12 70.59%
  • All consoles are for pussies, i am part of the glorious pc master race

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay, so. the ps3.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Okay, so. the ps3.

Honestly now, it appears the romero fans are mostly gates bitches when it comes to gaming, i myself have been the addicted owner of my 360 ,"leeroy", for a good number of years, but what do the 360 owners really think of the ps3?

I for one am going to buy one, primarily for metal gear 4, but stuff like disgea 3, eye of judgement and stuff looks awesome too. there's tons of stuff more important to buy im my opinion games wise, but eventually ill get one when the price is right, what about you guys?

United States
    i get plenty of mileage out of my 360, with tons of friends to play with and some pretty sweet games. there's nothing on ps3, aside from the blu-ray capability, that would make it worth owning to me. like i said earlier in another thread, i know ONE person (aside from those on this website) who owns a ps3, and probably close to sixty people on the 360 boat.

Undisclosed
    I read about a mod on the PS3...perfectly legal and does not void the warranty. You can replace the existing HDD with a larger one and then install Linux on it so you can use your PS3 to surf the net or do whatever... That would be my only driving force to own one at this point. Most of the games available are also available for the 360, which I already own. But the Idea of modding this thing to let me watch movies (DiVX) is enticing.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    thats one of the things i really like about the psp over the ds. way more customizability.

Undisclosed
    If you can find the 80G Metal Gear bundle and can afford it, then get it. Its has everything my 1st gen 60G version has plus Metal Gear, Dual Shock 3, and 20G more. Oh yeah, and like the 60G model its plays PS & PS2 cds.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Yeah, I like my PS3 quite a bit. It's mainly a Blu-ray player, and I haven't bought a game for it since Uncharted, but it has some decent games coming out for it this year. MotorStorm 2 & Resistance 2 look pretty hot.

I think Sony messed up when they didn't hold on to some of these exclusives that the 360 is getting. According to MS's e3 conference, they're getting Final Fantasy XIII too. The only franchise exclusive that Sony was able to hold on to was Metal Gear Solid. All the other Sony exclusives have been new IPs, and even then most of the new exclusives have sucked. I didn't like Lair or Heavenly Sword. So yeah, my 360 is my gaming machine and the PS3 is my Blu-ray player.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    My ps3 hardly gets used. Aside from the odd blu-ray disc, gaming wise I hardly use it. still haven't completed MGS4....and to be honest there's still not a game worth owning the console for.

United Kingdom
    I've got a good few games I could be playing on my 360 but it still rarely gets used, so I doubt even if I had the money to spare I'd bother buying another console that seems to have even less good games.

Anyway, I can never sit down and play a console game for hours like I can with a PC game, maybe I am a member of the 'elite PC master race'

Super Moderator

UK
    I would have voted for the elite pc master race ... but I got a 360 last year, so ... that's that notion out the window then, eh?

I'll never buy a PS3, if I won one, then sure, but otherwise no. I hate the controller totally (like all previous PS pads) and the games don't excite me, or I can get them on 360, which has a really nice controller, a great selection of games, and looks sexy.

I named mine "Mason" by the way, finally, it took months to come up with one, but I figured one out.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    My brother has a PS3. I'm not impressed. The only difference is the Blu Ray.

I'll stick with my 360.

capncnut
    Won a PS3 a while ago. Played it for an hour in total and owned it for a month. Traded it in (along with my old core 360) and got an Elite. Bought a s**tload of games with it too.

The only game I was looking forward to was Metal Gear IV and played it round my mates house the other day. Not worth owning the console for and kinda boring if you ask me, even he's gonna trade his PS3 in.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I own a PS3 but for use it mostly for Blu-Ray
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I own a PS3 but for use it mostly for Blu-Ray
    2 things i never thought id see you say!

Banned User

Undisclosed
    I got a PS3, Wii and a 360, and by far I love the PS3 and the 360 the most. I have to give it to 360 though over the top but not by TOO much. XBL and the achievement system rocks hard. And even though Playstations multiplayer networking has come a long way its got further yet to go. The wii on the other hand, lol what a joke I cant believe I bought one now that I have had one for over a year. I use it maybe 2 or 3 times a month or less, and thats mostly to let my 8 year old cousin play all the kids games for it. Wii is an utter failure and a joke.

United States
    I will never spend more than $200 to play games, period. So it'll be a long while before I get any of the current systems. When I do, it'll be PS3. I can take advantage of my older PS2 and PS1 games, and the other systems don't have anything I couldn't get for PS3 (that I'd want to play, anyway). And I have never, and will never, give one rat's ass about online play. I don't like multiplayer games.