Thread: What do you think of The Living Dead at Manchest Morgue?

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed

What do you think of The Living Dead at Manchest Morgue?

haven't seen that one in a while, what's your opinion on it? I saw it when i was about 14 and liked it, but re-watched it about 7 years ago and didn't think that much...think its worth another watch....

Super Moderator

UK
    As one of the first post-Night68 zombie films I think it's ruddy good. I got the DVD a few years back when it got put out in the UK and I think it's a good flick. I like the style of it, it feels un-nerving and it feels like a quality movie, not just a cheap cash-in.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I think it's one of the best non-Romero zombiefilms out there. It's not heavy on the zombies, but it's heavy on suspense.

Australia
    Great movie. Incredibly atmospheric.

We should probably point out to our American brethren that its also known as LET SLEEPING CORPSES LIE and that there's a new 2 disc set from Blue Undies due out any time now.
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    bloody great, a fine example of the genre at the time.

Undisclosed
    I love that film. It is definitely the best of the non Romero dead films out there. Just as good today as when I first saw it a few years ago.

United States
    One of my faves. Agree w/ all previous posts as to atmosphere & scenery & feel that both it & "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things" are important from a historical context as these are PRE "Dawn" films (which inspired many more films subsequently)

Undisclosed
    Its alright, its nothing all that special. Its sort of a strange environmentalist trip if I am thinking about the right movie. With the anti bug sounds bringing the dead back too. Not to many zombies but they are really tough and super strong if I recall. Not a bad movie by any means but not really worth some of the hype that it gets. To each their own though.

capncnut
    Yup, classic movie. Gotta agree with the majority of you, the atmosphere is top notch, still holds up today.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    We should probably point out to our American brethren that its also known as LET SLEEPING CORPSES LIE and that there's a new 2 disc set from Blue Undies due out any time now.
    Looks like I'll be ordering me one of those then.

And Griff, I've probably said it before and I'll say it again, that Ralphus avatar is badass.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    The environmentalist message is painfully heavy-handed, even embarrassing. And the main character is some kind of hippie twit. All the same, the film manages to be extremely creepy, and boasts a couple of surprisingly gory set-pieces (keep in mind that this was made before "Dawn" came out: after "Night", "No profanar el sueño de los muertos" raised the bar in bloody carnage).

Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    And Griff, I've probably said it before and I'll say it again, that Ralphus avatar is badass.
    Ha! I didn't even realized it was there! I must've done it when I was drunk.
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Let Sleeping Corpses Lie is sub-par, even for non-Romero dead movies.

The lack of zombies and the whole environmental plot were lackluster at best.

A better British/Spanish zombie movie is House of Seven Corpses.

Christmas Island
    I saw this film not too long ago with great anticipation, having had my appetite whetted for this film since the mid-80s when I read about it in The Psychotronic Encyclopedia of Film. Upon viewing it came across as a very slow-moving film with nothing really standing out. I guess it was best seen between the Night and Dawn years when it was released.

United States
    If I remember correctly, the female lead was a real knockout. Cute blonde hippy chick right? And I do remember the massacre at the hospital. Is this the one with the one main zombie who was sort of a mystical, really strong, smart zombie with a bunch of followers or am i confusing it with another movie.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    If I remember correctly, the female lead was a real knockout. Cute blonde hippy chick right? And I do remember the massacre at the hospital. Is this the one with the one main zombie who was sort of a mystical, really strong, smart zombie with a bunch of followers or am i confusing it with another movie.
    That's it but from what I remember the knockout was a redhead, if I'm not mistaken.