Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rep power?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Rep power?

Does your rep power ever go up? If it does, how so? Cause I mean some of us have been posting on this site for years now... I'd say we have seniority!

Fiji
    meh, who cares?

it does seem to increase base dupon the volume of your post and a few other factors. but really who cares? seniority is for jerks.

Administrator

England
    Your reputation power is based on 3 things..

• Your postcount
    • How long you've been registered
    • Your own reputation level.

its more swayed by your own level than anything else, so the better your own standing in this community, the better reputation you can give to others

Super Moderator

UK
    I don't 'get' this rep power thing, there's really no need - surely your star-status explains it enough, especially as we all already know each other here and many of us have known each other for years now. I'd say almost all people ignore the tick/minus button and so nobody's rep power is going up - even us old-schoolers who are sitting at over 100 posts are still on rep power 1.

Hmmm...don't see the need to be honest.

Administrator

England
    well true but its not my fault people arn't using it

its good system when used. if neil asks me to turn it off i will.

United Kingdom
    I quite like the idea... I've only had one bit of feed back but it's good to know your posts are appreciated.

Fiji
    Perhaps this has been covered but i missed it if it was.

Does the increased "power" yeild any benefits?

Administrator

England
    Typically I've only see a reputation system working on more technical forums. ie: Where information or valuable details are being offered by users. Adding to someone's reputation is a pat on their back for the time/effort they spent in helping you.

If after a while it proves not to be useful here then we can think about turning it off. Howver, for the meantime let's go with the flow and see what happens
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Please don't take this the wrong way but...

We lost our forum status switching over and now we have warning levels which could be a hinderance if some evil bastard decides too be a jerk and start clicking BAD POSTS or something.

Now there is rep power... I mean unless people click the little check marks, you really get no rep power. So of use have been here for years. This June I will have been a solid posting member for 3 years and was kinda bummed to see my post count and forum status dropped too noob level. (No offense to the real noobs). I was never a post whore, I always had more replies than posts, not a lot more, but I didn't go hogging up the forums with useless stuff like some posters do... well unless I get into an argument with someone.

No offense, but the REP thing is a bad idea. I would rather have my forum member status returned.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Whats the big deal about the rep deal? If people don't like it, ignore it. Alot of people don't seem to like it. Think about it for a second. If alot of people don't like it, alot of people won't look at it. If alot of people wont look at it, alot of people won't use it. So...where's the problem?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    Please don't take this the wrong way but...

We lost our forum status switching over and now we have warning levels which could be a hinderance if some evil bastard decides too be a jerk and start clicking BAD POSTS or something.

Now there is rep power... I mean unless people click the little check marks, you really get no rep power. So of use have been here for years. This June I will have been a solid posting member for 3 years and was kinda bummed to see my post count and forum status dropped too noob level. (No offense to the real noobs). I was never a post whore, I always had more replies than posts, not a lot more, but I didn't go hogging up the forums with useless stuff like some posters do... well unless I get into an argument with someone.

No offense, but the REP thing is a bad idea. I would rather have my forum member status returned.
    The warning system can only be used by administrators and super moderators, so there is no chance of people jerking it about by reporting bad posts as its not connected or influenced by the bad post system at all, all the bad post system does is send a message to the staff saying such and such has reported a post giving this as their reason, please look at it.

With the rep system, there are automatic failsafes to stop people abusing it.. ie.. you can only give rep to so many people in 24 hours and you can give the same person rep in a certain time, still if you feel its being abused against you you can always contact one of us and we can look into it (we can see who's let comments and points, and we can edit or remove them).

your normal rank and status will be returned when your postcount gets higher, again your rep or warnings have no influence on your rank at all. thats purely done off postcounts.

if you want a higher rep, why dont you HpotD veterans just give each other rep points?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    if you want a higher rep, why dont you HpotD veterans just give each other rep points?
    Because ****ing and moaning boosts our post count.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinFromHell
    Because ****ing and moaning boosts our post count.

What he said!

I still rather have my old rank back. Took me 2 years to get to 2000 posts.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Administrator

England
    you can moan and give rep to each other, that way both increase

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've givin positive rep to a few people but I guess they didn't appreciate it