Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your fav horror movie scene non zombie related?

Banned User

United States

What is your fav horror movie scene non zombie related?

Me and Andy kinda talked on this. I would say it is Hellraiser II the uncut version. One scene where the doctor brought the mental patient to his house and sat him on the mattress and handed him a knife. He slashed himself, blood everywhere and the womens body rose up from hell. Seeing a skinless human walking around is rather cool.

United States
    The dinner sequence in Alien. Completely unexpected. On minute the crew is eating dinner, trading insults, and enjoying a few beers before going into hypersleep. The next second...

Administrator

England
    i always had a soft spot for when jason grabs the girl out of the boat at the end of friday the 13th part 1.

love it. its so unexpected! how a jump-scare should be done

United States
    Let's Scare Jessica to Death - 1971 - it's a "psychological horror" if that counts.

Number 2 would be Suspiria By Dario Argento

Administrator

England
    A couple of scenes in Jaws... A couple in The Exorcist... And the girl coming towards, and then out of the TV in "Ring"...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Canada
    i would have to say my fav scene is in "maniac" when tom savini gets his head blown off in the car.

Scotland
    I'd say 'Session 9' had a few good scares. Just the whole atmosphere of the old Asylum building is creepy, especially the tunnels.

The spike thing sticking out of the corner of the guys eye, he is still alive but his brains have been mushed up so he is basically a vegetable walking around naked, creepy.

Probably the best scene is the climax, where everything becomes clear and the final session tape is played.

Banned User

United States
    Ya! The dinner scene in Alien was awesome

Undisclosed
    as a big Friday fan the ending scene in 1 is good but my fav would be after Tommy decides to end the life of our favorite mass murdere at the end of Fiday 4, the way the machete thuds into the side of jasons face and when he hits the ground and slides down, classic.

United States
    gotta add one to my list -

Pulse - 2001; Japanese Horror written and directed by Kiyoshi Kurosawa.

Very creepy "ghost story/end of the world" horror flick!! If you guys haven't seen this one, put it on you list!

Canada
    i have always liked the kevin bacon kill scene in "friday the 13th" awsome savini effects.

United States
    It is the scene in the Exorcist: The Version You've Never Seen where Regan is walking backwards down the stairs and her head turns... that is one of the only scenes in any movie that scares the **** out of me. For some reason the complete unnaturalness of that scene freaks me out. I am getting the chills just thinking of it...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadJonas190
    It is the scene in the Exorcist: The Version You've Never Seen where Regan is walking backwards down the stairs and her head turns... that is one of the only scenes in any movie that scares the **** out of me. For some reason the complete unnaturalness of that scene freaks me out. I am getting the chills just thinking of it...
    That scene is VERY creepy, man!!!
    There's a scene in The Exorcism of Emily Rose where she's laying on the floor, contorted in this insane position staring up at her boyfriend that gave me the willies!!

Lord Howe Island

Not horror really, but "I Spit on Your Grave"

where she cuts his--- umm buddy off...

Fiji
    Signs

the part where they come back to the TV, and it's just the "pattern signal". that gets me every single time.

also the "molotov chase sequence" from 28 days later.