Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you currently reading?

England
    I got "Doctor Sleep" as a Christmas present (the sequel to The Shining) so going to make a start on that soon!

Banned
    Banned User

Aaland
    Read all the SK DarkTower books lounging about.
    Even had 2 or 3 sitting next to the LOO.Hahahah
    14 weeks I will not get back,I did get the complete series and finish collecting when I had found someone dropped
    what they had and took them to a nearby used book store.
    All my library had was Wastelands and when I first finished the series they refused me donating them (mostly hardcovers)
    wtf up wit dat?

I read it 3 times over.
    The Stand I have read no less than 15 times.

DH
    Last edited by Darkest Hour; 05-Jan-2014 at 07:55 AM. Reason: TIMEPERIOD/LIBRARY

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkest Hour View Post
    The Stand I have read no less than 15 times.
    The original, or the (later released) extended unabridged version?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkest Hour View Post
    DH
    You don't need to "sigh" all your posts... We can see who has written them
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

Aaland
    Old age has mellowed ye fine chap.In the past a poster may have gotten an excoriation or a public flogging.

You don't need to "sigh" all your posts... We can see who has written them

I cannot find normal text now so me quoting Neil makes everything italic.

I am speaking of 3 versions first one I got with my newsbboy paper delivery money when people paid me for my service
    from that now missing small mom and pop drugstore (not walgreens lewis drugs or duane reed mega stores)
    its said on the back cover SOON TO BE A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE GAR producing.

Sort of excited when the bigger longer one came out in the 90's but only new commentary was about aids
    and flu made who AC DC bollox THE KIDD and trashy.

When NYC was dying and MR. can you dig your man was getting ready to split the scene TRULY EPIC
    Sort of empathy Stu Redman when he stopped letting them test him he grabbed BUB (tv series Howard Sherman)

WTF DID YOU PEOPLE DO!
    pps,just for Neil

DH

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I got "Doctor Sleep" as a Christmas present (the sequel to The Shining) so going to make a start on that soon!
    please let me know how that one is. i thought 11/22/63 was pretty damn good, seems king has gotten some of his groove back.

the gf's father has "doctor sleep" and offered to let me borrow it when he finishes it, so it's sorta on my radar.

as for myself, i'm currently reading (if you want to call it that, as they're comics) EC archives, tales from the crypt, vol 4, a christmas present from the gf.

United States
    Currently adapting RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD by john russo into a more modern script
    I was in an unfinished zombie movie

Banned
    Banned User

Aaland
    I saw a video of SK from his winter home in FL some sort of town meeting on youtube GD gun grabber.
    You want to be defenseless from murderous rampaging inner city mutants what for.
    That is your right don't mess with mine.
    FATHEAD

DH

UK
    is it just me or does DH posts make no sense??

- - - Updated - - -

Ive just finished 2 Simon Clark books, The Fall & Hotel Midnight, good books, i recommend reading them. Ive just started Connie Willis - Blackout, not a horror as i usually read , its a time travel book. Oh and ive not long finished the full proper version of The Stand again, still one of my favourite books ever (if not the best).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Let me know what you think
    will do m8.
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

UK
    started reading Clive Barkers Book of Blood Vol1

UK
    finished books of blood, have started stephen kings rage.

UK
    ive started a zombie book called 21st century dead

UK
    started Richard Bachmans Long Walk

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie9 View Post
    started Richard Bachmans Long Walk
    I quite enjoyed that book! Make sure you read "Blaze"!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Currently reading Accardo - The Genuine Godfather by William Roemer and Warfare in the Classical World by John Warry.

After that I'll probably read either Alexander the Great and the Logistics of the Macedonian Army (the title says it all) or The Cold and the Dark: The World after a Nuclear War (so does this). I mostly read non-fiction stuff, and whenever I read fiction it's usually of the pulp kind (in it's derogatory sense). I've got a book called The Devils Plague about how Oliver Cromwell used a demon army to win him the English Civil War and having recently listened to Mike Duncan's podcast on the subject matter I think I might want to give it a read.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Currently reading Accardo - The Genuine Godfather by William Roemer and Warfare in the Classical World by John Warry.

After that I'll probably read either Alexander the Great and the Logistics of the Macedonian Army (the title says it all) or The Cold and the Dark: The World after a Nuclear War (so does this). I mostly read non-fiction stuff, and whenever I read fiction it's usually of the pulp kind (in it's derogatory sense). I've got a book called The Devils Plague about how Oliver Cromwell used a demon army to win him the English Civil War and having recently listened to Mike Duncan's podcast on the subject matter I think I might want to give it a read.

have you ever read "The Western Way of War" by Victor Hansen? great book about how greek and roman military thinking influence western culture.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."