds. Then the rep went as far as to say "Well, you got enough play time out of it so if it can't be fixed it's time to buy a new one."

Is there any wonder why the PS2 is the best selling console of all time when they were prone to breaking constantly and their reps told people to just buy a new system.

Anyway, yes the PS3 has more processing power than the 360, there is no denying that, however, the 360 has a lot more RAM than the PS3, so miniscule difference in processing power is eaten up by the 360 being able to process more things at once with its extra ram.

On a personal level, I will not buy another Sony console and it is hard to buy any Sony product after how I was treated when their defective product broke on me. I also do not recommend them to people who ask me because 2 people I know have had similar problems with Sony when their PS2s broke. I can only imagine how many problems the PS3 will develop as the months pass, if it is anything like its predecessors it will be loaded with problems that cause even more redesigns.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190