Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty- Balck Ops - Full Review

Undisclosed

Call of Duty- Balck Ops - Full Review

So today I beat the S.P for Black ops, my review is this, the story line is ok, its based in the cold war, but takes you back as a soviet soldgier to fight against the germans, the Natzis are very involved in the story line. and pretty much it all leads up to this weapon called Nova 6 and the russians teaming up with the SS to release this chemical on Britan and the United States. the graphics are very good, you drive a gun boat in vietnam and your at the siege of Khe Sahn also you escape from a russian prison and a bunch of other stuff...

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

in essence its a good game and the M.P is sick and Natzi Zombies is incorporated into the Menu so its and active part of the game

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    A) How'd you get the game already?

B) You call that a full review?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    A) How'd you get the game already?

B) You call that a full review?

I'd hate to see the condensed version.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    so is this campaign as short (6 hours or so) and full of ridiculous plot-holes as the last game?

seems like the majority of effort goes into the MP mode, which is something i am sick of, too...those fucking non-stop kill streaks just ruined MW2.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    One thing's for sure. The graphics have come a long way.

http://www.ign.com/

The link won't take you directly to it for some reason. Just scroll down a little.

Last edited by darth los; 05-Nov-2010 at 08:50 PM. Reason: typo
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe_dead View Post
    So today I beat the S.P for Black ops, my review is this, the story line is ok, its based in the cold war, but takes you back as a soviet soldgier to fight against the germans, the Natzis are very involved in the story line. and pretty much it all leads up to this weapon called Nova 6 and the russians teaming up with the SS to release this chemical on Britan and the United States. the graphics are very good, you drive a gun boat in vietnam and your at the siege of Khe Sahn also you escape from a russian prison and a bunch of other stuff...

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

in essence its a good game and the M.P is sick and Natzi Zombies is incorporated into the Menu so its and active part of the game
    Pizz, he may be a tester. I had access for PS Home years before it was released.
    Last edited by slickwilly13; 05-Nov-2010 at 09:02 PM. Reason: don't know

Undisclosed
    Bought it on Craigslist how else...lol 60$ here └A ..... the campaign is about 11 hours of good gameplay and the Ai is glitchy... I was playing Natzi Zombies on the Multiplayer Earlier its sick...

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

ill load up some videos of me playing zombies tomorrow

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Video as promised

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe_dead View Post
    Bought it on Craigslist how else...lol 60$ here └A ..... the campaign is about 11 hours of good gameplay and the Ai is glitchy... I was playing Natzi Zombies on the Multiplayer Earlier its sick...
    No problem with you scoring the game earily but I think it's a load of bullshit that this kinda shit happens. How do you not get banned? That kinda shit looks like it'd be easy to steal you $60 dollars and ban your console. I know I would if I was microsoft.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    No problem with you scoring the game earily but I think it's a load of bullshit that this kinda shit happens. How do you not get banned? That kinda shit looks like it'd be easy to steal you $60 dollars and ban your console. I know I would if I was microsoft.
    The consumer shouldn't be and isn't banned for purchasing a game early because it is not their fault; it's the retailer's fault. It's not the same as cheating or anything like that.

If there were any kind of action taken, I would feel the most suiting thing to do would be to reset all of the achievements and online rankings the early-buyer scored, once everyone else got the game.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    The consumer shouldn't be and isn't banned for purchasing a game early because it is not their fault; it's the retailer's fault. It's not the same as cheating or anything like that.

If there were any kind of action taken, I would feel the most suiting thing to do would be to reset all of the achievements and online rankings the early-buyer scored, once everyone else got the game.
    It's not the deer's fault for eating the veggies out of my garden because I'm the dirty bastard that put the food there to entice them. It's my fault because I didn't put up a fence. If they jump that fence, then it's still my fault because the fence was too short.

Come on, give me a break. It's the same concept as thief by recieving. Criminals steal things that don't belong to them in order to sell them off and make $$$. Without people to buy the stolen crap, they are stuck holding hot items and risk going to jail. The thief knows that there is a market for cheap stuff and figures how much money he stands to make out weights the risk. Part of this exist because of the shitty justice system the US has in place though.

If your buying stuff before the release date, your creating the market for these early release sales.

I'm not sure what the vendor gets out of earily game sales unless it's the little man trying to rack up some consumers.

He does however have every right to buy the game earily but at his own risk. Halo Reach got alot of people banned by doing so. The first achievement/trophy you get that's before the release date is something to sweat about.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Since your analogies are a bit outrageous, I'll make an outrageous one of my own:

Suppose you're starving and somebody has a great meal sitting in front of you. They say "You can eat now and feel great, or you can continue to starve for another 4 hours." What would you do?

He didn't steal the game, he paid for it. And he probably paid extra. He's enjoying it on his own. It's not like he bought it for shelf price, then turned around and sold it off to someone for double the amount (which I've seen a ton of people doing on Craigs List).

I think it would be fair to reset his achievements and progress on release date. But to ban him? That's a bit much.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    I smell some Hateration....

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

and They do reset the achievements on the release day...same thing happened with the last call of duty...

United States
    It's the lack of disipline in the whole system that's annoying.

Halo Reach was leaked and microsoft said they were going to ban Gamertag + Console Serial Number of those people they caught doing so. Easy way to get someone to go buy another console.

and get your sniffer checked. Hateration would mean I envy you. I can wait until the release date. Probably won't play it much after tuesday until this up coming weekend. 12 hour shifts, 2 screaming kids, and a needy wife leaves little time for me to dive into a game in the middle of the week. For the record, the only people I currently envy is all those lucky ass retired individuals who wake up, drink coffee, and think "ahhhh" this is the life.

Undisclosed
    Watch that Movie " Its a Wonderful Life" maybe you'll feel better.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    the condensed review goes something like

"today I played black ops"
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.