Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Californians... So is Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger doing a good job?

Administrator

England

Californians... So is Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger doing a good job?

We don't hear much about him over here (in the UK)... Is he doing a good job?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Is he there to lead, not to read?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    according to his latest campaign "EETZ NAWT A TOOOMOR!?!"

Chasing Prey

Canada
    born and raised in cali. he's the best governor the state has had all political parties aside.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    born and raised in cali.
    Uh?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Think he means himself neil
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    Think he means himself neil

thanks homes. i see how much mods pay attention to our details here

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Is he there to lead, not to read?

Administrator

England
    thanks homes. i see how much mods pay attention to our details here
    Your comment read as a single sentence, therefore implying a place of birth etc for arni... Hence my confusion.

So you recon he's doing a good job. Is that the general opinion?
    -Carl Sagan

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Your comment read as a single sentence, therefore implying a place of birth etc for arni... Hence my confusion.

So you recon he's doing a good job. Is that the general opinion?

yep. catchin flac cuz hes a republican,but he gets things done.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    I couldn't tell you, since I live in Missouri. But I will tell you that our governor isn't worth a pint of piss. Matt Blunt is so terrible, he's not even running for a second term. Now if we could just get his dad (Roy Blunt) to relinquish his post, Missouri would be a better place.

In fact, Missouri hasn't had a decent politician since Claiborne Fox Jackson. Harry did some nice things, but he was as crooked as a dog's hind leg. And don't even get me started on Carnahan, Ashcroft or the Blunts. Kit Bond is OK, but he's a mouthpiece for the Bush administration, and isn't his own man like a Missouri politician should be.

The Missouri of old was ran by independent minded yellow dog democrats. Now it's governed by a mixed bag of neo-cons and liberals, and the Show-Me state is suffering because of it.

But...

We're still the baddest state in the union. Yeah, you heard me right, Texas. A Missouri farmboy can still part a gnat's ass at 300 yards. Missouri bushwhackers were burning Kansas farms to the ground long before South Carolina even thought about seceding.
    Last edited by Dillinger; 08-Sep-2008 at 02:16 AM.

Dead

Undisclosed
    yep. catchin flac cuz hes a republican,but he gets things done.
    That's what I hear from my grandfather, but my uncle's a bit of a partisan liberal so he'll never give Arnold a break. At least the man decided to skip the RNC to get the state budget done. My governor isn't worth a damn, but thankfully he'll be gone in months due to term limits.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    If you consider gutting the education budget a good thing, Arnold has done a fantastic job. He won on his celebrity and the only reason there's not more uproar about what a terrible governor he is is because most people pay way less attention to state-level politics than they do to national-level politics. A typical conversation in the voting line the day he was elected was "oh I love him, I've seen all his movies." And a similar rationale explains why there's no mob with pitchforks to oust him.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade775 View Post
    If you consider gutting the education budget a good thing, Arnold has done a fantastic job. He won on his celebrity and the only reason there's not more uproar about what a terrible governor he is is because most people pay way less attention to state-level politics than they do to national-level politics. A typical conversation in the voting line the day he was elected was "oh I love him, I've seen all his movies." And a similar rationale explains why there's no mob with pitchforks to oust him.
    he's got the kennedy family behind him, he wont have a mob there to kill him. the reason hes a republican is because he isnt stupid. he wants to keep his money and i dont blame him. he's the most democratic republican i've ever seen.

also why would u care if he cut school budgets? they need a cut cuz people like me are working every day that own homes and have to foot the bill when they need more money for schools.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie04 View Post
    That's what I hear from my grandfather, but my uncle's a bit of a partisan liberal so he'll never give Arnold a break. At least the man decided to skip the RNC to get the state budget done. My governor isn't worth a damn, but thankfully he'll be gone in months due to term limits.

where are u from?
    Last edited by acealive1; 08-Sep-2008 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    he's got the kennedy family behind him, he wont have a mob there to kill him. the reason hes a republican is because he isnt stupid. he wants to keep his money and i dont blame him. he's the most democratic republican i've ever seen.

also why would u care if he cut school budgets? they need a cut cuz people like me are working every day that own homes and have to foot the bill when they need more money for schools.

where are u from?
    Dude. What, have you had a slot reserved at an elite private prep school because of your dad's last name since birth or something?

I care about public schools because a) I went to them, b) I had my college fees hiked after Arnold got in while I was attending a public CA university, c) I live in a state where the people I rub shoulders with and live next door to and work with will have been educated in..... public schools.

If you think "taxes are too high, omg, we gotta stop paying for stuff like schools", we are pretty much as opposite as you can possibly get. Social contract and all that. If you think schools aren't a good thing to spend money on, and if you think you are OVERLY TAXED for schools, you're pretty uninformed. California is proportionately, LAST in terms of how many dollars it spends per student. It is the 50th state out of 50 states. It has been for awhile.