Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: House of 1000 Corpses

Administrator

England

House of 1000 Corpses

What a lack-lustre attempt! Blatant plagiarism, and poorly done!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    well, it was rob zombies first film.

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

Australia
    It was a poorly done film, even for a first attempt, thankfully Devil's rejects was a lot better. Although still not a great film, it was ok none the less.

ViP

United States
    Loved both films. Trashy fun.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of "House of 1000 Corpses". I really dig "The Devil's Rejects", though.

I think Zombie really learned from "House" and he's only going to get better.
    "The Devil's Rejects" would probably be one of my top five favorite films of last year...good flick.

United States
    Devil's Rejects is MUCH better. I do enjoy House tho.

United Kingdom
    I didn't like it, but wouldn't go that far. I don' t think it was a case of plagiarism but homaging (spelling?).

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    OK, I'll bite....what about that film do you consider "Blatant plagiarism"? In today's world of rip-off remakes, that's a strong accusation.

Super Moderator

UK
    Plagiarism? Nah, homage-overdrive? Yeh.

I really loved House, it's a horror movie for horror fans by a horror fan. Also, it was made back in what, 2000, but didn't get a release until 3 years later, The Devil's Rejects came a couple of years after House was released - and trust, Devil's Rejects is much better than H1000C - and I personally really loved House, yes it's very homage-happy ... but that's usually what happens with the first film from a director - same thing with Cabin Fever (which I also really enjoyed).

But definately check out Devil's Rejects. Rob Zombie takes no more than 'texture' inspiration from his favourite road movies. TDR has a very, very different feel. Whereas House had a mixture of old school music with some of Zombie's own tracks - TDR goes straight down a very dusty, road movie loving 1970s road. The script is much better, the acting is better, the direction and cinematography is much better - it's a great flick - you should definately check it out.

Not that I think you'd really need it, but always employ the golden rule - never expect anything from a flick.

Seriously, check out Devil's Rejects, it's good stuff.

Also - Rob Zombie is currently scripting his next horror movie, he hasn't said anything more than that. I can't wait to find out what it's going to be, I'd love to see a Rob Zombie zombie flick, going on the vibe of TDR...it'd be quite f*cked up. I'm also looking forward to hearing his new album which comes out soon, "Foxy Foxy" wasn't fantastic but "Let It All Bleed Out" was wicked.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 15-Mar-2006 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Oh yehhhhh...

Lord Howe Island

There is nothing new under the sun...

Yeah House may have been a "homage"-- read "rip off" of TCSM and others, but I liked it-- not the over the top cartoonish style, but it was definatly Rob...now Devil's Rejects-- I rate it in my personal top 5 list of all time favorites--

5)Devil's Rejects
    4)Day of the Dead
    3)the Hills Have Eyes (original)
    2) Knightriders
    and
    #1 of all times goes to BOOGIE NIGHTS

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by tju1973
    Yeah House may have been a "homage"-- read "rip off" of TCSM and others, but I liked it-- not the over the top cartoonish style, but it was definatly Rob...now Devil's Rejects-- I rate it in my personal top 5 list of all time favorites--

5)Devil's Rejects
    4)Day of the Dead
    3)the Hills Have Eyes (original)
    2) Knightriders
    and
    #1 of all times goes to BOOGIE NIGHTS
    LOL - - BOOGIE NIGHTS

I have spewed liquid over ANOTHER keyboard!!!!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Let's not forget the awesome score/soundtrack to "The Devil's Rejects".

Zombie made some very good choices for the soundtrack to his latest flick - None of which are his songs

You've got the badass opening with The Allman Brothers - "Midnight Rider"(great, great, great....nuff said) plus Three Dog Night - "Shambala", Buck Owens - "Satan's Got to Get Along Without Me", and of course the great choice for the final song...wait a minute....I don't know how to do that spoiler thing. Oh well, if you've seen it then you know what I'm talking about. Now I can't listen to that song without thinking of TDR. I can never forget the film now Great choices, indeed.

I was seriously surprised when I bought TDR and finished watching it. I'm really looking forward to Zombie's next effort because i'm sure it won't be a total let down. And I wouldn't be surprised if we ever see a dead(zombie) film from good ol' Rob Zombie.

And Minion, Let me know how his new cd turns out. I haven't been a big fan of Zombie's solo stuff but White Zombie was awesome - I've been eagerly awaiting a reunion tour.

Undisclosed
    he has admitted to showing respect to other movies with doing corpses, dont get me wrong i truely dont like the movie at all but do have to give him mad props for the way he turned around his directing and came out with the masterpiece of rejects.
    If you get a chance ya got to pick up the soundtrack
    its all about the Party.

Canada

Thumbs down

Post deleted.
    Last edited by dogma789; 12-Feb-2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Deleted post.

United States
    The scene form Corpses where Otis soots the sherrif in the head is nicely done. The long, drawn out crane scene.

Oh, dogma789, Manos ROCKS!!! Torgo for President!