Thread: 'Corpse' wakes up in morgue...

Super Moderator

UK

'Corpse' wakes up in morgue...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/african-cor...184106551.html

A 50-year-old South African man thought to be dead woke up in a chilly morgue on Sunday and shouted to be let out, scaring off two attendants who thought he was a ghost, local media reported.

"His family thought he had died," health spokesman Sizwe Kupelo told the Sapa news agency.

"The family called a private undertaker who took what they thought was a dead body to the morgue, but the man woke up inside the morgue on Sunday at 5:00 pm and screamed, demanding to be taken out of the cold place."

This caused two mortuary attendants on duty to flee the building in the small town of Libode in the rural Eastern Cape as they thought it was a ghost.

After calling for help and returning to find the man alive, an ambulance was sent to fetch the man who had "been exposed to extreme cold for nearly 24 hours" said Kupelo.

He said the public should not assume that a sick person had died and contact a mortuary, the report said.

"Doctors, emergency workers and the police are the only people who have a right to examine the patients and determine if they are dead or not."

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Scary for both parties. If I were an employee at that Mortuary, I don't think I'd be able to continue working there. It'd just freak me out a little too much thinking that any "dead person" can wake up at any moment.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    People never learn.

Administrator

England
    Lucky he hadn't been buried!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Feel sorry for the poor dude who woke up in the morgue, but that aside it is a total comedy of errors from start to finish. I especially think it funny that the morgue workers bolted thinking that the guy was a ghost.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Feel sorry for the poor dude who woke up in the morgue, but that aside it is a total comedy of errors from start to finish. I especially think it funny that the morgue workers bolted thinking that the guy was a ghost.
    C'mon, just admit this has happened to you before.