Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You know you're obsessed with Zombies when...

Undisclosed

Red face You know you're obsessed with Zombies when...

1- ... can't or won't spell the word "zombie" because it is incorrect from a Romero stand-point. You prefer something else, generally 'DEAD'.

2- ... you sing (or whistle) the goblin main theme of 'ZOMBI' under the shower, with a dumb smile stamped all over your face.

3- ... the walls of your room are covered with gigantic BUB movie stills, as he would be the big thing of the moment (well, he was that in 1985).

4- ... you name your dog 'Romero', and your cat 'Simon Baker'.

5- ... you make a small reproduction of Roger in full SWAT suit by your hands, using play-doh, to have something to pray at before going to sleep.

6- ... you think black people are definitely cool.

7- ... you post 100 threads per day on this board.

8- ... your license plate screams 'PITTSBURGH' or 'FLORIDA' despite you are obviously italian.

9- ... you sit down, and watch awful garbage as 'DAY OF THE DEAD 2', just because it pretends to be "zombie movie" stuff.

10- ... you go to your local theatre to see the upcoming DENNIS HOPPER movie, only because he belongs to the Dead saga actor list.
    Last edited by The Alive Man; 15-Nov-2006 at 03:10 PM.
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    ... when you have a post count of 43.8 posts per day at HPOTD.com?

EDIT: Sorry, i missed your own number seven.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe View Post
    ... when you have a post count of 43.8 posts per day at HPOTD.com?

EDIT: Sorry, i missed your own number seven.
    Yes his posting is very prolific. Maybe some ridalin would be in order?

Undisclosed
    I have framed posters of NOTLD and Dawn hanging in my office. Does that qualify me as obsessed? Lord, I hope not.
    "Move over, boys. I'm one of the gang now." - Mantan Moreland

Undisclosed
    11 - ... you can't see a gas station in the same way you used to see it before 2005 anymore.

12 - ... you would start to masturbate yourself if someone says the word "reckoning", since it reminds you to the greatest vehicle ever realized in human history, but that doesn't really happen because you're italian and that word doesn't even exist in the italian vocabulary (equivalent: "SCOTTO").

13 - ... you dislike pseudo-critic people who bash my views in order to feel better with themselves (I know, it doesn't really fit with the DEAD movies, but sometimes it happens to this board, eh Philly? LOL Just joking)
    Last edited by The Alive Man; 15-Nov-2006 at 06:25 PM.
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    14 - Whenever you're in filmclass (and you're IN filmclass because you want to make zombiefilms), and the lecturer shows a clip from some film that features anything that could be interpreted as zombies, everyone looks your way to see your drooling reaction.

15 - The word "zombie" is one of the most commonly used words in your phone text messaging service.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    14 - Whenever you're in filmclass (and you're IN filmclass because you want to make zombiefilms), and the lecturer shows a clip from some film that features anything that could be interpreted as zombies, everyone looks your way to see your drooling reaction.

15 - The word "zombie" is one of the most commonly used words in your phone text messaging service.
    I love Zombie fanatism as heavy as mine...

Undisclosed
    -when you make large lists of zombie movies you still havnt seen
    - when you look at a biulding, and think " **** man i could fortify this place to be so sweet in a zombie invasion!" or " this would never hod up in a class 4 invasion, class3 hardly!"
    - you light up at the mention of anchor bay
    - you follow GAR collecting his cig butts
    A.F.A.!!!!!!
    Artichoke Fondlers Anonymous !!!

Death Count of friends playing Zombie DND: 8

Eddy- Face accidently smashed with a hatchet by a fellow survivor, Invasion Day 4
    Jake- Shot in the back by the police as he robbed a Sports Authority, Invasion Day 1
    chris- bitten while defending home, shot by chester
    annie- wrists slashed by nader and eaten alive
    richard- torn to pieces after being pulled from atop his SUV by zombies, managed to shoot his gas tank in the process
    nader- killed by th explosion of richard's SUV
    carl- tortured to deah by nader (infighting got nasty)
    jake- shot by carl in the stomach

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alive Man View Post
    6- ... you think black people are definitely cool.
    Erm, I don't quite know how to take that comment.
    Last edited by capncnut; 16-Nov-2006 at 09:12 AM.

Undisclosed
    Why Spaulding? You have to take it the way it was intended to be take: positively.

The Romero saga showed that black people - and only black people - are synched with the unknown energy called 'coolness', and can tap into it wherever they need.

capncnut
    The Romero saga showed that black people - and only black people - are synched with the unknown energy called 'coolness', and can tap into it wherever they need.
    I always thought Romero used black people as leads due to their acting ability and not 'coolness'. It all depends on what you mean by 'cool' as I think you are over-romanticising a little. 'Cool' as in Samuel L. Jackson? 'Cool' as in the superfly attitude and saying 'n**ger' five times in every sentence of dialogue? Blaxsploitation movies are indeed 'cool' but Duane Jones (star of NOTLD) very often turned these roles down because he expressed no desire to speak the word 'n**ger' on film. I think that sums up what a truly great actor he was. I didn't mean to bring a racial issue into the thread but it kinda went hand-in-hand with the subject matter, y'know?

As for black people being the only cool actors in the Dead series, what about Scott Reiniger or John Leguizamo?
    Last edited by capncnut; 16-Nov-2006 at 09:25 AM.

Undisclosed
    ... or Simon Baker (Riley is my hero) for instance.

No, Spaulding, don't misundertand me, please... this whole threat is a joke, so it was a joke, only a joke...

Anyway, as matter of fact, I ALSO consider 'coolness' as being the factual capability to play a character as much spontaneously as possible.

(which is not Dennis Hopper's case, however. He usually overplays. Dare to contradict me.)

Undisclosed
    When your always on the lookout for the undead when you leave your home.

*NOTE* Guys, I managed to get some pictures of Venom from the upcoming Spiderman movie! I posted them in the Spiderman 3 trailer thread, but this thread has died. Thought I'd post a note here so people can finally have a look.

"I dont know whats better getting laid or getting paid, I just
    know that when I get one the others getting away!"

capncnut
    Anyway, as matter of fact, I ALSO consider 'coolness' as being the factual capability to play a character as much spontaneously as possible.

(which is not Dennis Hopper's case, however. He usually overplays. Dare to contradict me.)
    I wont challenge you on that but you got to agree that no-one can say 'f**k' quite the same way as Dennis does.

Undisclosed
    That's damn true!